Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #11

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
She may have been too afraid to try? It made me think of Elizabeth Smart. She had been taken out in public by her captors, and could have broken away and identifies herself and asked for help. But I think she was too afraid and brainwashed to risk it. Same with Patty Hearst

Unless they are still holding back info, which they may be, a big difference is that Elizabeth Smart was a child AND repeatedly raped, so was Patty. I am not saying SP trauma is any LESS, but if she was not raped..that's a good thing.

Also, who's to say that just recently perhaps, someone found a certain blog, got incensed about it, and decided to teach her a lesson? Just because the alleged blog was old, doesn't mean that someone NEW hadn't recently read it. At least then, there is perhaps a motive. Plain and simple payback for what they may have perceived after reading it?

Unless they are still holding back info, which they may be, a big difference is that Elizabeth Smart was a child AND repeatedly raped, so was Patty. I am not saying SP trauma is any LESS, but if she was not raped..that's a good thing.

Also, who's to say that just recently perhaps, someone found a certain blog, got incensed about it, and decided to teach her a lesson? Just because the alleged blog was old, doesn't mean that someone NEW hadn't recently read it. At least then, there is perhaps a motive. Plain and simple payback for what they may have perceived after reading it?

I don't think we are allowed to mention the blog :)

But that would mean that someone was sleuthing her for some reason before she was kidnapped, and they would have had to dig a little to find that. Who and why would someone be doing that?

Who and Why are the questions no matter the scenario I guess!

Also wanted to add about the branding..I think some people think it is actually written words containing a "message." My interpretation of what the sheriff said was that it could possibly be initials, a slogan, a NOT KNOWN symbol (even tho he said it wasn't a symbol) it could be a pattern of how it was burned...idk...just throwing it out

I still say this is a hate crime aimed at this family. I feel there are many things not being said here.
All jmo

Also wanted to add about the branding..I think some people think it is actually written words containing a "message." My interpretation of what the sheriff said was that it could possibly be initials, a slogan, a NOT KNOWN symbol (even tho he said it wasn't a symbol) it could be a pattern of how it was burned...idk...just throwing it out

I think it could be just about anything and we might never know.

Maybe the branding was a number or initials, reading that some of the gangs mentioned earlier have favorite numbers like 13 or 14 and use their initials in their tattoos.

What is this phenomenon called? TY!

I don't know for sure... it could be any number or combination of memory biases.

I just found this Snopes article discussing The Mandela Effect (the phenomenon of collective groups misremembering the same information from history) in reference to The Berenstain Bears books. It just blew my mind because I would have BET MY LIFE the books featured the BerenSTEIN Bears and not the BerenSTAIN Bears.

http://www.snopes.com/2016/07/24/the-mandela-effect/

I am legitimately dumbfounded right now.

Now that I've learned that sex trafficking is a problem in Redding, it's worrisome to see quite a few missing teenage girls from Redding.

Most are listed as runaways, often from children's homes, which puts them at high risk of being trafficked. Plus even SP was listed as voluntary missing at first until her family kicked up a fuss about it. These girls have no family looking out for them. They have no publicity and no one seems to be looking for them.

http://reddingpolice.org/missing-persons/

I've been thinking of what you could "write or draw" on someone that would be a message to her and others but not be a symbol.

How about

shh!

Yes, that's precisely what I was thinking... "Hush" or "Shh".

LE continues to maintain their belief in SPs story:

Sheriff: No reason to doubt Sherri Papini’s abduction story

REDDING Investigators say they have no reason to doubt Sherri Papini’s story that she was abducted by two women who held her captive and badly abused her for three weeks.

“All the information that we have right now we have no reason to believe that she is making this up,” said Shasta County Sheriff Tom Bosenko in an interview Wednesday with The Sacramento Bee.

Bosenko said detectives have a clearer picture of events after conducting two lengthy interviews Monday and Tuesday with the 34-year-old Mountain Gate woman who disappeared while on a jog on Nov. 2.

Bosenko said Papini did not know the two women, and it's not yet clear why they took her.

Bosenko said it’s still not clear if Papini wrote the post, but he said the fights the author described weren’t noted in any sheriff’s office records.

I'm 38 and read the Berenstein Bears. I still have my books I need to go find them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks! I'm a jogging blonde (close to where Vanessa Marcotte was found, not Redding) Thinking about jogging with brass knuckles from now on......

They make a ring that is actually a taser, recommend these highly as it's not likely to be used against you and you don't have to fumble to try and use it!

If these cops had any brains at all, they would hypnotize this woman and start getting detailed information from her.

Everything she heard, felt, saw, and smelled is imprinted on her brain. Go in there and get it.

I learned in the Laci Peterson case that testimony gained through a hypnotized witness is not admissible in court; and further, the witness even when not hypnotized cannot testify if they have previously been hypnotized and questioned about the case. So let's hope they don't do that!

Fastest moving thread ever. I need the CliffsNotes version or someone needs to step in and do my job so I can read. Thanks to all of you for staying on top of this! That's all. [emoji4]

So..
So far we we know from LE reports that Sherri has said that there were two abductors, Hispanic females
We are still uncertain that the men in the truck at a gas station had anything to do with this at all

So at this time, two confirmed abductors

Due to the upcoming PC I fear I will no longer be able to type these words, so here goes one last time...

I'm finally caught up! :crazy:

Due to the upcoming PC I fear I will no longer be able to type these words, so here goes one last time...

I'm finally caught up! :crazy:

Hahaha! I fear the same. I have a Dr's appointment. We'll probably be 2 threads ahead by the time I get back! :giggle:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hell Yeah