Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know for sure... it could be any number or combination of memory biases.

I just found this Snopes article discussing The Mandela Effect (the phenomenon of collective groups misremembering the same information from history) in reference to The Berenstain Bears books. It just blew my mind because I would have BET MY LIFE the books featured the BerenSTEIN Bears and not the BerenSTAIN Bears.

http://www.snopes.com/2016/07/24/the-mandela-effect/

I am legitimately dumbfounded right now.

Well, that's just because Berenstein sounds like a name. Almost no one knows that Wedgwood China is spelled with only one E. Almost no one, but if you have a piece, turn it over, there's only one E. Also, Sherbet only has one R. Tons of people think it's sherbert.

I doubt it was her at the truck stop because the woman who reported it did not mention her looking emaciated.

We have absolutely NO confirmation or even suggestion that SP was sexually assaulted. She may have been, but we do not know that. JMO

So is this going to turn out to be a case of just insanely mean women? Just two insane women, who are cruel and heartless to the bone?

I'm looking forward to seeing their sketches - because I will bet they have bizarrely plucked and shaped eyebrows, and fierce eyeliner. Sisters in law.

I don't know for sure... it could be any number or combination of memory biases.

I just found this Snopes article discussing The Mandela Effect (the phenomenon of collective groups misremembering the same information from history) in reference to The Berenstain Bears books. It just blew my mind because I would have BET MY LIFE the books featured the BerenSTEIN Bears and not the BerenSTAIN Bears.

Me too! Thank you! This is fascinating! I definitely thought it was BerenSTEIN bears too! Wierd!

Research suggests that confabulation occurs along a continuum of implausibility, bizarreness, content, conviction, preoccupation, and distress, and impact on daily life.[60]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Confabulation#Mandela_effect

KristenSchmisten (did I spell that correctly - did not mean to confabulate) also used the phrase "brain fart" and that too accurately describes my confabulations.

Shall blame it on the bizarreness of this case... :pullhair:

I am trying to catch up but the thread is moving so fast! I'm new to this and you all are on top on things. Thank you for posting everything. I just need to read about 30 pages now.

They make a ring that is actually a taser, recommend these highly as it's not likely to be used against you and you don't have to fumble to try and use it!

Awesome!!! Looking into that now. Thanks!

Thank you for clarifying that! Blonde hair as yet another possible motive was just about driving me over the edge of sanity!

I've actually seen people on SM speculating that SP was kidnapped just so the women could steal her hair.... To sell to a wigmaker, I guess! Don't quite seen why they would hold for for 3 weeks for that. People are getting a bit hysterical, imo.

I am still stuck on the hair detail. Her ear buds were found placed with her phone, not dropped or thrown, and the ear buds had enough of her hair with them that her husband commented on it. I think that was the first of the messages.

What the message meant.... I don't know. Jmo

Are you saying the kidnappers paid the ransom? I'm confused ...

No only a theory that one of two things may have happene to lead to her release: 1) an anonymous person paid a ransom to get her returned OR 2) there was too much heat/publicity on this woman's disappearance and her face was too well known so they began to realize that they would never be able to use this woman in the sex industry, they got scared and released her.

I don't think we are allowed to mention the blog :)

But that would mean that someone was sleuthing her for some reason before she was kidnapped, and they would have had to dig a little to find that. Who and why would someone be doing that?

Who and Why are the questions no matter the scenario I guess!

This is where she grew up. Ppl know her here. Her family is here . I think this story is known to many all it would take is someone to get sight of her...who would a thunk it would come to this horrible crime.
And I do think this is the root of all this.
Sadly.
All jmo

My daughter was just learning about the Mandela effect in school.

It's interesting how when you learn something new, you suddenly start seeing it pop up in different places. I'll bet there's a name for that phenomena too....lol.

Unless they are still holding back info, which they may be, a big difference is that Elizabeth Smart was a child AND repeatedly raped, so was Patty. I am not saying SP trauma is any LESS, but if she was not raped..that's a good thing.

Also, who's to say that just recently perhaps, someone found a certain blog, got incensed about it, and decided to teach her a lesson? Just because the alleged blog was old, doesn't mean that someone NEW hadn't recently read it. At least then, there is perhaps a motive. Plain and simple payback for what they may have perceived after reading it?

I've thought that too.

There was a murder in the Bay Area back in 2008 (not covered here) where a guy hired a hit man to kill the boyfriend of the girl he wanted. The hitman left a picture behind of the victim (so he could identify the victim) and they were able to trace the picture online and then back to who had accessed it in the months before the hit. I'm sure not many accessed that particular story on the skinhead site before the abduction, so maybe they could try that.

http://webcache.googleusercontent.c...View.aspx?DID=1267+&cd=10&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us

On the day of the homicide, while canvassing the crime scene area, officers located evidence that appeared to be associated with the Achilli homicide. Along a stretch of about two blocks from the scene, in bushes and storm drains, crime scene officers found the following: a black baseball cap, long sleeved black shirt, gun cleaning rag, crumpled printed directions to 18400 Overlook Rd from the City of Duarte, California, a crumpled photograph of Achilli, one .380 caliber magazine, and miscellaneous .380 caliber ammunition. The following day, a second search of the area was conducted with a metal detector and a Lorcin .380 caliber handgun was located in the ivy near the area of the shooting. It was later determined through forensic examination that the gun located near the crime scene was the gun that was used to shoot and kill Achilli and some of the clothing items were matched with DNA to suspect Lucio Estrada.

Detectives obtained a search warrant for the Internet provider (IP) addresses from the downloaded photograph search of Achilli, through the Metro-Active website, Metroactive.com. On January 22, 2008, a computer with an IP address of 75.36.203.103, visited the Metro-Active website that had Achilli’s photograph. The IP address was registered to subscriber in San Jose, CA. Detectives interviewed the occupant there, Daniel Chaidez.

My daughter was just learning about the Mandela effect in school.

It's interesting how when you learn something new, you suddenly start seeing it pop up in different places. I'll bet there's a name for that phenomena too....lol.

Baader-Meinhoff phenomenon. ;D

They make a ring that is actually a taser, recommend these highly as it's not likely to be used against you and you don't have to fumble to try and use it!

They should make a ring that is actually a lightsabre. Now that would be cool. JMO.

Did I hear the sheriff say, "Is it a symbol?" SMH And now the phone, he says "it did somewhat appear to be that it was placed there purposely". Could the abductors have told SP to drop the phone and she set it down carefully to avoid being broken? Or was she taken from somewhere else? Just when I think the pieces start to fall into place, the cat runs across my puzzle.

New vid.
http://www.today.com/video/abducted-mom-sherri-papini-s-husband-she-has-been-branded-820762179981

"Looking at similarities with several other cases across country, discussing the branding, and how SP's iPhone appeared when found (placed on the grass, earbuds loosely coiled and placed on the screen)" - I'm paraphrasing sans coffee; forgive me

Did I hear the sheriff say, "Is it a symbol?" SMH And now the phone, he says "it did somewhat appear to be that it was placed there purposely". Could the abductors have told SP to drop the phone and she set it down carefully to avoid being broken? Or was she taken from somewhere else? Just when I think the pieces start to fall into place, the cat runs across my puzzle.

He said it wasn't a "symbol". He said it was a "message". Not sure what he means by that.

Baader-Meinhoff phenomenon. ;D

Okay, I'm trying to figure out if I should google that or if you're pulling my leg! LOL.

I'll take a leap of faith and google it.

Sorry to the thread for my OT posts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members