Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just a random trail of thought....

What if the woman who let SP go was previously under control of another group, or the other female. Maybe due to Thanksgiving they had to get SP out of the house and sent just one person to dispose of her, or move her to another location. What if that women disobeyed her commands, drove as far as she could before daylight, dropped SP off to be found, and somehow fled herself?

Not necessarily my opinion, just going down different avenues.....

I'm leaning more towards known abductor than random. But that doesn't mean the two women weren't random to SP, working for a known party.

If these cops had any brains at all, they would hypnotize this woman and start getting detailed information from her.

Everything she heard, felt, saw, and smelled is imprinted on her brain. Go in there and get it.

Waterboarding might work too.

I'm kidding, sort of. The cops can't compel her to undergo hypnosis, so it would have to be her choice. Asking SP to close her eyes and put all of her trust in a stranger...I really doubt she is ready for that.

I'm wondering where the branding is? On her face perhaps?

Also If that report/sighting at the truck stop is accurate - does anyone really think the abductors would have left SP alone outside? Would she not try to escape then?

She may have been too afraid to try? It made me think of Elizabeth Smart. She had been taken out in public by her captors, and could have broken away and identifies herself and asked for help. But I think she was too afraid and brainwashed to risk it. Same with Patty Hearst

JMHO I think she was released alive because the specific purpose of the abduction/kidnapping was accomplished.
Agreed, 100%.

I think a warning by local sheriff's for people who look similar to SP to not be out jogging alone, etc. would indicate that SP being chosen was because she was easy to get ... they knew her routine. I think it would suggest a hate crime specific to pretty blonds. That would be pretty scary.

I wonder what the "message" was on her skin.

If the ranson was paid , wouldn't someone know exactly where she was to be found?
Wouldn't she be retrieved by someone she knew or someone who was working with CG or family?
Would a ransom be paid if the people paying it did not know if and where she would be dropped off?

If there truly is a presser today, we may learn something about the abduction. When is this purported presser supposed to happen? JMO

Sorry if I've missed it but where did the sheriff say "people who look similar to SP" should not be out alone? Was that on GMA today? Just curious! [Or maybe you just meant this hypothetically, GigTu]

Agreed, 100%.

I think a warning by local sheriff's for people who look similar to SP to not be out jogging alone, etc. would indicate that SP being chosen was because she was easy to get ... they knew her routine. I think it would suggest a hate crime specific to pretty blonds. That would be pretty scary.

I wonder what the "message" was on her skin.

Any WSleuthers in the Redding town or area?

Jumping off the post from a lovely poster upstream who talked about food and baking cookies, it would be a nice gesture for Wsleuthers in the Redding area to join together and create a 'care package' of sorts for the family.

Maybe several meals like casseroles, lasagnas (things that could be frozen), goodies, soups, some care/pampering products and a card signed by all. This could be coordinated through their church so a trusted church member could deliver the actual care package to the family's home.

I'm across the country or I would volunteer or at least cook/bake something.

I read that SP was interviewed extensively yesterday by police. Where are the additional details like sketches of the kidnappers? Do we really just have "2 latino women in a SUV" to go on when 3 weeks were spent with them?

One of the news shows yesterday said they may be releasing a sketch today

On Good Morning America, the sheriff said of the branding, "I would think that that was some sort of either an exertion of power and control and or maybe some type of message that the brand contained. It is not a symbol, but it was a message."

http://www.today.com/video/abducted-mom-sherri-papini-s-husband-she-has-been-branded-820762179981

In this NBC interview this morning (link above), the sheriff says of the branding, "Maybe a method of torture. It could mean a way of control or exerting control over a person. Is it a symbol, or could it be some type of message either to the person, the victim, or to others."

Agreed, 100%.

I think the warning by local sheriff's for people who look similar to SP to not be out jogging alone, etc. indicates that SP being chosen was because she was easy to get ... they knew her routine. I think the LE remark suggests a hate crime specific to pretty blonds. That's pretty scary.

I wonder what the "message" was on her skin. I'm sure that's what lead LE to have such a concern about pretty blonds being profiled.

I missed the part where the police issued a warning to jogging blondes! Interesting. I can't imagine what the motive would be to keep someone for a few weeks and release them. I would think it would be likely a sexual motivation even though nothing has been mentioned to confirm that. Just gathering from her petite girl-next-door look, if someone were looking for a certain kind of girl (girl-next-door look is one I am guessing not many prostitutes have - this is just my assumption) During KB&CC I visited some dark corners of the web, I had no idea what some people actively look for. I really wish I didn't know now! Maybe the two women were tasked with finding someone for their clients specific needs. I hope not because it adds a horrific additional layer of abuse I hope she didn't suffer :(

I guess when we find out about the message, that will shine some light in one direction or another. Anyone know when that presser might be yet?

How does one person throw a person out of a car? Did the driver stop/slow the vehicle and then push her out?

http://people.com/crime/sheriff-rev...mom-found-after-early-november-disappearance/

According to Bosenko, Papini told police her captors were two adult Hispanic women, armed with a handgun, and driving a dark colored SUV. But, says Bosenko, Papini said only one of the women released her.

snip

He added that when he reunited with Papini, she weighed only 87 lbs. and her long, blonde hair had been chopped off. He wrote Sherri had been thrown from a vehicle with a chain around her waist – which was also attached to her wrists – and a bag over her head.

No warning from LE has been issued for jogging blondes. The OP was opining.

Thanks! I'm a jogging blonde (close to where Vanessa Marcotte was found, not Redding) Thinking about jogging with brass knuckles from now on......

Thank you for clarifying that! Blonde hair as yet another possible motive was just about driving me over the edge of sanity!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nikkirhea