Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
“I was familiar with those details,” Bosenko told the program. “We had not released them yet to the public.”

But when pressed later in the day, Bosenko said he’d only confirmed that the details were in Keith Papini’s letter, not their veracity.

“I will remain with the same information I put out previously that she was located, taken to a local hospital, treated for non-life-threatening injuries and released,” Bosenko said.

Bosenko wouldn’t comment specifically on Sherri Papini’s injuries.

“We may be providing further information at a future date,” Bosenko said.
http://www.redding.com/news/local/Keith-Papini-on-GMA--403578496.html

“I was familiar with those details,” Bosenko told the program. “We had not released them yet to the public.”

But when pressed later in the day, Bosenko said he’d only confirmed that the details were in Keith Papini’s letter, not their veracity.

“I will remain with the same information I put out previously that she was located, taken to a local hospital, treated for non-life-threatening injuries and released,” Bosenko said.

Bosenko wouldn’t comment specifically on Sherri Papini’s injuries.

“We may be providing further information at a future date,” Bosenko said.
http://www.redding.com/news/local/Keith-Papini-on-GMA--403578496.html+&cd=3&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us

This link is broken :(

Wikipedia has some short notes on the practice of human branding that could probably fuel further research. Apparently it's used as either a form of initiation (unlikely here) or more typically as a form of either a> punishment or b> enslavement. Either of the latter seem a possibility here. Unfortunately, they're very large and open possibilities. Punishment to whom, specifically, and for what?

From this article - the back and forth is maddening: http://www.redding.com/news/local/Keith-Papini-on-GMA--403578496.html

"But when pressed later in the day, Bosenko said he’d only confirmed that the details were in Keith Papini’s letter, not their veracity.

“I will remain with the same information I put out previously that she was located, taken to a local hospital, treated for non-life-threatening injuries and released,” Bosenko said."

spanishinquisition your link goes to an error 404 message.

Today a requested web page could not be located and is presumed lost. A witness at the scene stated "We're not sure what happened. It was either an outdated link or bad typing."
Authorities advised returning to the Homepage or conducting a new search

Do you have another?

and i'm leaning against sex trafficking. why? because she was released. and in her husband's uber-descriptive press release, he doesn't say she was raped. also, they were on their way to a city (sacramento), a city being the prime locale for pimping out a pretty country blonde. he/she/they "dropped her off/dumped her/pushed her out of a car/released her" en route.

in most cases (at least the ones I've seen) that's first and foremost. she was left alive, coherent (albeit abused), and rape would be a crime beyond kidnapping. the ultimate assault, taking murder off the table of course...

I can't fix the above link for the original poster, but when I click it I then click the sidebar and go to the tab for "news" and it's the second story down.

Sorry on Tapatalk and can't copy the links- but it was easy to find.

EDIT- link appears to be working now LOL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

From this article - the back and forth is maddening: http://www.redding.com/news/local/Keith-Papini-on-GMA--403578496.html

"But when pressed later in the day, Bosenko said he’d only confirmed that the details were in Keith Papini’s letter, not their veracity.

“I will remain with the same information I put out previously that she was located, taken to a local hospital, treated for non-life-threatening injuries and released,” Bosenko said."

My eyes are beginning to cross. :(

I expect after the much longer interview with Sherri , plus any DNA on her clothing , LE has a much better picture of things.
They have revealed very little information to date so i have no expectations that they will be forthcoming now
And for the record, my earlier opinions were based on more than Le statements or lack there of
It has been a weird combination of so many weird things presented in weird ways

I agree and hope LE got much more information they needed from their followup interviews.

This case is really bizarre and I think that is what strikes me the most about it.

Why is this case so bizarre?

We have had abductions
We have had murders
We have had ransoms
We have had beatings

But this case is really bizarre and I cannot think of one quite this crazy with all the strange circumstances.

I dont think it would be so confusing if we had seen LE statements from yesterday more closely match what we are now hearing today. I hope LE is able to provide another update at some point.

Better yet I hope they make an arrest in this case. Thats really what the case needs.

I'm not understanding completely. So is he saying he was made aware of the contents of the letter prior to it being reported?

Why would he leave the veracity in question?

"Veracity" meaning truthfulness. Huh- don't know what to think.

EDIT- this is in reference to the above link and statement.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wikipedia has some short notes on the practice of human branding that could probably fuel further research. Apparently it's used as either a form of initiation (unlikely here) or more typically as a form of either a> punishment or b> enslavement. Either of the latter seem a possibility here. Unfortunately, they're very large and open possibilities. Punishment to whom, specifically, and for what?

I think it might have just been another form of torture so not so much an actual brand but a hot piece of metal to burn her skin. I think an actual tattoo of some sort would give away their identity. JMO of course.

Originally Posted by creepcrusher Is there a prison nearby where she was abducted?
Vacaville isn't far away. About 30 miles. Two prisons:
California Medical Facility
California State Prison, Solano
Because I'm somewhat familiar with Woodland and Vacaville (both my brother and a nephew have lived in both), my head went to Vaca first... but I completely forgot about the obvious in Sac:
Folsom

Sorry - in response to Aeronomy (tried to quote you but going back and forth between WS and tapatalk)

I'm not sure about the sheriff being made aware of the letter prior to it being read- I interpreted it as he is confirming the contents of KP's letter, but that he himself is not confirming the authenticity of the specific details contained in them.
Maybe that's for legal reasons? The letter was pretty specific.

I just thought of another motive that would almost explain this entire ordeal.

Two women involved.
Stranger on stranger crime.
Occurred in broad daylight.
Lots of publicity surrounding it.
LE scrambling to figure it out.
Victim mistreated and abused, but not killed.
Abductors able to prove their brutality and stamina.

Gang initiation.

Yes I was thinking that this is turning up to be the most likely.........if anything is likely in this case.

attachment.php

I can't be the only one who needs this right now

:rollercoaster:

Attachments

• dramamine.jpg
    dramamine.jpg
    5 KB · Views: 982
Because I'm somewhat familiar with Woodland and Vacaville (both my brother and a nephew have lived in both), my head went to Vaca first... but I completely forgot about the obvious in Sac:
Folsom

Vacaville isn't far away. About 30 miles. Two prisons:
California Medical Facility
California State Prison, Solano

Yes, but just for accuracy, those are all in the large vicinity of where she was found (Yolo), not where she was abducted (Redding, which is about 150 mi. north of there).

I'm not sure about being made aware prior - I interpreted it as he is confirming the contents of KP's letter, but that he himself is not confirming the specific details contained in them.
Maybe that's for legal reasons? The letter was pretty specific.

I thought that too, which would have been an excellent time to say there's no reason to disbelieve what Keith wrote - just as he did with Sherri. He did say they hadn't released those details to the public which suggests he's agreeing with the veracity, but...nevermind, my hands are cold.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aholloway14744