Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
BBM.What could that mean? Has she had contact with LE before?

ETA and they are checking her past and online activity? Is that normal in a kidnapping, to focus on the victim like that? What are they doing to try and find the two Hispanic women?

I would think so. They will go through all of her online activity to see if someone may have threatened her at some point in time.

I didn't realize it was in presser that two Hispanic women abducted her, but one released her

[video=youtube;uU86kyKLaUM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uU86kyKLaUM"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uU86kyKLaUM[/video]

Wow, that is exactly what I said I thought happened in my post in the last thread. I speculated about one of the captors released her when the other one ...who was probably the more dominate leader... wasn't available or around. Either she had gone somewhere at the time or she may have been asleep passed out from drugs and alcohol or both. Many times in these type of crimes where two criminals team up together there will be a strong leader and then the second one is usually a follower and more passive.

Part of a comprehensive investigation is, I'm sure, looking into what was occurring in the victim's life, who in her life might have something against her, who she might have been in contact with, even tangentially, online as well as offline. Statements from the victim and her family are important but they have to look further and deeper to try and form the whole picture.

Like a puzzle with lots of pieces. 20% of the puzzle may be completed but they need to get more pieces into place in order to see the whole picture emerge.

The public and especially "sleuthers" will always feel frustrated because LE never shares what all they know and find. They tell the minimum they need to, they hold their cards close to their vest, they aren't going to jeopardize the case by releasing information to assuage the curious. We, the public, will just have to wait and see-- there's really no other choice.

In terms of safety, the advice by the Sheriff remains: be aware of your surroundings when out and about, especially when/if you are in isolated areas. Let someone know your plans if you're going to be out hiking/jogging alone and in more remote areas. Take your cell phone. Common sense everyday things your mom would tell you to do.

I don't get why the facts of this case continue to be overlooked, and legitimate eye witness accounts from day one have been questioned. There's so much we don't know and so much we DO know. I'm not sure how productive it is to speculate about the unknowns that cannot be proven and perhaps not even vetted. The timeline of actual facts makes sense to the circumstances, and it makes more sense to spend energy making sense of those. Why can't they be true?

In the beginning when SP first went missing, everyone was up in arms because searches were called off. Searches were called off and LE said they believed SP was no longer in the area (logic dictates a witness reported something that LE didn't share with the public). Shortly thereafter that reverse ransom entered the picture. The reverse ransom was very craftily worded and changed multiple times, and had a very specific deadline that was part of the flexible wording. The morning SP was found the ransom page had gone completely blank, well before it was even announced publicly she was found and well before these threads were alerted (that is my personal experience, from my own eyes).

Within all of this, SP was taken against her will, restrained, and roughed up. We know zero about the severity of her injuries, when they started, who inflicted them, or how many times the assaults occurred, or how many people were involved. It's possible two Hispanic women in a dark SUV may have been spotted before or after SPs release in the area between Redding (Point of SP missing) and where she was found (bound and chained to something on a rural road off the I-5 in Yolo). THAT'S the kind of information LE is looking for, for THAT area. They aren't asking us to report a spotting in say San Jose, San Diego or Sacramento.

We also don't know the motive. The motive could range from a personal vendetta against her or someone else she knows, to trafficking, to drugs, to money, to jealousy, to an action that occurred years ago when she lived in El Segundo, to a stalker, to a past love interest.... see how ridiculously long the list could become with no grounds for "going there"?

Logic suggests they all (family and LE) knew something from the beginning, and all sides took their own decided measures to bring SP home safely. Whatever bargains were struck behind the scenes are no doubt being investigated, quietly, and we aren't going to learn about it, as it should be. We aren't police and this is essentially classified information, and leaking it would no doubt injure the investigation.

I figure she was able to gain empathy or sympathy from her captors. There are cases such as this. Rare but exist.

Sent from my LGLS675 using Tapatalk

This is going to be relatively easy to prove or disprove, so long as LE has access to Sherri, and she speaks openly about what happened. She was gone for three weeks, so she needs to have a detailed story of what was happening to her during that time. It's not something you can easily make up. Certainly not make it up and repeat it accurately over time in follow up interviews.

The problem is that there are currently 10 threads on this case here, and yet we know almost nothing. So it's really impossible to draw any conclusions. From what has been released, her story seems quite improbable. But no doubt there are many things that haven't been released, so we're just going to have to wait and see.

Throughout this case I've been Vizzini from The Princess Bride, "Inconceivable!".

Exactly. I'm from Spain so I'm Hispanic but not Latino. People confuse the two terms.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OT I'll put my hand up and say I thought they were one and the same... feeling very ignorant now!! to be fair, the population round here is made up mostly of sheep...

