Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wondering what kind of food and drinks were given to SP while being held captive? This could certainly lend some clues about her captor's ethnicity IMO. Also, possible location(s) of where she was being held.

True! I like the way you think. But, they may have only given her bread and water.

That's not exactly a ringing endorsement from the officer regarding the veracity of her statement. It sounds like he doesn't believe her...
I wouldn't read much into this. I think he's simply telling them what he was told.

That's not exactly a ringing endorsement from the officer regarding the veracity of her statement. It sounds like he doesn't believe her...

I don't know that it's such an odd statement. I'm guessing that the scenario the officer encountered that morning isn't that common. I.e., a chained woman on the roadside flagging down a passerby saying she escaped from a vehicle. A lot to process for anyone.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I hope the new members who've come to WS for this case stick around; they're not all like this.

I'be been banging on about AH/Kibby from the beginning Stele. Just a lot of similarities IMO, I even wondered if the reason for the phone/earbuds being like they were was because of something similar too, something quickly put over her head pulling the wires/phone off her.

Ok, I'm feeling like a fool now. Just spent 2 hours driving round on streetview not realising there was a new thread, still sat thinking #9 was locked :laughing:

In my defense I have't had anything to eat yet and yowzers its gone 4pm. The map was driving me nuts lol

I was correct in the first place, before I moved the marker about 25 times. The disptach is misleading stating just south of yolo when the location is slightly north west (if i'm being pedantic) I actually wondered, having listened to a lot of scanner traffic, that what we heard was the responding officer stating HIS location to the one at the scene. Anyhoo. Marker is now in the back in the correct spot, confirmed thanks to this video https://www.facebook.com/gadinbc/videos/610543125797847/?hc_location=ufi

I forget who posted it in the last thread, but a huge thank you! Ok im not sure I made any sense even to myself so im off to get some food now before I pass out!

Case Map

Skibaboo, I always think about you and how you will catch up. :loveyou: I think the mods are doing a great job when it is shut down to clean it up and allow people to catch up on fast-moving threads.

Wait, I'm confused. I've been assuming she was chained by the wrists, but has anyone said wrists? Maybe she was chained by the neck like Todd Kohlhepp's recent victim, or by the ankles?

Police say, NO reason to disbelieve story:

"We currently have no reason to disbelieve Sherri Papini's story, Shasta County Sheriff Tom Bosenko said on Sunday. "She was assaulted and had injuries which she was treated for."

http://abcnews.go.com/US/police-reas...ry?id=43816705

Wait, I'm confused. I've been assuming she was chained by the wrists, but has anyone said wrists? Maybe she was chained by the neck like Todd Kohlhepp's recent victim, or by the ankles?

Yes, it's in the earlier link on page one. The responding states the (hose clamps) are on her wrists.

See earlier posts on this thread. There was information released about the call from CHP that describes the chain and "something" on her wrists.

jmo

The sheriff does say that one was involved in the "release" of SP. Watching a special on GMA this morning about jogging safety and SP, they included the CHP recording and then another one shortly after I had not heard before:

Officer: "She's saying that she jumped out of the vehicle."

It's at about the :55 mark in the GMA video. I may have missed this earlier, but is there another recording that has surfaced. I suppose it could be related to another jogging incident, just seems odd it wouldn't be referenced as such. Can anyone confirm with another link?
BBM

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/video/stay-safe-jogging-43813955

Thank you for finding it!!!

Two pages behind when I posted this, but now caught up and does appear to be related to SP. I don't think it's that uncommon for her hands to be bound in the front rather than the back, they could have been this way for some time to allow her to eat/drink and maybe only unlocked for restroom breaks. Having jumped from the car could've shown her as heavily battered (blood, scrapes, road rash, etc.), though I am in no way minimizing any injuries the day of or prior to her being found. IMO, they moved her around a good bit, possibly feeling LE was on their trail. Maybe it was common for only one abductor to be used in the transporting and she seized the opportunity to escape while on route to another stash house. With only one abductor, it would've been risky for her to hang around trying to recapture SP on her own. MOO. But LE did not believe SP had been there long before flagging down the motorist.

The sheriff does say that one was involved in the "release" of SP. Watching a special on GMA this morning about jogging safety and SP, they included the CHP recording and then another one shortly after I had not heard before:

Officer: "She's saying that she jumped out of the vehicle."

It's at about the :55 mark in the GMA video. I may have missed this earlier, but is there another recording that has surfaced. I suppose it could be related to another jogging incident, just seems odd it wouldn't be referenced as such. Can anyone confirm with another link?
BBM

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/video/stay-safe-jogging-43813955

SAN FRANCISCO – A Northern California woman was chained to an object and had been badly beaten when found near an interstate three weeks after she disappeared while jogging, according to a newspaper citing a police-dispatch recording.

The Sacramento Bee reported that it acquired an audio clip of the exchange between dispatchers and officers in the moments after 34-year-old Sherri Papini flagged down a passing motorist near Interstate 5.

"CHP is on scene and advised that she is chained to something," a radio dispatcher told a responding officer. "CHP is advising that she is heavily battered."

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/11/26/report-california-woman-found-chained-to-object-beaten.html

Okay. So she had something round her wrists, and was chained to something? But not to a pole at the side of the road or anything. And it may have been hose clamps around her wrists.

Why would the kidnappers use hose clamps instead of handcuffs or cable ties or whatever? Was the kidnapping a spur of the moment thing, so they just had to use whatever they could find in their garage?

Okay. So she had something round her wrists, and was chained to something? But not to a pole at the side of the road or anything. And it may have been hose clamps around her wrists.

Why would the kidnappers use hose clamps instead of handcuffs or cable ties or whatever? Was the kidnapping a spur of the moment thing, so they just had to use whatever they could find in their garage?

My GUESS about the restraints is that the items are things anyone could easily find and easily use.

Just a guess, jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member