Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
We can only do what the patient allows. When an assault is suspected, we notify several entities. Our in house social workers, LE and if applicable, DCFS. Unfortunately, some patients will leave AMA (against medical advice) when they think LE has been notified. In the end, we can't strap someone down and force them to be photographed and have injuries measured. We try hard to reason with them to stay though. :)

Thanks for posting. I have a friend who is an ER RN and she said pretty much what you stated. It's been a few years since we discussed this in depth, but I recall her telling me that, yes, they notify LE, assuming LE has not already been notified. In SP's case, it seems at least one LE entity knew prior to her transport to the ER.

My RN friend however said there was limited info she could provide LE without the patient's authorization. Name, age, general info about the nature of injuries - that sort of thing. Patient authorization didn't need to be writing, though. Verbal was fine, but had to be documented in the file before the ER staff could discuss specifics. I don't know if that was hospital policy or HIPAA. Not sure whether it's changed in recent years.

She handled a lot of SA and DV cases over the years and received special training in those. Not saying it was required, but I think it, plus her compassion, made her extra good at her job.

Yes, they do. Serial killers do this all the time. The SK I interviewed did that to his victims. It's to demonstrate power, control, to dehumanize, degrade and humiliate. It signifies deep rage.

Exactly! There definitely seemed to be a degrading, controlling power trip thing going on. Sounds like someone out for revenge or a psychopathic rapist.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

One huge motive for such brutal violence toward SP (and to release her alive and traumatized) would be to make a family member suffer. If someone, somewhere feels one of them wronged them somehow, what better way to pay him/them back than to do this to someone they loved dearly?

I do think with all the search warrants and the massive electronic footprint we all leave every single day, this awful case will have some developments soon.

moo

This case makes little sense with the information that has been released to the public so far. Two women do not kidnap a middle aged woman, hold her captive for 3 weeks, make no demands, then release her (or allow her to escape in chains). It's insane.

And why kidnap her for money? I believe I read somewhere that she wasn't working, and her husband works at the Home Depot They must be living paycheck to paycheck.

Women do not typically kidnap random women to humiliate, torture, and later release. Sorry. Makes no sense.

I'm not saying she is lying. Just that we still don't have a lot of information about what is really going on here.

Not sure why I'm even still posting because it doesn't appear that many posts are actually being read by others, but here goes.

Without going back to listen. IIRC, the CHP officer said Sherri had a 1/4 inch chain on her and hose clamps on her wrists. Hose clamps wasn't easy to understand. A different LE later states on the audio that she is chained to something. My guess is that he also didn't clearly hear hose clamps or wasn't sure that's was an accurate description. It's a pretty odd thing to use.

JMO

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

Don't be discouraged. This thread moves very fast and if anyone is as slow as I at writing, editing and re-editing (so as not to anger the Mighty Mods - who do a great job, IMO), four pages will pass by the time I complete a single thought.

Someone earlier - was it Steelman? - suggested that the chain could've been around her waist and her hands attached to waist chain with hose clamps. Similar to how some prisoners are chained for transport to/from court. Obviously prisoners have cuffs. Hose clamps is an odd choice. Not the most efficient but effective nonetheless. Her being chained to 'something' could be her own waist.

Just a thought but, who would even think to use such a restraint except someone in LE, or someone who's been in one before? I mean..... it's not like it'd be most people's first idea on how to restrain someone.

Is there a prison nearby where she was abducted?

Exactly! There definitely seemed to be a degrading, controlling power trip thing going on. Sounds like someone out for revenge or a psychopathic rapist.

Was she raped? I haven't seen this anywhere

Mods:
There is a new picture of Sherri that has surfaced... It is said that she posted that also on the site where her "debated" blog entry occured. Are we allowed to post it? I am asking with all sincerity, as it would seem only fair, the article is being discussed in detail, but it would seem that the.only post allowed are in support of the blog post not being created by Ms. Pappini. In the interest of "full disclosure", I think this is needed... JMO...

The kidnapping and torture of students in Rochester last year was a case of mistaken identity. I think it was intended as payback for a drug-related robbery.

It was payback but the kids assaulted were mistaken for the wrong person (the drug dealers who actually robbed the perps)

This case makes little sense with the information that has been released to the public so far. Two women do not kidnap a middle aged woman, hold her captive for 3 weeks, make no demands, then release her (or allow her to escape in chains). It's insane.

And why kidnap her for money? I believe I read somewhere that she wasn't working, and her husband works at the Home Depot. They must be living paycheck to paycheck.

Women do not typically kidnap random women to humiliate, torture, and later release. Sorry. Makes no sense.

I'm not saying she is lying. Just that we still don't have a lot of information about what is really going on here.

He works at Best Buy.

I do not respond a lot on WS but have been a member since Ivy Merck went missing (friend of my family) and do read a lot on here. I just want to say I know this case is really confusing and confounding but I am a little sad by how little sympathy this beautiful lady is getting on here. I will have to say when she was first found, I thought of Quinn Gray (Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida) However, have changed my thinking. No matter what happened, she is a victim of something. <modsnip> I watched Ashleigh Banfield last night and she almost sounded angry that the sheriff would not give more information and more specifics. Several times said something like "many people helped searched for her and now feel like they have a right to know." Well, they don't have a right. Yes, we are all curious but have no right to know. Stepping off my soap box. I wish Sherri and her family well.

