Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, no need to apologize! I just wanted to point out a bar code tattoo might have other (and likely personal) meanings. I know people who have them on their necks like that, and I've seen them on wrists or the inside of forearms too. In other words - a tattoo like that doesn't necessarily mean someone is a sex trafficking victim.

I didn't mean I doubted what you were saying. I believe victims can be marked in many ways.

Bluesneakers, you know people who have barcode tattoos ? If it's not sex trafficking, then what is it ? I just can't imagine... other than something like the Antichrist. :scared: Can you shed some light on that for me ? TIA

Yeah, I agree that ruling out false confessions and verifying true confessions are the main two reasons for keeping some key details from the public at large.

The couple of other reasons that quickly came to mind: (1) LE doesn't believe a detail would help the public recognize potential suspects and the victim does not wish to have that detail made public, (2) LE suspects that a detail was an intentional attempt by the perp to point attention in the wrong direction.
Or it's a detail that they can link to someone, a group or another case.

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

Well, the example I used was pretty clumsy and obvious. There are more subtleties to an investigation and interrogation than my example.

It's not just a confession that LE is concerned about, but gathering information. It's easier to build a case that isn't entirely known to the public, but I'm not equipped to explain it properly.

This case is burning my communication skills. Not joking!

jmopinon

That's okay. I'm sure that in most investigations LE would like to keep everything to themselves. I understand that. In fact I wished that the Sheriff had done just that. Keith may not have written his letter to GMA.

Or it's a detail that they can link to someone, a group or another case.

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

Yes, or if a detail is a piece of evidence or information that the perps can get rid of now that the perp knows the cops know about it....that's not a good thing.

Fingers crossed that LE has some good leads to follow.

jmo

Honestly, I don't see what the big deal is with what KP said. He didn't say what she was branded with, what she was beaten with(if hit with an object), or any other pertinent detail that would single handedly verify a perp, at least to me.

To what are you referring? If you are responding to a specific post, click on "Reply With Quote."

Canaancat was replying to a post from AceDetective. I can't find it now so maybe it got edited.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Some posts discussing the blog have been removed.

From the Sheriff, we have his word they are investigating a bizarre blog (not attributing any authorship to anyone).

From the ex, we have his word the blog was not written by SP.

The ultimate word on that blog will be up to LE, so until such time as the Sheriff or a LEO spokesperson verifies one way or another, you may discuss only what is said in MSM by the Sheriff or the ex-husband. You may not discuss the blog itself.

Honestly, I don't see what the big deal is with what KP said. He didn't say what she was branded with, what she was beaten with(if hit with an object), or any other pertinent detail that would single handedly verify a perp, at least to me.

I'm sure there's plenty of evidence that LE can use to verify any confession. I'm not too concerned about Keith's letter causing a problem down the road. JMO

Granted, this is a good point. I will still say that I find it odd he didn't simply confirm what Keith said now that the cat is out of the bag. All it is doing is fanning the flames and even the media are clearly pushing LE for more info/clarification.

When the Sheriff is "blindsided" by your statement and says that he only learned of it an hour before he was set to go on GMA, and that there were details they were NOT going to release...I don't think that's good. KP could have really compromised this investigation and it certainly implies that there isn't good communication between LE and family in my opinion.

http://www.krcrtv.com/news/local/shasta/sheriffs-office-surprised-and-disappointed-by-keith-papini-statement/191592075

What if KP was asked not release this information and he did anyway. To me this would be a reason LE would be blindsided.
IMO there is a very good reason they did not want this info released. We have seen this since the morning g she was found they really wouldn't go into any detail about her injuries.
I can understand the frustration KP may have but he has his wife home safe nothing else is really important any longer.
Let LE do what they do and find these women
Jmo

Bluesneakers, you know people who have barcode tattoos ? If it's not sex trafficking, then what is it ? I just can't imagine... other than something like the Antichrist. :scared: Can you shed some light on that for me ? TIA

Lol...the antichrist. :D I've seen them on pinterest ... some people just like how they look, I guess.

Also, this case reminds me a lot of the Holly Bobo case in the sense that there was so much confusion in initial reports and speculations on every word from media, family and LE. Unfortunately Holly was found deceased, and hopefully we will see justice in the upcoming months when the accused face trials.

Holy cow. Sounds like her past might have caught up with her. This changes my opinion on everything. She probably was abducted and roughed up by somebody she knew.

Sent from my 2PS64 using Tapatalk
When I first read that 13-year-old entry, I (and some others) thought it sounded fictional. So, I'm not surprised to hear the explanation for it from the ex-husband. It just didn't ring true to me.

Just re-reading Keith's GMA statement ... I find it really irresponsible of the hospital to have released her in that condition. Yes, bruises and gashes can be treated quite quickly and someone sent on their way ... but surely with her malnourishment being what he has said, they should've put her on an IV and kept her under observation for at least 24 hours? And then there are the psychological effects - this poor woman must have been absolutely traumatised; sending her home (or away) from medical care just sounds wrong :notgood:.

Unless - and maybe this was the case? I certainly hope so - she was released into the care of a medical team somewhere out of the public eye, somewhere far, far away and in the best surroundings possible.

It could be that she signed herself out, and was released AMA-against medical advice.

I went through 11 pages without commenting....!
Somebody beat and tortured this woman. Why?
1. Personal. Somebody hated her OR her husband. Wanted to prove a point.

2. Stalker-released her because the media attention was too much

3. Abducted for trafficking. She was a beautiful, tiny, fit woman, who probably looked much younger when casually jogging down the street. Not all women who are trafficked are down and out 20 year old serial runaways. We just had a case here in SF where a 30 year old woman was literally scooped up off the street after her shift at a downtown hotel, only to be found emaciated and strung out in a home known for these antics.

As for the husband...there are men that would very much explain her condition in the manner he did. My husband being one. He loves and protects every part of her being.

The conflicting hair statements between her husband and the witness... SP's hair was waist length. I think of "chopped" as a malicious cutting. Cutting one big chunk with a dull knife or a pair of those old black handled scissors. I don't think of it making hair necessarily short...just jagged.

One of my best friends lives in Redding. Right now, they respect the Papinis privacy, but also want to know if they should be afraid. LE should at least reassure the city one way or the other.

Thanks to all for your insight and opinions! :rose:

Also, this case reminds me a lot of the Holly Bobo case in the sense that there was so much confusion in initial reports and speculations on every word from media, family and LE. Unfortunately Holly was found deceased, and hopefully we will see justice in the upcoming months when the accused face trials.

Same here. What to outside observers looked like holes or discrepancies was largely the result of having access to little reliable information. Instead of causing people to exercise some humility and restraint, it did just the opposite.

*Newbie alert. Hello everyone.

Prancy, you may be recognizing the word "Shasta" because of the kidnapping of little Shasta Groene?

This case I driving me nuts, and I honestly want to say things that I know aren't allowed here. I value and respect WS and the Mods so I will be sitting here in AZ on my hands as another poster suggested earlier. I just have to say though that I have faith in LE and I am trusting that they have and will continue to work towards bringing justice in this case.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members