Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay. So she had something round her wrists, and was chained to something? But not to a pole at the side of the road or anything. And it may have been hose clamps around her wrists.

Why would the kidnappers use hose clamps instead of handcuffs or cable ties or whatever? Was the kidnapping a spur of the moment thing, so they just had to use whatever they could find in their garage?

So what do you think she could have been 'chained too'? What makes you think it's not a pole on the side of the road? That's what came to my mind when I read Chained To Something.

And also carefully using a screwdriver to tighten the hose clamps while holding on to her would be very difficult. Was she knocked unconscious while this happened? Otherwise, her wriggling around while trying to use a flathead screwdriver would cause the screwdriver to slip out all the time. I've tried to use hose clamps and they were very frustrating to me. Weirdness again. JMO

SAN FRANCISCO – A Northern California woman was chained to an object and had been badly beaten when found near an interstate three weeks after she disappeared while jogging, according to a newspaper citing a police-dispatch recording.

The Sacramento Bee reported that it acquired an audio clip of the exchange between dispatchers and officers in the moments after 34-year-old Sherri Papini flagged down a passing motorist near Interstate 5.

"CHP is on scene and advised that she is chained to something," a radio dispatcher told a responding officer. "CHP is advising that she is heavily battered."

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/11/26/report-california-woman-found-chained-to-object-beaten.html

Chained to an object. That to me means something other than her person.

And that's an exchange between a dispatcher and a police officer.

So what do you think she could have been 'chained too'? What makes you think it's not a pole on the side of the road? That's what came to my mind when I read Chained To Something.

IIRC, the woman who saw her (the one who wasn't able to stop) said she was "hopping" along the road. Another report is that SP risked being hit by traffic to get someone's attention. In other words, she was able to move.

Plus, being chained to something along the road would require someone to get out of the car to force SP to the pole and then lock her to it. That runs the risk of being seen.

Whatever she was chained to, I don't think it was a stationary item along the road.

jmOPINION, from what we know now.

Because if she jumped out of the car she can't have been chained to a pole at the side of the road.

I don't get why the facts of this case continue to be overlooked, and legitimate eye witness accounts from day one have been questioned. There's so much we don't know and so much we DO know. I'm not sure how productive it is to speculate about the unknowns that cannot be proven and perhaps not even vetted. The timeline of actual facts makes sense to the circumstances, and it makes more sense to spend energy making sense of those. Why can't they be true?

In the beginning when SP first went missing, everyone was up in arms because searches were called off. Searches were called off and LE said they believed SP was no longer in the area (logic dictates a witness reported something that LE didn't share with the public). Shortly thereafter that reverse ransom entered the picture. The reverse ransom was very craftily worded and changed multiple times, and had a very specific deadline that was part of the flexible wording. The morning SP was found the ransom page had gone completely blank, well before it was even announced publicly she was found and well before these threads were alerted (that is my personal experience, from my own eyes).

Within all of this, SP was taken against her will, restrained, and roughed up. We know zero about the severity of her injuries, when they started, who inflicted them, or how many times the assaults occurred, or how many people were involved. It's possible two Hispanic women in a dark SUV may have been spotted before or after SPs release in the area between Redding (Point of SP missing) and where she was found (bound and chained to something on a rural road off the I-5 in Yolo). THAT'S the kind of information LE is looking for, for THAT area. They aren't asking us to report a spotting in say San Jose, San Diego or Sacramento.

We also don't know the motive. The motive could range from a personal vendetta against her or someone else she knows, to trafficking, to drugs, to money, to jealousy, to an action that occurred years ago when she lived in El Segundo, to a stalker, to a past love interest.... see how ridiculously long the list could become with no grounds for "going there"?

