Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you have a link for the "pole" information?

It's my understanding she was restrained (and now we know by a chain and hose clamp). We don't know what else was involved with the restraints.

But if you have info on the pole, please share. Thanks.

jmo

I don't think the hose clamp is a sure thing. It was a guess.

I haven't followed this case closely until a couple days ago and since then, I have been playing catch-up. I saw a poster refer the SP's wedding/newlywed blog, which I promptly looked up this morning.

Ummm....:facepalm:

I don't think the hose clamp is a sure thing.

Okay, fine, but it does sound like "hose clamp" to listeners.

But what I'm specifically asking about is not the clamp but the reference above to a "pole." If there is a link to a "pole," someone please post.

tia.

I'be been banging on about AH/Kibby from the beginning Stele. Just a lot of similarities IMO, I even wondered if the reason for the phone/earbuds being like they were was because of something similar too, something quickly put over her head pulling the wires/phone off her.

Ok, I'm feeling like a fool now. Just spent 2 hours driving round on streetview not realising there was a new thread, still sat thinking #9 was locked :laughing:

In my defense I have't had anything to eat yet and yowzers its gone 4pm. The map was driving me nuts lol

I was correct in the first place, before I moved the marker about 25 times. The disptach is misleading stating just south of yolo when the location is slightly north west (if i'm being pedantic) I actually wondered, having listened to a lot of scanner traffic, that what we heard was the responding officer stating HIS location to the one at the scene. Anyhoo. Marker is now in the back in the correct spot, confirmed thanks to this video https://www.facebook.com/gadinbc/videos/610543125797847/?hc_location=ufi

I forget who posted it in the last thread, but a huge thank you! Ok im not sure I made any sense even to myself so im off to get some food now before I pass out!

Case Map

I posted that link because I hadn't seen it earlier, if it was posted. I thought it gave, if accurate, a good visual of where she was found. I thought perhaps she'd been tethered to the guard rail, but if she indeed jumped, that likely wasn't the case at all. I feel dumb in regards to this case because trying to pay good attention to what is said and not said to try to picture the scene and I'm very confused.

Okay, fine, but it does sound like "hose clamp" to listeners.

But what I'm specifically asking about is not the clamp but the reference above to a "pole." If there is a link to a "pole," someone please post.

tia.

This is the first that I've heard mention of a pole too.

The sheriff does say that one was involved in the "release" of SP. Watching a special on GMA this morning about jogging safety and SP, they included the CHP recording and then another one shortly after I had not heard before:

Officer: "She's saying that she jumped out of the vehicle."

It's at about the :55 mark in the GMA video. I may have missed this earlier, but is there another recording that has surfaced. I suppose it could be related to another jogging incident, just seems odd it wouldn't be referenced as such. Can anyone confirm with another link?
BBM

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/video/stay-safe-jogging-43813955

I didn't realize it was in presser that two Hispanic women abducted her, but one released her

[video=youtube;uU86kyKLaUM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uU86kyKLaUM"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uU86kyKLaUM[/video]

35421956-83b1-4d9f-ac27-7464377c6db8_400.jpg

Or maybe they meant a hose hobble?

hose_hobble_type_b.jpg

Circling back around on a detail.
Has it been confirmed that Sherri's husband and family KNEW at the Thanksgiving vigil that she had been found safe? Reports are she was found at 430am and in contact with her husband almost immediately. The vigil was that morning about 8am.

This has been discuss previously, I am working to confirm. Also wondering if the family has discussed that they knew Sherri was alive and safe and why they didn't share that information at the balloon release.

Thank you

Yes, he knew at the time of the balloon release/poetry reading but by that time, as I understand it, he was no longer at the Turkey Trot.

'Scuse me, please, while I return to the balloon launch (I'm ADD and this case is really working that). Did someone post in here that someone other than Keith read the poem that morning that Keith had written for Sherri? Does anyone have a link for that?

ETA: ah, I see *LD* has joined me on that rabbit trail!

Would these be difficult to put on/take off? IIRC they are flexible?

They're made out of steel and not really flexible. If you unscrew the clamp all of the way you can bend it. Pretty hard to tighten or loosen without using a screwdriver. JMO

Or maybe they meant a hose hobble?

View attachment 105201

I'm not at all familiar with a hose hobble. And I'm having a really hard time understanding how the use of that would restrain someone from escaping kidnappers. I myself would probably try to sneak up behind them to strangle them with the chain ... but that's just me. Not only that, but if I were transporting an abductee, those feet would be restrained, most definitely, and the hands would be restrained in the BACK. The door locks would be in the child proof position. It's a puzzle that she escaped on a rural road, but the kidnapper didn't run after her, just let her go ...

Yes, he knew at the time of the balloon release/poetry reading but by that time, as I understand it, he was no longer at the Turkey Trot.

Thank you!! This is so odd to me!

'Scuse me, please, while I return to the balloon launch (I'm ADD and this case is really working that). Did someone post in here that someone other than Keith read the poem that morning that Keith had written for Sherri? Does anyone have a link for that?

ETA: ah, I see *LD* has joined me on that rabbit trail!

A family friend read the poem and the statement from family. I think a link was found that could be posted somewhere in a thread or so back. It was a poem written by Keith to Sherry (assuming between the birth of their son and daughter since only the son is mentioned) and recited by the friend on Thanksgiving. I know others here have seen and it should be able to confirm.

OH my gosh! Those look so painful! What happened to zip ties? I wonder if she ripped her shirt off to flag someone down. My modesty would go with trying to free myself from evil people!

Hard to figure out how she could take off her shirt if her wrists were restrained.

Sounds like she was chained and had "something" on her wrists (to be confirmed what the items on the wrists actually were).

Given restrained wrists, it seems the item she used to flag down motorists was already in her hand.

Or, perhaps it's something she was able to pick up from the ground. White plastic bag along the road??? Just thinking aloud and trying to figure out the logistics.

jmopinion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member