Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #10

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
There was some speculation that the woman may have simply been an attention seeker. There's a good chance she never even saw Sherri.

Have to admit, I was led astray by her description as well.

The woman was with her teenage daughter and pulled over to the next available place on the highway (so she would know where she was) and called 911. So LE would have a record of her call. I think she's telling the truth.

So, WAS it Sherri in the blue truck on Nov. 22 at the Travel Stop? I hope that LE followed up on the woman's report. Good descriptions. And right in Redding! JMO

Maybe her hair was cut off at the hospital due to tangles and knots?

IMO

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
Nope. That wouldn't happen. I've been an Emergency Nurse for 35+ years. If they had to suture scalp lacerations (nobody mentioned lacerations, btw), they might shave around that area, but they would not cut her hair.

You may discuss the recent MSM and interviews given by KP and the sheriff. Keep in mind that the sheriff stated in that GMA interview at around the 2:00 minutes mark http://abcnews.go.com/US/gma-exclusive-husband-sherri-papini-speaks-familys-ordeal/story?id=43840659

"We are familiar with that posting that is about 13 years old and our investigators are looking into that as well"

That confirms they are aware of the post but he does not confirm that it was made by the victim, and points out it was made 13 years ago .

The post itself is STILL not to be discussed here outside of the fact that the sheriff acknowledged he is aware of it and the internet chatter about it

I hope that clarifies

Thank you TL. Keith and SCSO spoke to GMA this morning. Can we discuss the points in both of the video's?
http://abcnews.go.com/US/gma-exclusive-husband-sherri-papini-speaks-familys-ordeal/story?id=43840659

This is my 1st post to thread, but I have followed from the beginning. The statement from KP states that SP was "branded", is this typical in sex traffic situations? or could this be a racially motivated response to the writings we can't discuss?

The sheriff confirmed they are aware of the blog writing from 2003. So we are not allowed to talk about it still?

nm, tlcya answered right before me.

So, WAS it Sherri in the blue truck on Nov. 22 at the Travel Stop? I hope that LE followed up on the woman's report. Good descriptions. And right in Redding! JMO

I have a feeling it was.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is my 1st post to thread, but I have followed from the beginning. The statement from KP states that SP was "branded", is this typical in sex traffic situations? or could this be a racially motivated response to the writings we can't discuss?

Branding is typical in sex trafficking. See article: https://www.psychologytoday.com/blo...201607/branding-tattoos-use-ink-violate-women

Question: Wouldn't the branding be a huge mistake for the kidnappers as it will lead LE right to them? Wouldn't this be specific to their "group"?

The woman was with her teenage daughter and pulled over to the next available place on the highway (so she would know where she was) and called 911. So LE would have a record of her call. I think she's telling the truth.
I think so as well. I'm not sure how accurately you can see someone you passed on the side of the road in the dark. After it was confirmed as Sherri, she probably got it in her head that she had seen long blonde hair. She got it right enough to stop and call it in. I bet her 911 call doesn't mention long blonde hair at all.

JMO

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

The thing that strikes me about this case (and others, for that matter) is this: many people seem to be more willing to believe the most outrageous theories (for which little or no evidence exists other than "I can imagine that...") -- and less willing to believe LE statements and factual evidence that, in other circumstances, they would not doubt. Kind of disheartening, if you ask me.

Official statements and media accounts have waffled, at best. I find THAT disheartening (though understandable to a degree on the part of LE). I think most people who've been entertaining questions really, really have a penchant for Truth. Critical thinking, if expressed politely, is an asset to these threads.

JMO, but I don't think it's a matter of being "unwilling" to believe LE (and I've read that expression about this case before), but some people have taken into consideration that LE is not always forthcoming--in the interests of the investigation. Personally, I have no problem with that, but then I also understand when readers here tear their hair out trying to figure out what actually happened. You give puzzle-solvers stubborn pieces that don't fit, and they're going to tussle with that puzzle like a bulldog.

(At least that would describe me...)

Wow. I think the Sheriff did that family a real disservice by not confirming that she was, in fact, badly battered.

I was always on the abducted side of the fence, but thought she'd be found deceased.

I still think she was targeted, and would love to know why. I think the family knows and the reverse ransom worked, but I'm not clear how.

I pray she heals emotionally, but it will be hard and long. As an assault victim, I can say it never goes away.

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

This post describes my sentiments exactly. I am so glad that she was found alive as I honestly figured she was abducted, assaulted and killed. I am happy for her and her family and I hope she heals quickly from this traumatic experience.
That being said, I also think she was targeted. My mind is going to some type of online "feud"/altercation/ongoing dispute with these people who abducted her or someone they know. The lack of social media for Sherri is odd. She has a Pinterest page but no Facebook, Twitter, etc? I think maybe she DID have other accounts online and something went down (something that went terribly wrong) so she deleted them, possibly in order to distance herself from whomever she was disagreeing with.

If SP is down to 87 pounds, covered with bruises and burns, why was she not hospitalized? Help me out here, folks!

