Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The way her husband explains her injuries certainly sounds like battering. I had more doubts this morning after reading the sheriffs description
I don't understand the poor reporting and information from LE
I get if they don't want to let any information out, but why not be more truthful (as in Beaten, etc ) about her injuries, because when i read that, it sounded to me like she was barely hurt at all

This sounds horrendous , Branded???? How awful

The thing that strikes me about this case (and others, for that matter) is this: many people seem to be more willing to believe the most outrageous theories (for which little or no evidence exists other than "I can imagine that...") -- and less willing to believe LE statements and factual evidence that, in other circumstances, they would not doubt. Kind of disheartening, if you ask me.

Hang on folks, this thread is gonna go superspeed now!

:rollercoaster::rollercoaster::rollercoaster:

That's why I worked my hiney off at work this morning while the thread was closed!!

The story, or lack of it, just seems so far-fetched. I feel like if it were me, I'd have spilling my story from the moment LE got to me. Seems like when they got to her, she wasn't in the mood to talk about it. I wouldn't talk about it with the media, but fgs, LE needs to hear what happened. What if another woman gets picked up today? We need facts!
My feeling is LE's reluctance to talk is because they are still trying to sort it out. Hopefully the story will be told.
MOO

Wow. I think the Sheriff did that family a real disservice by not confirming that she was, in fact, badly battered.

I was always on the abducted side of the fence, but thought she'd be found deceased.

I still think she was targeted, and would love to know why. I think the family knows and the reverse ransom worked, but I'm not clear how.

I pray she heals emotionally, but it will be hard and long. As an assault victim, I can say it never goes away.

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

If SP is down to 87 pounds, covered with bruises and burns, why was she not hospitalized? Help me out here, folks!

<snipped by elle*bee>

...just had to post since I anticipate shaming over holding on to the hoax theory. I don't apologize for skepticism, but I also am not stubborn enough to hold a theory that doesn't work. The goal is to arrive at the truth.

jmo

I've absolutely followed cases where I thought, "wow, I didn't see THAT coming!" as well as cases where my early impressions were accurate. I've even had a couple of cases where I was never able to get behind a single theory.

I believe St. Thomas Aquinas is attributed to saying (re matters of faith): "doubt leads to inquiry, and inquiry leads to truth." Nothing wrong IMO with a healthy dose of skepticism, especially combined with flexibility in thinking.

You would think, at the very least, that he would have described her injuries as 'serious.'

Maybe the husband is seeing them as more serious than LE did. Didn't they treat and release her from the hospital?

I believe HIPPA laws might have prevented him giving more details. Correct me if I am wrong, but I think the sheriff is not allowed to release specific medical information about Sherri's condition. He DID confirm what KP's statement described however and he gave no indication he did not believe her. In fact, just the opposite. I don't see a riff between Papini's and LE, I see a Sheriff who is overly careful with his words and it gave some people reason to pause. But, IMO he made it clear he believes this was an abduction and he said they may have more info to release later today.

I agree that he may not be at liberty to discuss her specific injuries, but it sure did seem like he was downplaying them yesterday.

Today, I was very surprised to read what the husband had to say. Totally surprised.

Completely surprised.

jmo

That's quite possible

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

. . . or collected by LE for evidence retrieval? Long, presumably unwashed hair can gather a lot of stuff.

The thing that strikes me about this case (and others, for that matter) is this: many people seem to be more willing to believe the most outrageous theories (for which little or no evidence exists other than "I can imagine that...") -- and less willing to believe LE statements and factual evidence that, in other circumstances, they would not doubt. Kind of disheartening, if you ask me.

Can you give some examples? I think it's appropriate to look at this, and other cases, with a discerning eye.

After the Sheriff's statement yesterday, members here claimed it seemed like LE was backtracking and trying to downplay/minimize SP's possible injuries, now the husband is listing that she was covered with bruises due to repeated beatings, burned, branded, hair had been cut off AND her nose was broken? The way KP describes these injuries doesn't seem to jive with the Sheriff's statement***. This case, man.

***ETA: Just to clarify, I'm referring to Bosenko's earlier statement from yesterday, not this latest one from GMA.

I got a very distinct feeling that the Sheriff was not ready to publicize SP's physical condition. JMO

More on the truck stop spotting prior to SP's release, by the other woman who called 911:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...lue-pick-truck-rest-stop-just-days-found.html

I read this also. Makes me believe that a ransom was paid and she promised to give out false information on the kidnappers. I never believed the husband was involved, but felt they knew of a possible motive the whole time. It seems they believed she was alive to make the ransom offer.

Very strange story.

Believing outrageous theories? Nothing has been more outrageous than this case. Most of us have never seen anything like it, heck, even seasoned investigators have been skeptical, saying it doesn't add up. I think we should be cut some slack. After all, we've cared enough to try.

This is my 1st post to thread, but I have followed from the beginning. The statement from KP states that SP was "branded", is this typical in sex traffic situations? or could this be a racially motivated response to the writings we can't discuss?

I am so irritated about the way the sheriff minimized Sherri's injuries yesterday. It made me question her innocence. Now he admits that Keith's description of her injuries are correct. Still he didn't want to release that to the public. He clearly sounded like he believes she's been telling the truth. If I were KP I would've been livid. She's being victimized all over again because of the way LE has been so lax about everything. What Keith described is horrific.

I will say I believe the two women description may not be true. I'm leaning towards the idea that these were men who took her. They probably threatened to kill her kids, and threatened her into silence. What that woman reported on the 22nd may very well have been her IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member