Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Can someone post an example of a hose clamp? Not sure what that is. Is this the object she was chained to or part or the item that held her hands together? The reports mentioned her being chained to some object.

35421956-83b1-4d9f-ac27-7464377c6db8_400.jpg

It could have been possibly something between a release and a jump? They were taking her to release her, and slowed way down, and she jumped out?

For the moment, that is exactly what I'm assuming. I think the vehicle slowed down and someone in the car opened a door and told SP to get out.

The perps would want to get away soon, so perhaps they didn't even stop the car but kept it moving while SP jumped out.

I can't imagine she could do that - especially while restrained without being injured, though not with life-threatening injuries. It's entirely possible that her battered appearance is from her exit from the vehicle.

Of course, we don't know the whole story, I know that.

jmo

OK I call that tube clamp. For dryer vents etc. Half inch chain like a dog leash size. I guess these items are found in a hardware store. Something that LE is likely looking at imo.

Okay: she was either kidnapped or concocted the tale with help or alone.

That still about where we're at?

Nope, we got it all figured out while you were gone. We're just not telling. :p

Just a point about the description - if SP was waving a shirt perhaps it was over her head before she left the vehicle and pulled it off and only saw the dark SUV then.

OTOH When AH was kidnapped in Conway NH by Nathaniel Kibby and held in a storage container for 9 months he dropped her off near her home and instructed her to give a false description to police with the warning that if she told who he was he would kill her dogs and her Mom.She did give a false description and a sketch was released. A week later she gave the accurate details as well as his name .

:cow:

I missed that...thanks for posting.

If she jumped out of a moving vehicle with her hands in restraints in a heavy chain, that could also account for her battered appearance. So it appears we don't even know if she was battered by her captors, or battered during escape from a vehicle. (So was that "released" by one of her captors or escape from a captor? I feel so confused.)

Not that this clarifies anything, of course, but this article states that according to LE

1) it was "not known" if she was injured by her captors

It is not known if Papini knew her captors, was harmed by them or what their motives may have been.

2) she was "released" at the intersection

She declined to comment about whether a ransom had been paid or involved in the release of her sister.

Police say that the victim had been 'very emotional' to be freed yesterday and finally be reunited with her husband Keith.

'At about 4.30 this morning, Shasta County Sheriff's Office was notified that Sherri Papini had been located,' police said yesterday.

'We learned she had been released by her captor on a road near I-5 in Yolo County. 'She was bound by restraints but was able to summon help from a passing motorist,' said Sheriff Bosenko.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...says-return-amazing-Thanksgiving-ask-for.html

This is why I'm confused. Guessing I'm not alone, though.

Did anyone see her jump out of the car I wonder, or did she just say she jumped out of the car? If someone saw her jump out they may have a description of the vehicle.

Plus if she jumped out, that sounds more like an escape than a release...

And if she jumped out, someone was driving a vehicle with an open door ... would have had to stop and close it ...

Just reading along and I can't make sense of her jumping from a moving car being handcuffed and then chained to a pole.

How does that happen.

I think once again reporters are running with all kinds of inaccurate news.

LE needs to come forward and clear up what happened unless they like this commotion.

Usually LE will protect innocent victims. I'm not seeing that kind of support here.

Something is just off.

Wondering what kind of food and drinks were given to SP while being held captive? This could certainly lend some clues about her captor's ethnicity IMO. Also, possible location(s) of where she was being held.

Within all of this, SP was taken against her will, restrained, and roughed up. We know zero about the severity of her injuries, when they started, who inflicted them, or how many times the assaults occurred, or how many people were involved. It's possible two Hispanic women in a dark SUV may have been spotted before or after SPs release in the area between Redding (Point of SP missing) and where she was found (bound and chained to something on a rural road off the I-5 in Yolo). THAT'S the kind of information LE is looking for, for THAT area. They aren't asking us to report a spotting in say San Jose, San Diego or Sacramento.

She was found very close to Woodland, population over 50,000 and 47% of population is Hispanic or Latino. The only other distinguishing factor given was they drove an SUV (in a rural area, so again, not really helpful).

Also, Sacramento is a 20 minute or less drive away, population roughly 466,000, 27% Hispanic or Latino.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Woodland,_California

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sacramento,_California

For the moment, that is exactly what I'm assuming. I think the vehicle slowed down and someone in the car opened a door and told SP to get out.

The perps would want to get away soon, so perhaps they didn't even stop the car but kept it moving while SP jumped out.

I can't imagine she could do that - especially while restrained without being injured, though not with life-threatening injuries. It's entirely possible that her battered appearance is from her exit from the vehicle.

Of course, we don't know the whole story, I know that.

jmo

But LE said she was released by ONE captor. So she would have had to manage to open her own door. Does it seem logical that kidnappers would bind hands in front instead of behind?

Just a point about the description - if SP was waving a shirt perhaps it was over her head before she left the vehicle and pulled it off and only saw the dark SUV then.

OTOH When AH was kidnapped in Conway NH by Nathaniel Kibby and held in a storage container for 9 months he dropped her off near her home and instructed her to give a false description to police with the warning that if she told who he was he would kill her dogs and her Mom.She did give a false description and a sketch was released. A week later she gave the accurate details as well as his name .

:cow:

I'be been banging on about AH/Kibby from the beginning Stele. Just a lot of similarities IMO, I even wondered if the reason for the phone/earbuds being like they were was because of something similar too, something quickly put over her head pulling the wires/phone off her.

Ok, I'm feeling like a fool now. Just spent 2 hours driving round on streetview not realising there was a new thread, still sat thinking #9 was locked :laughing:

In my defense I have't had anything to eat yet and yowzers its gone 4pm. The map was driving me nuts lol

I was correct in the first place, before I moved the marker about 25 times. The disptach is misleading stating just south of yolo when the location is slightly north west (if i'm being pedantic) I actually wondered, having listened to a lot of scanner traffic, that what we heard was the responding officer stating HIS location to the one at the scene. Anyhoo. Marker is now back in the correct spot, confirmed thanks to this video https://www.facebook.com/gadinbc/videos/610543125797847/?hc_location=ufi

I forget who posted it in the last thread, but a huge thank you! Ok im not sure I made any sense even to myself so im off to get some food now before I pass out!

Case Map

Just reading along and I can't make sense of her jumping from a moving car being handcuffed and then chained to a pole.

How does that happen.

LE needs to come forward and clear up what happened unless they like this commotion.

Usually LE will protect innocent victims. I'm not seeing that kind of support here.

Something is just off.

I must have totally missed the pole thing. Where does it mention she was chained to a pole?
I was under the impression her restraints were fashioned in a way as though they were handcuffs.

How does that happen.

Something is just off.

Do you have a link for the "pole" information?

It's my understanding she was restrained (and now we know by a chain and hose clamp). We don't know what else was involved with the restraints.

But if you have info on the pole, please share. Thanks.

jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member