They don't keep someone just because they have a broken nose and have been beaten up. Her injuries, while gruesome looking, were non-life threatening. A few pages back there is a post from an assault victim who described having injuries like this and and they treated her and sent her home. They probably gave Sherri fluids, treated any wounds, did all the tests they had to run (rape kit?) and if all her vital signs were stable they had NO reason to keep her in the hospital.

Nope. That wouldn't happen. I've been an Emergency Nurse for 35+ years. If they had to suture scalp lacerations (nobody mentioned lacerations, btw), they might shave around that area, but they would not cut her hair.
I was thinking because her hair was knotted not because of scalp lacerations.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Have we any more on the hospital having sent her home (?) what seems distressingly soon?

Just a few thoughts about that... it is possible that the hospital/doctors may have wanted to keep her, but if she REALLY wanted to go home, she could refuse treatment against medical advice.

From wikipedia: "Against Medical Advice, or AMA, sometimes known as DAMA, Discharge Against Medical Advice, is a term used in health care institutions when a patientleaves a hospital against the advice of their doctor.[SUP][1][/SUP][SUP][2][/SUP] While leaving before a medically specified endpoint may not promote the patient's health above their other values, there is widespread ethical and legal consensus that competent patients (or their authorized surrogates) are entitled to decline recommended treatment.[SUP][3]"
[/SUP]

And due to HIPAA laws, medical personnel cannot make a statement about her injuries or if she was discharged AMA.

We really only know what SP/KP have chosen to tell the public. Perhaps LE is able to access her medical records, but they'd need to keep it private.

If SP is down to 87 pounds, covered with bruises and burns, why was she not hospitalized? Help me out here, folks!
In a previous position, I did hospital Utilization Review (not fun). This involves screening and reviewing cases for appropriateness of admission, ongoing inpatient care, and discharge. There is a criteria set for every type of admission, and it is very difficult to get admitted these days.

The bottom line is - everybody is trying to save money. Insurance companies just don't want to have to pay for people to be in the hospital.

On the surface - weight loss, hematomas, and burns do not sound as if she met admission criteria. And I'll bet she preferred not to stay anyway.

The thing that strikes me about this case (and others, for that matter) is this: many people seem to be more willing to believe the most outrageous theories (for which little or no evidence exists other than "I can imagine that...") -- and less willing to believe LE statements and factual evidence that, in other circumstances, they would not doubt. Kind of disheartening, if you ask me.

Sumzero, I tweeted out the link to this post.

I don't even know what to say anymore about the people who are coming up with wild theories with ZERO evidence to support what they say.

It is disheartening.

I am so irritated about the way the sheriff minimized Sherri's injuries yesterday. It made me question her innocence. Now he admits that Keith's description of her injuries are correct. Still he didn't want to release that to the public. He clearly sounded like he believes she's been telling the truth. If I were KP I would've been livid. She's being victimized all over again because of the way LE has been so lax about everything. What Keith described is horrific.

I will say I believe the two women description may not be true. I'm leaning towards the idea that these were men who took her. They probably threatened to kill her kids, and threatened her into silence. What that woman reported on the 22nd may very well have been her IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wondered about the two women abductors, too, for the same reason you mentioned. If the truck stop sighting was indeed SP, the people she was with were described as being with a male wearing a beanie and appeared to be Latino, and a Caucasian male with reddish/brown hair and traveling in a pickup truck. Two Hispanic women in a dark SUV is pretty different.

I followed another case in which a teenager was held for months and upon her release (her captor let her go), described her abductor as something very different from his true appearance. It wasn't until later that she provided an accurate description to LE and told them that he threatened to kill her if she told the truth. He was arrested and pleaded guilty.

Very possible that SP or her family was threatened if she told the truth.

You may discuss the recent MSM and interviews given by KP and the sheriff. Keep in mind that the sheriff stated in that GMA interview at around the 2:00 minutes mark http://abcnews.go.com/US/gma-exclusive-husband-sherri-papini-speaks-familys-ordeal/story?id=43840659

"We are familiar with that posting that is about 13 years old and our investigators are looking into that as well"

That confirms they are aware of the post but he does not confirm that it was made by the victim, and points out it was made 13 years ago .

The post itself is STILL not to be discussed here outside of the fact that the sheriff acknowledged he is aware of it and the internet chatter about it

I hope that clarifies

Thank you TL, duly noted.

Official statements and media accounts have waffled, at best. I find THAT disheartening (though understandable to a degree on the part of LE). I think most people who've been entertaining questions really, really have a penchant for Truth. Critical thinking, if expressed politely, is an asset to these threads.

JMO, but I don't think it's a matter of being "unwilling" to believe LE (and I've read that expression about this case before), but some people have taken into consideration that LE is not always forthcoming--in the interests of the investigation. Personally, I have no problem with that, but then I also understand when readers here tear their hair out trying to figure out what actually happened. You give puzzle-solvers stubborn pieces that don't fit, and they're going to tussle with that puzzle like a bulldog.

(At least that would describe me...)

It describes me, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads