Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Bluesneakers, you know people who have barcode tattoos ? If it's not sex trafficking, then what is it ? I just can't imagine... other than something like the Antichrist. :scared: Can you shed some light on that for me ? TIA

I have a barcode tattoo. It literally means nothing...just like most "tribal" tattoos.

It could be that she signed herself out, and was released AMA-against medical advice.

Or she could have agreed to check in with the hospital the next morning before leaving town. She could also have assured them that she'd see her own doctor soon after returning home.

Lol...the antichrist. :D I've seen them on pinterest ... some people just like how they look, I guess.

I wouldn't get one, but I think it looks cool. It can be symbolic of anything. For me, I can see the symbolism as it being a statement of the government keeping tabs on you and how you're nothing more than a number to them. I think there was also a popular movie out some time back where all people had the barcode tattoo. That could be a reason some people like them. The movie had to do with the future and clones or something like that.

UGH. agree with you, fairy and ranch...

if LE, and/or KP outright said "SP was abducted via surveillance at 2pm on Nov. 2nd and seen by interstate video at 4:30am on thanksgiving day with obvious trauma...we have ER confirmation of severity of injury, as we track license plate #'s per tips and witness accounts"...well, then, I wouldn't be posting. i'd be reading. and waiting.

IMO others are creating a scenario that just doesn't add up. not enough details and a whole lot of speculative bullcrap.

For 3 weeks? What gang members or prospective gang members want to hold a woman hostage for 3 weeks?

That's why I keep going back to traffickers. They routinely hold women hostages or at least use force and coercion to keep them hidden away, and move them around, in secrecy, and often brutally.

Bluesneakers, you know people who have barcode tattoos ? If it's not sex trafficking, then what is it ? I just can't imagine... other than something like the Antichrist. :scared: Can you shed some light on that for me ? TIA

I think mostly because they look cool and you can use whatever numbers you want (like specific dates or letters) with them. But it also makes a statement about we're all part of the system and we all have a price. In the weirdest way it's anti-materialistic, but sometimes it's just arty and original (for now).

I don't think they can be scanned! And I've never seen one of those... I'm so uncool I don't know the word. The code things you scan with your phone.

I would never get one but I could see myself getting an ISBN tattoo. :)

eta: QR code! I looked it up.

Everything that LE releases doesn't have to help find the suspects. It could help the public to understand these wasn't a hoax.

I'm sure that Sherri was on board with Keith letter. It helped in letting the public know that this wasn't a hoax.

If LE has reason to believe anything Keith revealed is pointing the public in the wrong direction they can certainly let us know. JMO
The public and our thoughts and opinions on this, most certainly are not the priority here. Hoax, or no hoax, the priority is to figure out what happened, why, prosecution, etc.

I do believe the abduction and injuries inflicted on SP were personal. Whatever "message" was intended for Sherri or those close to her must make her entire family feel unsafe. If I were in their shoes I would be terrified that there would be retribution if anyone involved with this is arrested.

When people are arrested, they can bail out and perhaps plea to a lesser charge, serve a short sentence and be right back in the community. I've been through this when we were victims of a burglary in a rural area. The burglars hated us for getting them arrested and mocked us and cursed at us any time they saw us in town. It's terrifying and there is nothing you can do about it. Fortunately, they weren't violent, but they could have been, as angry as they were.

So while it's satisfying to get "justice" in an abstract sense (and get your stuff back as we did), and perhaps prevent future crimes, it's a double-edged sword in terms of personal safety. If KP and SP are feeling a little ambivalent about getting these creeps arrested (I'm not saying they are), I would understand the position they're in...between a rock and a hard place. And it might explain any public disconnect between them and LE...cooperate privately but appear not to be working in sync with LE publicly. The perps are watching.

All just theory, not even opinion, and probably wrong, but I just wanted to throw it out there because it's a possible explanation for the sheriff saying he was blindsided by KP's statement.

When I first read that 13-year-old entry, I (and some others) thought it sounded fictional. So, I'm not surprised to hear the explanation for it from the ex-husband. It just didn't ring true to me.
The exhusband said it was fictional? So many posts, hard to keep up.

Sent from my 2PS64 using Tapatalk

That's why I keep going back to traffickers. They routinely hold women hostages or at least use force and coercion to keep them hidden away, and move them around, in secrecy, and often brutally.
Eh, I don't think this is traffickers either. I think it's personal.

Once again apologizing in advance if this has already been discussed, but:

SP's ex said that the racist blog was not written by Sherri. He said it was "a prank by someone at high school, she never found out who did it."

But the blog was published in 2003. Sherri would have been 21 then, and out of high school for several years.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...licious-prank-isn-t-racist.html#ixzz4RShc3sAn

When I first read that 13-year-old entry, I (and some others) thought it sounded fictional. So, I'm not surprised to hear the explanation for it from the ex-husband. It just didn't ring true to me.