Logic suggests they all (family and LE) knew something from the beginning, and all sides took their own decided measures to bring SP home safely. Whatever bargains were struck behind the scenes are no doubt being investigated, quietly, and we aren't going to learn about it, as it should be. We aren't police and this is essentially classified information, and leaking it would no doubt injure the investigation.
But no one gave you permission to think logically. :)

I don't get that impression. He's speaking to a kidnapping victim who is battered and bound, repeating what she is saying. Why would he have any reason not to believe her? LE has repeated stating that she was assaulted, implications otherwise are really absurd. If for some reason, the sole abductor had a change of heart and decided to release her, it wouldn't be surprising that SP was told to say she had escaped rather than being released to protect the abductor from retribution from her counterparts. Once SP was safe and had confirmation that her family was safe, she could/may be able to give a more accurate account. IMO, SP has not seen her family or children in 3 weeks and could have been told anything to keep her frightened and it will take time for any sense of safety to return.

That's not exactly a ringing endorsement from the officer regarding the veracity of her statement. It sounds like he doesn't believe her...

I think it's safe to say that LE has given this entire family a huge gag order..................and carried it over to themselves as well.

It's unbelievable that more information about this hasn't leaked out by now. As far as I know, not a single thing about the abductors or an attempt to find them has been broadcast publicly with the exception of a "maroon SUV".

I know the MSM is pressing hard for more information, but it appears that LE is pressing back even harder not to provide any.

This story may be so fantastic and complex that it's hard to discount it, while at the same time impossible to verify it.

I'm curious. Did people think this was a hoax before the reverse ransom announcement?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My GUESS about the restraints is that the items are things anyone could easily find and easily use.

Just a guess, jmo

I agree, but I wonder if this is something women would typically think to use.

I don't get that impression. He's speaking to a kidnapping victim who is battered and bound, repeating what she is saying. Why would he have any reason not to believe her? LE has repeated stating that she was assaulted, implications otherwise are really absurd. If for some reason, the sole abductor had a change of heart and decided to release her, it wouldn't be surprising that SP was told to say she had escaped rather than being released to protect the abductor from retribution from her counterparts. Once SP was safe and had confirmation that her family was safe, she could/may be able to give a more accurate account. IMO, SP has not seen her family or children in 3 weeks and could have been told anything to keep her frightened and it will take time for any sense of safety to return.

It's my understanding that LE has said SP suffered injuries, but didn't say specifically she was assaulted.

Correct me if I'm wrong!

jmo

Chained to an object. That to me means something other than her person.

And that's an exchange between a dispatcher and a police officer.

Bound at her wrists loose enough so she could wave a shirt, chained to something at her ankle - maybe using a hose clamp at each end.

That's just how I'm envisioning it.

If she "jumped out of the vehicle" that could still mean she was released by her captors. They might of slowed down enough for her to jump out. This would explain why she still had restraints on (people were questioning why she still had restraints on if she was "released")...the abductors didn't want the chance of being seen while taking the time to unrestrain her THEN release her. They slowed down the vehicle and told her to get out of the vehicle at that time.

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/video/stay-safe-jogging-43813955

Also Hispanics can be any race, and any color.

Some Hispanics are fairly white, some Mestizo and some are of African descent.

Since the WS sleuths are commenting on this...FWIW...I was married to a Latin man (i.e. from Central America) who was blonde (is gray now) and has blue eyes...okay...just marking my spot...thanks!

Where are some of you obtaining the info that she was bound with hose clamps??

They said "hispanic" but I'm sure they are not suggesting the two suspects are from Spain. So this is a really interesting question, what exactly does a "hispanic" or "latino" woman look like? Yeah there are so many possible "looks" as to make that description useless. Did they speak in Spanish, or in English with a latin-american accent? Or, maybe they really are from Spain. Barcelona even. Be on the lookout for flamenco dancers.

It was reported that she was going on voice recognition. Hispanic means the women spoke Spanish and you can't make any assumptions on how they might look. I don't know if SP speaks Spanish, but assume she doesn't. In that case, the hispanic women would need to be bilingual. I have a white friend who learned to speak Spanish while driving a bus. He's fluent in Spanish and speaks with an accent that says he's from Mexico City. My step mother is from Argentina and was a translator for the Spanish Embassy when she immigrated to California in the 60's. She can recognize and speak in several different Spanish dialects. BTW, her English is impeccable and she looks like Hyacinth Bucket.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...hree-wee-long-disappearance-article-1.2887347
"ABC News reported the description of the women was based on "voice recognition," suggesting Papini wasn't able to view their faces during her captivity."​

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Patturelli