Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Her ex said it was a high school classmate, not that it happened during HS.

He also said they didn't know who did it, so how would they know it was a high school classmate if she wasn't even in HS anymore?

I believe the perps own SP's mind and the truth will not come out for fear of reprisal. I don't think we will ever learn what really happened in this case.

Before they let her go, I am certain they threatened her repeatedly, saying they would come after her and her family, if she ever told who and where and what. I don't blame her one bit for making up a story, if this is what happened.

Sorry. I went and edited my post for clarity. :) I wasn't really responding to you...just adding my thought. I got the impression that the sheriff was NOT denying she wrote it. I assumed that by now they would know from Sherri herself. And I agree, about relevance and motive. I'm not trying to discuss what was written....there's no reason to do so. Sorry if it came across that way. I probably should have kept my mouth shut. [emoji850]

No, no! Miscommunication everywhere. The second part of my comment wasn't aimed at you either. I didn't think you were discussing the content. [emoji5]

I think we are on the same page here :loveyou: :laughing:

Keeping it this vague may mean LE has not felt the need to do much investigation.
What leads you to believe LE has not done much investigation. On multiple occasions, the sheriff has described extensive efforts on the part of his team, including working through the holiday weekend and dedicating all available resources to this one case.

One thing I know for sure is that multiple crimes have been committed here that must be investigated..........what a tangled web! We KNOW that she was absent and injured. We do not know who is involved in the collusion(s). This happened for some twisted reason. And we don't know how many people know what it is. JMO

Q about the statement from KP

Didn't hear it all but Sheriff only received notification about an hour prior to it being aired and yes some details may have compromised the investigation

We hear this from LE all the time how they are staying silent about things to protect the investigation.

I am wondering how does it really help LE to stay silent about things and not be able to at least state the facts of what actually occurred?

I can only think of the one obvious reason which has been used on TV crime shows many times. Haul a person in for questioning and catch them saying something that only the criminal would know. They then have the "gotcha" moment and know they must be involved.

But other than that, what other things does it really protect or what other things helps LE by staying silent about the facts?

How do you see someone's eyebrows if you can't see them?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A lot of hispanic gang members wear hoodies and then tie bandanas around their faces, leaving just the eye area visible.

I guess I'm baffled by all of the KP vs Sheriff talk. So many people saying KP is the only reason Shari was let go and found and the police aren't doing anything. How do we know the police aren't telling us what they've been told? Maybe they really don't have any other info on the two women. It doesn't mean they are lying to us or not telling us on purpose. I would never expect them to tell us every little detail regarding an investigation.

<modsnip>
Not with the branding and beatings.

I believe it was all true except the description of the kidnappers. KP came out with much information to show that it was not a hoax. He got tired of us stating that. But he has never really said anything bad about who did this. The sheriff has stated that these people were vicious. KP has always been very quiet about the "who", but seemed to know right away she was abducted, she was taken out of the area, she would be back by Thanksgiving. All this smells of money being paid and him knowing more than was being said. I don't believe he was involved in it happening, but got knowledge of things.

How can she be abducted by a vehicle that never appeared on surveillance cameras?

Before they let her go, I am certain they threatened her repeatedly, saying they would come after her and her family, if she ever told who and where and what. I don't blame her one bit for making up a story, if this is what happened.
Really???

They are just keeping it way too vague to the point where I think they are either placating Sherri or they are placating the person they think actually did it. Let me put it this way: I am not at all under the impression that LE is asking the public's help to find these women. They were not sharing the latest "descriptions" as a way to get the public's input here. It seemed to me that they were giving out more of description to make these women look a little more real.

I 100% agree with you again. I do actually think the Sheriff made more attempts this time to sympathize with Sherri and the situation. But imagine LE's frustration if they think they are having to waste their time giving press conferences with information they think is bogus. I mean come on, nothing is adding up. I am not saying that Sherri hasn't been victimized, injured or beaten, I just don't think it's by 2 Hispanic woman, with a dark SUV and I don't think LE is buying it either.

No, no! Miscommunication everywhere. The second part of my comment wasn't aimed at you either. I didn't think you were discussing the content. [emoji5]

I think we are on the same page here :loveyou: :laughing:

Whew! I wrote that for the mod's benefit too...I didn't want time out. :shame: But yes, miscommunication is catching! :loveyou:

We hear this from LE all the time how they are staying silent about things to protect the investigation.

I am wondering how does it really help LE to stay silent about things and not be able to at least state the facts of what actually occurred?

I can only think of the one obvious reason which has been used on TV crime shows many times. Haul a person in for questioning and catch them saying something that only the criminal would know. They then have the "gotcha" moment and know they must be involved.

But other than that, what other things does it really protect or what other things helps LE by staying silent about the facts?

YES, it helps. It is crucial in determining what tips are accurate. If I call in a tip about my neighbors having a shed brought into their yard, and seeing 2 hispanic women going inside the shed daily wearing bandanas on their faces, then they know my tip might be valid---if it is true she was kept in a shed and the women wore blue bandanas.

If I said my neighbors had an old van outside, and I saw them going in and out of that, they would discard that tip. jmo

Excellent points, all. I interpreted "hear her voice" to preclude them having seen her, but not necessarily a fact.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

If they had questions for her, those had to be in English and if they were commanding her, same thing. And if all they wanted to do was beat and torture, I guess they didn't have to select a language...........JMO

IMO The two women may have chosen to speak Spanish in order to keep her from knowing what they were saying (assuming she doesn't speak Spanish). BUT that doesn't mean that they didn't know and speak English directly to her to order her around if needed.

Sorry. I went and edited my post for clarity. :) I wasn't really responding to you...just adding my thought. I got the impression that the sheriff was NOT denying she wrote it. I assumed that by now they would know from Sherri herself. And I agree, about relevance and motive. I'm not trying to discuss what was written....there's no reason to do so. Sorry if it came across that way. I probably should have kept my mouth shut. [emoji850]

Agree with you both 100%.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I have wondered about this this. Two females? Likely pawns sent to do the dangerous / dirty work. I.E. Make the P/U IF ransom was pd., make the release, etc.

Pawns could have freaked out, ditched her (b/c if caught, a live victim is less time than a dead one), and ran.

Is there someone that works with law enforcement here? I'm trying to understand how the fact that KP released those details of her injuries might compromise the case. I mean, we've all seen TV shows where a suspect is tripped up when they reveal a fact that hasn't been released to the public...but is that really the extent of it?

Maybe they are worried about copycat crimes, too. They don't want more women suddenly showing up with the same brand.

Protection of the case and potential future jury pool. Protection of information/knowledge. Don't want to try cases in the public. No need to lay one's cards on the table. LE and the DA 'own' the case for the state. The public doesn't need to do anything but use good common sense when out and about, and report to police if there's something they saw/heard/know relating to this case.

I 100% agree with you again. I do actually think the Sheriff made more attempts this time to sympathize with Sherri and the situation. But imagine LE's frustration if they think they are having to waste their time giving press conferences with information they think is bogus. I mean come on, nothing is adding up. I am not saying that Sherri hasn't been victimized, injured or beaten, I just don't think it's by 2 Hispanic woman, with a dark SUV and I don't think LE is buying it either.

I agree 100 % with both of you...

Let's face it. We are all chewing on the same bones we were chewing on thanksgiving day. Let's be glad she is home and safe now. Let's hope whoever is responsible will be held accountable one day. And lets hope thelma and louisa do not do this again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nordlander