Based on the information out there, that we can't discuss, this case is a whole different animal than what is being discussed here. We are looking at crumbs on the floor with a microscope while godzilla is destroying Tokyo. My take on this case would get me tossed off here in a second.

I think we might be on the same line of thinking. This feels allot bigger then what we are guessing or being told. And if I explained how I felt, I figure id be kicked out too.

Ok, per the ABC news interview that was on Good Morning America today -

Sherri was able to flag down a passing motorist, with something that looked like a shirt, all the while being in restraints.

So not only did they release her, they released her with what was essentially a 'flag' to get help? But kept her restrained?

I hope my opinion does not get me banned because I love this forum

I just hope that LE would come up with something more concrete than "2 Latino women in a dark SUV". I am Latina. I own a dark SUV. That could be millions of people.

I was the victim of a real hate crime due to being Latino. It would break my heart if innocent people get attacked (like I was) or worst because of this case. The whole thing is very weird and again I do not want to be asked to leave this place, so I will be very quiet for now.

As a community we have been demonized of late. I hope this does not add to the fire. That is all.

If the family knew she was kidnapped: What is the protocol for hostage negotiations? Do the police usually let an outsider hired by the family- or do they require to have a someone from the police force do it? If the family knew what was up were they making phone calls/emails to who had her? Why did they not involve the police? Why didn't the police investigate what that the family was wise to? I feel there is a big disconnect to what the family knew and did to help get Sherri back home compared to how the police reacted.

I am learning.... I first posted and typed in Caucasian as I thought was equivalent to "white". After I researched latino vs. hispanic, I then researched white vs. Caucasian.

Boy... was I ignorant!

I had no idea as to the vast difference in the definition of white and Caucasian, as I have thought previously synonymous. :blushing:

I learn so much here at WS.

O/T I love love loved my experience visiting Spain! The culture, the history (the handsome men! :bigsmile:) Having years in school taking Spanish benefited me greatly.

You're not the only one who was confused. I didn't even know I was Hispanic until I read up on it. The two terms are thrown around indiscriminately which is what causes the confusion. I'm so glad you loved Spain! I'm biased but think it's one of the best countries in Europe to visit [emoji4]

If the family knew she was kidnapped: What is the protocol for hostage negotiations? Do the police usually let an outsider hired by the family- or do they require to have a someone from the police force do it? If the family knew what was up were they making phone calls/emails to who had her? Why did they not involve the police? Why didn't the police investigate what that the family was wise to? I feel there is a big disconnect to what the family knew and did to help get Sherri back home compared to how the police reacted.

This guy who was the hostage negotiator does it professionally, I believe, and he made a very clear statement to LE not to call him, that he was within his rights to negotiate and pay her captors for her release. Since they were trying to make it clear to the captors that they would NOT be prosecuted, it seems going with LE to help out would take away that ability. I don't believe LE can negotiate with felons and promise they won't be prosecuted. They can only make statements like, "the court will likely go easier on you if you cooperate", "we will support the court taking into consideration that you cooperated".

I hope my opinion does not get me banned because I love this forum

I just hope that LE would come up with something more concrete than "2 Latino women in a dark SUV". I am Latina. I own a dark SUV. That could be millions of people.

I was the victim of a real hate crime due to being Latino. It would break my heart if innocent people get attacked (like I was) or worst because of this case. The whole thing is very weird and again I do not want to be asked to leave this place, so I will be very quiet for now.

As a community we have been demonized of late. I hope this does not add to the fire. That is all.
Being captive for 3 weeks you'd think there would be a bit more details. I suppose they could have been wearing masks the entire time, but you think a better description would exist based on the duration...even small details, heavy set, medium frame, long hair, crooked teeth, husky voice...I'm genuinely surprised police aren't given more info to help here.

It does seem a bit unfair we are singling out Latino women in SUVs, there got to me more to add to that...

If SP WAS trying to keep the fact of her first marriage secret, as was discussed due to statements in her wedding blog, that cover has been blown, since LE mentioned they were looking to make sure her prior marriage was not a factor...jmo

Thank you. At the 1:40 mark of the video - Officer - "she is chained with a quarter inch uh heavy chain and (inaudible) on her wrists"

ETA does anyone else think the inaudible part sounds like "hose clamps" ?

It does sound like he says "hose clamps"

Thank you. At the 1:40 mark of the video - Officer - "she is chained with a quarter inch uh heavy chain and (inaudible) on her wrists"

ETA does anyone else think the inaudible part sounds like "hose clamps" ?

D-CHP is advising she heavily battered
Officer-Shes chained with a quarter inch heavy chain and (bolted) to her wrists (thats what ai heard)

Wonder why they left out
Officer- shes saying that she jumped out of the vehicle

It was on last night on ABC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads