Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't describe how much more bizarre this case has become in the past few days. The woman who saw SP on the side of the road stating she had long hair, then KP saying she was found with her hair chopped off. KP stating SP was thrown out of a vehicle, chained, burned, branded, broken nose, then LE stating she walked to a church and flagged someone down. The oddities are endless.

I have doubted SP's story, and that's been largely due to the fact that we have been going off erroneous information. The scanner traffic indicated SP was "chained to something". But she really wasn't chained to something, although she might have been wrapped in a chain (that makes a significant difference). We were also led to believe SP was treated and released from a hospital. I'm still unclear on that point, although the sheriff has now verified that she had injuries consistent with what KP mentioned in his statement.

Let me know if I need to post these articles I'm referring to. They can all be found in the media thread however.

There was some speculation that the woman may have simply been an attention seeker. There's a good chance she never even saw Sherri.

Have to admit, I was led astray by her description as well.

i am curious if the reason the Sheriff is not giving much information out is because of KP going being their backs and offering a ransom?

It seems to me that the Sheriff could have released more information about Sherri's condition and has chosen not to (despite confirming that KP's description is correct).

So why would the Sheriff do that? I get the feeling there is a riff between the Panini's and local LE.

BBM :laughing: Don't worry, I always think "Panini" before "Papini" too...

First post here, but I found the following interesting.

"I saw a woman with long blond hair by the side of the road kind of frantically waving what looked like a shirt," the driver, Alison Sutton, told ABC News. "I figured if she was willing to risk being hit by a car, she must really need help."

http://abcnews.go.com/US/911-caller-missing-california-mom-risked-hit-car/story?id=43819168

As I'm reading today, the following is said from her husband.

He added that when he reunited with Papini, she weighed only 87 lbs. and her long, blonde hair had been chopped off. He told GMA that Sherri had been thrown from a vehicle with a chain around her waist – which was also attached to her wrists – and a bag over her head.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime...-87-lbs/ar-AAkTToe?li=BBmkt5R&ocid=spartanntp

I don't think this necessarily indicates a contradiction. "Long hair" is somewhat subjective and the woman who saw her was driving at hwy speed. When SP went missing her hair appears to have been waist length or longer. Her captors might have cut it to shoulder length, which is still considered long hair to many women.

First post here, but I found the following interesting.

"I saw a woman with long blond hair by the side of the road kind of frantically waving what looked like a shirt," the driver, Alison Sutton, told ABC News. "I figured if she was willing to risk being hit by a car, she must really need help."

http://abcnews.go.com/US/911-caller-missing-california-mom-risked-hit-car/story?id=43819168

As I'm reading today, the following is said from her husband.

He added that when he reunited with Papini, she weighed only 87 lbs. and her long, blonde hair had been chopped off. He told GMA that Sherri had been thrown from a vehicle with a chain around her waist – which was also attached to her wrists – and a bag over her head.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime...-87-lbs/ar-AAkTToe?li=BBmkt5R&ocid=spartanntp

:welcome:

I wondered about her hair too. I guess "long" might be subjective. In her photos, her hair was super long. Perhaps a good deal had been chopped off but not enough to be considered short by the passing motorist?

(I had waist length hair once and had it cut to mid-shoulder blade. To me, my hair was still 'long'. To my then-boyfriend, I had it 'all cut off'. Okay, "bald" was his actual word, but still....subjective. An exaggeration, but still subjective.)

After the Sheriff's statement yesterday, members here claimed it seemed like LE was backtracking and trying to downplay/minimize SP's possible injuries, now the husband is listing that she was covered with bruises due to repeated beatings, burned, branded, hair had been cut off AND her nose was broken? The way KP describes these injuries doesn't seem to jive with the Sheriff's statement***. This case, man.

***ETA: Just to clarify, I'm referring to Bosenko's earlier statement from yesterday, not this latest one from GMA.

“Rumors, assumptions, lies, and hate have been both exhausting and disgusting,” his statement says. “Those people should be ashamed of their malicious, sub human behavior. We are not going to allow those people to take away our spirit, love, or rejoice in our girl found alive and home where she belongs. I understand people want the story, pictures, proof that this was not some sort of hoax, plan to gain money, or some fabricated race war. I do not see a purpose in addressing each preposterous lie.”