I know we can't discuss content, and I won't. But people have been so skeptical of every detail of this case, yet no one has questioned the ex's explanation?

I don't know if she wrote it or not and I don't want to debate it. I just want to know why he is so believable? His explanation and the timing of the blog post doesn't work that well, but thats just my opinion, and unless we find out from LE that it is connected to motive, it really doesn't matter.

Going to bed now. I was looking for an emoji with eyes crossed but I am emoji illiterate.

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

Really? What purpose is served by divulging her injuries? Why would they feel the need to disclose these details when the investigation is ongoing and the perps are still on the loose?

BECAUSE it adds credence to the fact that she was treated really brutally. The sheriff indicated that her injuries were minor, she was treated and released before 2 p.m. that day.

Keith is trying to say her injuries were significant. The public has turned on them, in a horrible way, and he's just defending his wife and saying her injuries weren't minor, as described by the sheriff.

Again, the article was just to show the connection between gangs and trafficking. But here's one better from another missing person in Redding, this past June, trafficking and gang related crimes. The victims are not identified, so I can't make a comparison only that at least one of the victims is also an adult female. But that's just it, rarely do you have a victim that escapes so soon and is able to return to her family. IMO, most victims would not want it plastered in the media. FWIW, I continue to present the trafficking theory because I am open-minded to a number of possibilities and cannot rule out any ONE scenario as easily as some. I also think it's a very relevant topic in Redding.

On June 23rd, 2016, at approximately 3:00 P.M., a Sacramento Police Department SWAT team served a search warrant at 5201 73rd Street Apartment B, in west Sacramento. The warrant was authored by Redding Police Department Investigators reference a human trafficking investigation which began two days earlier in Redding. During execution of the warrant, 20 year old Stevie Lee Boston, of Sacramento, was arrested on an outstanding warrant Redding Police Investigators obtained on June 22nd, 2016. The warrant charged Boston with false imprisonment, criminal threats, pimping, human trafficking, forced oral copulation, and domestic violence. Boston was also determined to be a wanted parolee.

The human trafficking investigation started on June 21st, 2016 at approximately 8:43 P.M., when Redding Police Officers responded to Hinkle’s Market at 1084 Market Street in Redding, regarding a female victim who escaped from a nearby apartment. Officers contacted the adult female victim and found she had been reported as a missing person on June 20th, 2016, in the Redding area. Prior to being reported as missing, friends of the victim noticed concerning changes in behavior, which caused them to fear for the victim’s safety.

The victim told officers she had been held against her will, assaulted both physically and sexually, and trafficked for sex trade purposes from Sacramento to Stockton, ultimately ending up back in Redding. The victim identified her captor as Stevie Lee Boston, whom she described as a pimp. The victim also advised there was a second female she only knew by first name, who was suffering the same treatment still in the apartment with Boston. Officers learned Boston was reportedly in possession of a handgun and had threatened to “shoot it out” with police if confronted.

Extensive investigation and interviews resulted in the issuance of an arrest warrant for Stevie Lee Boston. Boston, who was already a wanted parolee at the time these crimes were committed, was determined to have an extensive criminal history including convictions for gang related crimes and firearms possession. Investigators received information Boston may have returned to the Sacramento area and began coordinating apprehension efforts with the Sacramento Police Department.

http://reddingpolice.org/human-trafficking-arrest/

Per the OP'S link, NONE of those women fit Sherri's demagraphic criteria...

The public and our thoughts and opinions on this, most certainly are not the priority here. Hoax, or no hoax, the priority is to figure out what happened, why, prosecution, etc.

I never said that is a priority. I still don't think it hurts the investigation or future prosecution of the miscreants who did this, JMO

KP seems like a good man whose emotions may sometimes get the best of him. This is the second time they have not been on the same page (first time was with the ransom). I would just hate it if the perps were never caught due to the compromise and conflicts of interest, or if they are caught but a mistrial occurs because of conflicting actions.

One reason I originally thought SP was abducted (and would be found alive) by someone she (and close family) knew (of) was because at the end of KP's very first statement he referred to whoever took his wife as "nothing but low-lifes".

The first thought that entered my head was that he knew who did this.

Now, I'm sure we all agree that whoever took her are exactly that...low-lifes, but I just found it an odd choice of words at a time when in most instances the victim's family usually asks/pleads/begs for a safe return of the victim without "offending" the perpetrators.

I guess what I'm trying to say is..........The nasty words are usually reserved for after the victim is (hopefully safely) located, not while he/she is still missing.

Then again, everyone deals with the situation in their own way.

Eh, I don't think this is traffickers either. I think it's personal.

Especially if they left a message. I still can't get my head around that but it's gotta be personal. I doubt it says "traffickers were here." I imagine it's much more specific.

JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members