And why kidnap her for money? I believe I read somewhere that she wasn't working, <modsnip>. They must be living paycheck to paycheck.

Unrelated to the case but kinda shocked anyone would call 34 "middle aged"?

I don't think we can assume paycheck to paycheck. Jobs held are only a small part of an overall financial picture.

Maybe, someone can help me with something. SP's husband said in his statement that his wife's hair had been chopped off, but the motorist who she flagged down said she saw a woman with long, blonde hair waiving something, believed to be a shirt, to wave her down. Have either comments been confirmed?

What we need to do here is go back and dig up abductions that were carried out by two women, on a single woman, and the motive behind it. Obviously these would be people who were caught and convicted,

Sometime over the last 30-40 years this was bound to have happened before. I'd be willing to bet that the motives between one of those abductions and this one mirror each other. It may have been a local, barely known about crime at the time, but I'll bet this has happened before and probably for the same reason.

I've been studying homicides for over 20 years. There are plenty of male and female couples who were perpetrators. Plenty of men, even teen boys or younger, working in teams of two or more. Grown men teaming up with younger boys or girls in order to hunt for victims. Plenty of cases of girls and women teaming up to murder a rival. But I can't recall a single case where two women abducted a woman. If it did happen, I would bet the motivation was a man / love / jealousy.

(rsbm) Two women do not kidnap a middle aged woman, hold her captive for 3 weeks, make no demands, then release her (or allow her to escape in chains).

34 isn't exactly "middle aged" :wink: but I get it...this has been a bizarre case from the start.

Then there was the case a few weeks ago, where a closer-to-middle-aged woman was abducted, ransom demand made, ransom paid with LE's approval, and yet the poor woman was found dead on the side of the road. A female acquaintance was arrested. So strange, too, in a completely different way.

Okay, my current list of theories:

Abduction, personal (someone she knew from her past)
Abduction, personal (someone from present with intent to hurt her family or get something from them)
Abduction, random (sex traffic and *advertiser censored* distribution)
Abduction, random (for personal sex reasons)

If personal, I don't think the intent would be to kill.

If random, I think perhaps the publicity scared the perp???

IDK. I really am back at square one.

As for the female perps, it could be SP is giving false information out of fear. Or, the female perps are working with a group in a ring.

I can't even believe I'm writing this list. It's horrible!

jmopinon, at the moment, subject to change - again?

Maybe, someone can help me with something. SP's husband said in his statement that his wife's hair had been chopped off, but the motorist who she flagged down said she saw a woman with long, blonde hair waiving something, believed to be a shirt, to wave her down. Have either comments been confirmed?

The sheriff actually did confirm KP's statement. So, this means the lady who saw her on the side of the road was somehow mistaken about long blonde hair.

Hi, first post on this abduction.
Anyone think that Sherri had a stalker, someone completely obsessed with making her theirs?
Not sure how the 2 women kidnappers fit into this though (jealously obsession) but the branding and hair chopping could be signs. Seems a long time for hair to grow back, if your long hair is something you're known for and love.
I had a strange, obsessive ex once, who paid for me to have a tattoo at the beginning, took me ages to get rid of him after he turned out to be a nutter, he always said though, that I'd never forget him as he had 'branded' me with that tattoo. I know this is nothing like Sherri went through but it made me think.

Also, why didn't the sheriff know that she had been "thrown from the vehicle" re KP statement, only that she had been dropped off/released?
This is from the sheriff talking today.

Very interesting theory. A stalker is a possibility.

Again, in all these trafficking stories, it is teens or prostitutes or both who are the victims. As someone said, a 30 year old middle class woman would make a poor target. Too much trouble, too hard to control and sell, and too much heat. The typical victim doesn't have anyone who is trying to find them or has the resources to do so or even cares.

And you can beat a woman like Sherri all you want but once she is actually being sold for sex to various men in motel rooms, she would be extremely hard to control in comparison with the typical victim.

I would be shocked if trafficking was the motive here. Abduction for sexual assault purposes is the common reason and the logical one. The two women are definitely the wild card though.

I think LE often creates an atmosphere where the public has empathy for the victim's family, or suspects the victim families. Case in point, Jessica Lunsford's father. He was treated with real respect, and LE protected him and created an atmosphere in the media that he was innocent. Which he was.

In this case, this sheriff has all but said this is fishy, to the point of making misleading and dismissive statements about her injuries.

I agree. He distinctly categorized her injuries with a sprained ankle as opposed to a broken bone. But her nose was broken and she was covered in raised scars, burns, chain marks, rashes, her body littered with too many bruises to count, in various stages of healing, had her hair chopped off and had been branded. I'm sorry, but that's much closer to a broken bone protruding than to a sprained damn ankle. It was so casually dismissive of her serious condition that some who had been steadfast in believing in Sherri began to have their first doubts.

He needs some help with public speaking.

Was she raped? I haven't seen this anywhere

It hasn;t been reported but I;m thinking the probability is 99%.

It's also possible she was kidnapped by men, or a group and these were just the people getting rid of her.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eluluwho