Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I never said that is a priority. I still don't think it hurts the investigation or future prosecution of the miscreants who did this, JMO
That's because you don't know the rest of the details LE knows. I'm curious too, but I'm not going to say it's important for them to tell the public. We have no idea what's going on in the investigation.

Having finally caught up...my heart goes out to Sherri for the horrendous ordeal she has been through. She was literally tortured. Imagine being in this house of horrors for three weeks, terrified about what would be done to you next, or if the next thing was being killed and never seeing your husband, children and family again. Imagine the intense mental anguish and torment along with the physical.

Imagine what her husband has been through all this time. Not knowing if he'd see Sherri alive again. Hearing the cruel speculations. Doing whatever he could to rescue her. Joy that she's alive! I know my husband would fall apart seeing me with injuries like that...imagine the grief, pity, sorrow for Sherri and the rage at those who put his wife through this. Knowing that she will never be the same woman she was before she was abducted. Fear of the future. Is she still in danger? What about their children?

A wise man once defined empathy as "feeling your pain in my heart." May our sleuthing, suspicions and understandable desire for answers never callous our hearts so that we cannot feel the pain of victims and even LE. Let us keep our hearts soft and open to those who are in pain, offering comfort, not criticism, while we wait for information. We each have a choice. This is mine. :heartbeat:
JMO

I have honestly never wept for a victim on WS the way I do for her. I cannot explain why and I'm not even going to try. I just wanted to thank you for this.

I know we can't discuss content, and I won't. But people have been so skeptical of every detail of this case, yet no one has questioned the ex's explanation?

I don't know if she wrote it or not and I don't want to debate it. I just want to know why he is so believable? His explanation and the timing of the blog post doesn't work that well, but thats just my opinion, and unless we find out from LE that it is connected to motive, it really doesn't matter.

Going to bed now. I was looking for an emoji with eyes crossed but I am emoji illiterate.

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

I question dependence on the ex's statement, too. (I question everything.) :)

what are the chances of this being a sex trafficking case, with the victim being "released" and the only description of her condition being told by her husband with ZERO sexual assault accusations and the lead LE officer stating "don't disbelieve" and was "aware of the details"

??? c'mon. what am I missing? help me obi wan websleuthobi's.

Not to get too far OT but that's a cool thing about tattoos - they can mean nothing or they can mean everything.

I guess what I should have said it means nothing in relation to "branding." My barcode numbers are actually the ERR numerical calculation. But I'm a nutritionist. I have seen many barcode tattoos based on tons of other "real life" codes.

Do you happen to have links for this?

Post #477 I wondered, too. The church mentioned, to me, is a church in Redding....the way the statement is phrased......the church near where she was dumped was 150 mi away from Redding and just videoed and grounds checked, I think. JMO

It's a business, without the demand, there would be no need for a supply. The traffickers should be subject to the same punishment they inflict on their victims. But I hold the buyers of these acts equally responsible, they are the ones fueling this business. And they come from all walks of life, many unsuspecting from the exterior, returning to their day jobs after essentially raping these women (and men).

I'm not saying this is what happened to Sherri, because I'm all over the place with my opinion, but wanted to speak to trafficking.

Traffickers get requests from their clients for all kinds of different scenarios (fantasies) if you will. Sadly, we know there are some real sickos out there desiring very bad things. Think sadism and deviant urges. Traffickers provide this.

It's very ugly.

Well, the biggest issue with that is that her husband was not there. He has only what she chose to tell him and what ever obvious scars she carries. She would not be the first sexual assault victim to keep that to herself, especially so if thats were made against her family.

That said, sexual assault is pure speculation, and my first guess would lean towards a drug or gang component.

I think if I was KP I would have said Sherri people are saying it was a hoax can I call news media when you are released from the hospital. Let them see you in the wheel chair getting into our car. Imo -Everyone would see her bandage nose and that would stop all this nonsense.

But can you imagine what people would say about that---" Can't believe the husband called the media and staged her being in a wheelchair, and slapped a bandaid on her nose...'

That's because you don't know the rest of the details LE knows. I'm curious too, but I'm not going to say it's important for them to tell the public. We have no idea what's going on in the investigation.

I believe that the Sheriff could have prevented Keith from writing his letter to GMA by doing just what you said, not letting any details out. Instead he compared Sherri's injuries to having a sprained ankle. That was a totally false comparison to reality and he should have never used it. JMO

Hello, This is my first post although I have been following this story from thread 1.
I live locally and wanted to add there is a correctional facility in Susanville, about 100 miles east of Redding.
From a local residents point of view I just wanted to say that while I start by believing SP, as that is what I would want for myself , I am having a lot of trouble as a local resident.
It was reported that SP called the mayor (refer to thread 9 #6 407p) on November 25. I wonder why if SP could get it together enough to call the mayor on the 25th then why not talk to the Sheriff so the rest of us are safer? She says she did not recognize voices, these were strangers so did they drive you 5 minutes or 5 hours on the first day? It would have helped LE cast a net so to speak.
I happened to be at the market around 11a on Thanksgiving, they were just taking down the missing signs, initial word was she jumped out of the car and was tied up. As the information unfolds, Sheriff Bosenko sounds like he has changed his tone a little to me. In his 1st press conference he said it was "individual" for a victim to be let go, the next day I believe he acknowledged on GMA that it was "very unusual". He is still saying he believes SP, maybe he does or maybe he wants to keep the conversation moving forward. KRCR reported that detectives from the Sheriff 's office interviewed SP for hours yesterday, reviewed the information last night and now want to interview her again. My last point would be in my opinion, there is obvious disconnect between the Papini family and the Sheriff's office as KP made his statement to GMA without the Sheriff knowing (until one hour before) and by disclosing details the Sheriff did not want disclosed like the branding. Our local station KRCR reported the brand is a message but that is all they said. It just does not feel like there is a real threat out there based on local media warnings and such. It feels very strange.