Papini said of his wife’s condition when she was found:
“Her now emaciated body of 87 pounds was covered in multi-colored bruises, severe burns, red rashes, and chain markings. Her signature long, blonde hair had been chopped off. She has been branded and I could feel the rise of her scabs under my fingers. She was thrown from a vehicle with a chain around her waist, attached to her wrists and a bag over her head. The same bag she used to flag someone down once she was able to free one of her hands. Sherri was taken from us for 22 days, and suffered incredibly through both intense physical agony and severe mental torture. My reaction was one of extreme happiness and overwhelming nausea as my eyes and hands scanned her body. I was filled with so much relief and revulsion at once. My Sherri suffered tremendously and all the visions swirling in your heads of her appearance, I assure you, are not as graphic and gruesome as the reality.”

I get it. This is his beloved wife, and it would be gut wrenching to see her experience doubted on the internet. Keith gave us very detailed descriptions of her injuries, and what she suffered. What is still missing is the motive. SCSO said detectives spent several hours with Sherri yesterday evening, and speak to her again today.

Informal Poll-After hearing the additional details today: Hoax or Real Abduction?

What a whirlwind. Garcia stated that in his 24 years on the job, he has never seen a case like Sherri's. I think that's why it has been so incredibly difficult to wrap our minds around it these many weeks. What we thought happened ... how we expected it to end ... the ultimate outcome ... the motives - you think you've seen and heard everything, and that nothing will surprise you. This case has changed me. It taught me that not everything is cut and dry, black and white, open and shut. That there are many shades of grey ... and sometimes what happens there is horrifying.

I'm sorry I didn't believe you, Sherri.

I get it. This is his beloved wife, and it would be gut wrenching to see her experience doubted on the internet. Keith gave us very detailed descriptions of her injuries, and what she suffered. What is still missing is the motive. SCSO said detectives spent several hours with Sherri yesterday evening, and speak to her again today.

Informal Poll-After hearing the additional details today: Hoax or Real Abduction?

Real abduction, but I've been real abduction from the start (though I didn't think she'd come home alive).

So much to discuss!

I have been waiting to post that with the husband's interview, I am of course backing off the hoax theory. He is stating she was bruised black & blue and had a broken nose. That is PAINFUL to read.

I don't understand the reference to the hair since a witness specifically mentioned her long hair, but with this interview, I am considering new theories that I had dismissed before, namely trafficking.

Time will tell. I'll go back and read the thread now.....just had to post since I anticipate shaming over holding on to the hoax theory. I don't apologize for skepticism, but I also am not stubborn enough to hold a theory that doesn't work. The goal is to arrive at the truth.

jmo

Regarding the witness who saw a woman with long blonde hair on the side of the road versus KP, who says SP's hair had been chopped, it could be that the witness added that detail—perhaps even unwittingly—to add credence to her sighting.

I don't say this to cast aspersions on her. I believe that she saw Sherri and that she called 911.

I just know from experience: I saw American Airline Flight 77 plow into the Pentagon on 9/11. I heard the airplane; I felt impact; I smelled the, well, smells. I saw the destruction. There was so much to see and hear and smell and feel and process.

Once I returned to work, a coworker asked, "Did you see it fly over the golf course at Fort Myer? Did it clip the trees?"

I hadn't, but, for some reason, I said yes.

I knew I had seen the attack. I knew I was there. I still felt the need to prove that I was. Saying that I had seen the airliner fly over the golf course and clip trees somehow convinced my subconscious that it bolstered my account. [emoji17]

The witness knew a woman with long blonde hair had been reported missing. She has no way to prove that it was SP she saw. People are questioning why she didn't stop, even though she explained that she didn't have time to stop in time safely.

I'd give her a pass and mark her noting long blonde hair as a 70-mph eyewitness account or a subconscious filling in of the blanks.[emoji53]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Some incredible developments this morning. Keith has released a statement with details on Sherri's condition.

