Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
For all we know the abductors could've been a couple of amateurs trying to copy another story that was recently in the news. It's possible they wanted their own personal sex slave. Sherri was a fighter so she got beat up in the process. Maybe they were trying to break her spirit, brain wash her, make her feel like she was nothing. Maybe when the reverse ransom turned into 100K and her face was all over the place, they got scared. Does someone else know about who had her? What if someone called CG and gave him information and he negotiated her release. LE isn't giving him credit, but others close to the family are. I think there are secrets the family has, that LE may never know about this case. Hopefully her abductors will be arrested. I just feel like they're purposely not giving LE the right description. I could be wrong though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is there a prison nearby where she was abducted?

Vacaville isn't far away. About 30 miles. Two prisons:
California Medical Facility
California State Prison, Solano

Not sure why I'm even still posting because it doesn't appear that many posts are actually being read by others, but here goes.

Without going back to listen. IIRC, the CHP officer said Sherri had a 1/4 inch chain on her and hose clamps on her wrists. Hose clamps wasn't easy to understand. A different LE later states on the audio that she is chained to something. My guess is that he also didn't clearly hear hose clamps or wasn't sure that's was an accurate description. It's a pretty odd thing to use.

JMO

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

I'm listening to you! Your posts are always so spot on, we agree most of the time. Keep posting! I feel like I'm speeding in my Roadster trying to keep up here! Zooom ........ :) ♥

@ prahasauras, totally agree and great post. no answers, from the rabbit at least.

@vlpate, I've been asking this question in my head since she was found. to all the RN's and medical/legal professionals, how common is a rape kit in a situation such as this. even if the victim insists she wasn't, how does this all work out?

In answer to your question, I've only seen her head referred to as "shaved" once, and I'm pretty sure it was the WS poster's own personal choice of words. I don't believe it was described as such by any LE statement, or official quote. The only official reference to her hair length being different is her husband saying it was chopped off.
If I am wrong on this, please correct me.

RSBM - I saw the shaved head referenced in this article http://time.com/4584837/sherri-papini-conditions-release/. However, they got their information from KP's statement to GMA this morning, so I don't put any faith in their report that her head was shaved.

It was payback but the kids assaulted were mistaken for the wrong person (the drug dealers who actually robbed the perps)

That's why I said mistaken identity. Their intent was payback for a drug-related robbery but they tortured the wrong people.

I was just adding a reason someone might kidnap, torture, and release a person. That's the one case I can think of off the top of my head even though the torturers got the wrong victims.

Thanks for posting. I have a friend who is an ER RN and she said pretty much what you stated. It's been a few years since we discussed this in depth, but I recall her telling me that, yes, they notify LE, assuming LE has not already been notified. In SP's case, it seems at least one LE entity knew prior to her transport to the ER.

My RN friend however said there was limited info she could provide LE without the patient's authorization. Name, age, general info about the nature of injuries - that sort of thing. Patient authorization didn't need to be writing, though. Verbal was fine, but had to be documented in the file before the ER staff could discuss specifics. I don't know if that was hospital policy or HIPAA. Not sure whether it's changed in recent years.

She handled a lot of SA and DV cases over the years and received special training in those. Not saying it was required, but I think it, plus her compassion, made her extra good at her job.

We do have a written consent form for release of information. To be honest, the patients that stay usually give all the verbal information to LE anyway. We just supply physical information.

That's why I said mistaken identity. Their intent was payback for a drug-related robbery but they tortured the wrong people.

I was just adding a reason someone might kidnap, torture, and release a person. That's the one case I can think of off the top of my head even though they torturers got the wrong victims.

Sorry... brain fart.. totally didn't see the mistaken part :)

Was she raped? I haven't seen this anywhere

It hasn't been discussed. We don't know if she was sexually assaulted. We may never know. I think those details being released to the public are up to Sherri. The Sheriff replied that "he wasn't going to comment on that."

I just thought of another motive that would almost explain this entire ordeal.

Two women involved.
Stranger on stranger crime.
Occurred in broad daylight.
Lots of publicity surrounding it.
LE scrambling to figure it out.
Victim mistreated and abused, but not killed.
Abductors able to prove their brutality and stamina.

Gang initiation.

Two women involved.

Gang initiation.
When my son saw this in the news he said gang initiation right off. IIRC it's been mentioned here up thread.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

It hasn't been discussed. We don't know if she was sexually assaulted. We may never know. I think those details being released to the public are up to Sherri. The Sheriff replied that "he wasn't going to comment on that."

I am wondering because it would at least explain motive

Two women involved.

Gang initiation.

How common is gang initiation and is this usually the form it takes? I thought it was more about drive by shootings and killing rival gang members.

@ prahasauras, totally agree and great post. no answers, from the rabbit at least.

@vlpate, I've been asking this question in my head since she was found. to all the RN's and medical/legal professionals, how common is a rape kit in a situation such as this. even if the victim insists she wasn't, how does this all work out?

Not an RN, but I can't imagine a rape kit being forced unless she claimed to have been raped...they would then have to test for DNA....just my opinion....I don't know

I don't think it had anything to do with a 13 yr old post under her maiden name.

I am leaning toward sex trafficking. Sherri was pretty, petite with long blonde hair , I think they thought her younger than she really is making her a desirable candidate for making money off of versus a worn out hooker or drug addict. I feel the branding was done by her captors and all the other physical injuries were a either result of her fighting back or her captors receiving a extra amount money to allow some sicko customer(s) to physically beat and/or torture her.

I am not sure she was meant to be let go alive. Her captors may have decided there was too much publicity out there on her and feared the reward offered might get them turned in by one of their own customers. Plus with her condition they may also have feared she would die from her injuries and therefore of no use to them for making money If as reported it was only one female who released her it could be that that person took pity on her and dumped her alive on the road instead of being following orders to take her out and get rid of her entirely.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aholloway14744