Everything that LE releases doesn't have to help find the suspects. It could help the public to understand these wasn't a hoax.

I'm sure that Sherri was on board with Keith letter. It helped in letting the public know that this wasn't a hoax.

If LE has reason to believe anything Keith revealed is pointing the public in the wrong direction they can certainly let us know. JMO

Well, we were discussing why LE sometimes withholds information from the public. And, you asked me a follow-up question which I answered.

As to what level of investigatory trade-off LE should accept in order to alleviate hoax suspicions in this case, what Sherri Papini and her husband surely agreed-to behind closed doors, and what LE could certainly let us know (without jeopardizing the investigation)..... I'm not privy to the inside information necessary to make those calls.

But, I do understand the calls you've made in those regards; fair enough.

I have a barcode tattoo. It literally means nothing...just like most "tribal" tattoos.

Oh. I must admit that I'm not into nor do I understand tattoos. But thanks for bringing me up to date on the "barcode" aka as "tribal tattoos". Setting that aside, you're saying this is a tribal thing? This tattoo of Sherri, a victim? In that case, what does that say about these "tribal tattoos"? I.E., are there good and bad tribes ? Just a sincere request for information. Who knows, it could lead to something. TIA

Welcome, counterintuitive! Please stick around - it's great to have local perspective!

Oh. I must admit that I'm not into nor do I understand tattoos. But thanks for bringing me up to date on the "barcode" aka as "tribal tattoos". Setting that aside, you're saying this is a tribal thing? This tattoo of Sherri, a victim? In that case, what does that say about these "tribal tattoos"? I.E., are there good and bad tribes ? Just a sincere request for information. Who knows, it could lead to something. TIA

You have taken this out of context and off topic. Please google trendy tribal and barcode tattoos and you will find your answers.

I do believe the abduction and injuries inflicted on SP were personal. Whatever "message" was intended for Sherri or those close to her must make her entire family feel unsafe. If I were in their shoes I would be terrified that there would be retribution if anyone involved with this is arrested.

When people are arrested, they can bail out and perhaps plea to a lesser charge, serve a short sentence and be right back in the community. I've been through this when we were victims of a burglary in a rural area. The burglars hated us for getting them arrested and mocked us and cursed at us any time they saw us in town. It's terrifying and there is nothing you can do about it. Fortunately, they weren't violent, but they could have been, as angry as they were.

So while it's satisfying to get "justice" in an abstract sense (and get your stuff back as we did), and perhaps prevent future crimes, it's a double-edged sword in terms of personal safety. If KP and SP are feeling a little ambivalent about getting these creeps arrested (I'm not saying they are), I would understand the position they're in...between a rock and a hard place. And it might explain any public disconnect between them and LE...cooperate privately but appear not to be working in sync with LE publicly. The perps are watching.

All just theory, not even opinion, and probably wrong, but I just wanted to throw it out there because it's a possible explanation for the sheriff saying he was blindsided by KP's statement.

I think Keith and Sherri were warning the public with the statement that was released today.

Tribal tattoos are just designs. If you've seen the ads for the new Disney movie kind of like that, or like what you'd associate with Native Americans (though not quite Seahawks logo level). There are not good tribes or bad tribes - just a design, usually all black and geometrical or swirly.

What tattoo of Sherri are you talking about?

Counterintuitive! Welcome and THANKS! Please stick around. JMO

I will be somewhat shocked if it is ever confirmed that the woman at the rest stop was Sherri Papini. Whoever kidnapped her managed to keep her hidden for three weeks. The idea that they left her alone in a vehicle in plain sight beggars belief. Not only did they leave her unattended, it was for a long enough period that Ms. Everson (?) was able to ask a whole slew of questions. Perhaps it was a Russian woman who had no idea why the crazy American lady was bugging her.

As for Cameron Gamble, I was told that we can't "sleuth" him and post the links here, but I urge anyone who wonders about his credibility to do a little Googling. I find his self-insertion into this case disturbing and lacking legitimacy.

Hello, This is my first post although I have been following this story from thread 1.
I live locally and wanted to add there is a correctional facility in Susanville, about 100 miles east of Redding.
From a local residents point of view I just wanted to say that while I start by believing SP, as that is what I would want for myself , I am having a lot of trouble as a local resident.
It was reported that SP called the mayor (refer to thread 9 #6 407p) on November 25. I wonder why if SP could get it together enough to call the mayor on the 25th then why not talk to the Sheriff so the rest of us are safer? She says she did not recognize voices, these were strangers so did they drive you 5 minutes or 5 hours on the first day? It would have helped LE cast a net so to speak.
I happened to be at the market around 11a on Thanksgiving, they were just taking down the missing signs, initial word was she jumped out of the car and was tied up. As the information unfolds, Sheriff Bosenko sounds like he has changed his tone a little to me. In his 1st press conference he said it was "individual" for a victim to be let go, the next day I believe he acknowledged on GMA that it was "very unusual". He is still saying he believes SP, maybe he does or maybe he wants to keep the conversation moving forward. KRCR reported that detectives from the Sheriff 's office interviewed SP for hours yesterday, reviewed the information last night and now want to interview her again. My last point would be in my opinion, there is obvious disconnect between the Papini family and the Sheriff's office as KP made his statement to GMA without the Sheriff knowing (until one hour before) and by disclosing details the Sheriff did not want disclosed like the branding. Our local station KRCR reported the brand is a message but that is all they said. It just does not feel like there is a real threat out there based on local media warnings and such. It feels very strange.

All of this...yes, yes, yes!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members