"Her now emaciated body of 87 pounds was covered in multi colored bruises, severe burns, red rashes, and chain markings. Her signature long, blonde hair had been chopped off. She has been branded and I could feel the rise of her scabs under my fingers. She was thrown from a vehicle with a chain around her waist, attached to her wrists and a bag over her head."

The details have been confirmed by Sheriff Bosenko. Full details here:

Husband of Sherri Papini Speaks Out About His Family's Ordeal
Wow. So many things get discussed here and then show up in the news the next day. It's like the people of websleuths are writing a story and making it come true. It's creeping me out.

There was conversation about Sherri having no friends, the next day a friend gives an interview.

Talk about how Sherri will make it home for thanksgiving, she shows up thanksgiving morning!

I mentioned her weight being an issue, 100 pounds at abduction - find out she's malnourished at 87 pounds :(

There was talk of it being human trafficking, she's been branded.

Talk about how some couldn't believe they allowed her to keep her hair, turns out they chopped it off.

Talk of how she must have had a bag over her head - she did!

People saying the family would ask for privacy, and they do. (Not so uncommon, this one).

It's almost beyond belief.

Her experience is horrifying, I don't know how she'll ever be ok again. Hopefully the family will find some form of normal again.

I really, really hope LE gives some good details soon, or better yet makes some arrests. The people of Redding and surrounding areas must be terrified right now, hearing these details.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

After the Sheriff's statement yesterday, members here claimed it seemed like LE was backtracking and trying to downplay/minimize SP's possible injuries, now the husband is listing that she was covered with bruises due to repeated beatings, burned, branded, hair had been cut off AND her nose was broken? The way KP describes these injuries doesn't seem to jive with the Sheriff's statement. This case, man.

Just my opinion, but I think KP is aware of all the talk about it possibly being a hoax - a theory that may have 'gained more legs' by LE seemingly downplaying SP's injuries - and therefore is speaking out to sway the court of public opinion back in Sherri's favor. (boy, I'm full of cliches today. Must be hungry due to reading 'panini' above. )

Maybe her hair was cut off at the hospital due to tangles and knots?

IMO

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

There was some speculation that the woman may have simply been an attention seeker. There's a good chance she never even saw Sherri.

Have to admit, I was led astray by her description as well.

Has she done any on-camera interviews or sought attention in some other way? I dunno. I hate to dismiss this discrepancy because there's speculation she might be an attention-seeker.

Have we any more on the hospital having sent her home (?) what seems distressingly soon?

After the Sheriff's statement yesterday, members here claimed it seemed like LE was backtracking and trying to downplay/minimize SP's possible injuries, now the husband is listing that she was covered with bruises due to repeated beatings, burned, branded, hair had been cut off AND her nose was broken? The way KP describes these injuries doesn't seem to jive with the Sheriff's statement. This case, man.

Bosenko looks down and to the right when answering some questions. Round up a few video interviews and watch with and without sound. Just an observation, not sure it means anything. If you aren't looking for leaky signs, he has a great poker face.

i am curious if the reason the Sheriff is not giving much information out is because of KP going being their backs and offering a ransom?

It seems to me that the Sheriff could have released more information about Sherri's condition and has chosen not to (despite confirming that KP's description is correct).

So why would the Sheriff do that? I get the feeling there is a riff between the Panini's and local LE.

I believe HIPPA laws might have prevented him giving more details. Correct me if I am wrong, but I think the sheriff is not allowed to release specific medical information about Sherri's condition. He DID confirm what KP's statement described however and he gave no indication he did not believe her. In fact, just the opposite. I don't see a riff between Papini's and LE, I see a Sheriff who is overly careful with his words and it gave some people reason to pause. But, IMO he made it clear he believes this was an abduction and he said they may have more info to release later today.

I've been real abduction all along, but I typically am a "rose-colored-glasses" kind of person and always see the good side of people.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You would think, at the very least, that he would have described her injuries as 'serious.'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
birdistheword14