Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #12

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So, if the abductor's intent was always to release SP alive, why did it take 3 weeks? Those injuries could have been inflicted in a matter of hours.

Also, if SP was 20 or 21 when the blog story was written, it was NOT a high school prank.

From what I saw of the statement from the Ex was that is wasn't a high school prank but thought it was done by one of her enemies from her high school days.

Seeing eyebrows and earrings..... just odd. Can't think of a mask that would show only those features.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ummm, a surgical mask? My thoughts only because I work in the medical field, and no mention was made of the face covering... Which I also thought was strange...

The sheriff may seem bewildered about why hubby made his statement without telling LE first.

But hopefully the investigators realize that hubby may understand how the lack of public information can make a case go cold while trying to get known or unknown people of interest prosecuted for certain cases in small towns that seem isolated at the time.

Jmo..

Example.

Missy Bevers case.

Heather Ciccone case.

Brittany Drexel case.

Pike County/ Ohio 8 murdered family case.

Crystal Rogers case.

Holly Bobos case.

Deoor Kunz case.

Heather Elvis case.

Katelyn Atkins case.

And other cases as well. Jmo

Because jmo.

These above cases seem like someone should have been tried by now..

But guess what.

These cases are still open while LE and the D.A tells the family to try and keep certain information to the vest.

Jmo

So I don't blame KP for trying to state certain things. Jmo.

Good job you.

omg. shef, rosie, hatfield, concernedcitizen, desert-blue etc and there are so many...Iona might be my new favorite poster. :hills:

With the eyebrow description and the limited info released by Sherri, I couldn't help but roll my eyes. Talk about throwing scraps to the dogs. I'm beginning to think she does know more and not telling in fear for her life.

Was the broken nose bridge recent or partly healed from weeks ago? Any cut marks on her? Is she missing any teeth from injury? Did the captors have any pets? This is not enough info here to help calm down anyone who is worried that their kid or wife or friend won't just be grabbed off the street. The public needs more.

We hear this from LE all the time how they are staying silent about things to protect the investigation.

I am wondering how does it really help LE to stay silent about things and not be able to at least state the facts of what actually occurred?

I can only think of the one obvious reason which has been used on TV crime shows many times. Haul a person in for questioning and catch them saying something that only the criminal would know. They then have the "gotcha" moment and know they must be involved.

But other than that, what other things does it really protect or what other things helps LE by staying silent about the facts?

Maybe not so much catching the perp in a "gotcha" moment, but rather wanting to keep secret certain details that a witness or snitch might know. Just as an example, the brand. It's been reported in the media.

But if it hadn't, and someone came forward and said they knew someone who bragged about snatching a blonde lady off the street and branding her, these unreleased details could help determine whether the witness or snitch was credible and if so, could narrow the focus of the investigation. JMHO

I believe she was abducted and physically harmed. But, after that, I don't believe we have anything else to go on except a number of if/then scenarios.

If she was threatened with her life in relation to disclosure of her captors, then who she says abducted her might be false to lead LE astray.
If she was was held for the entire time by these two women, then she has more detailed descriptions of them than we are hearing.
If she was gotten by ransom, then she might be afraid that they would come and get her again for more money, or get her children.
If they were holding her for trafficking, then, the physical injuries make sense.

But there are the questions that seem to go with the if/then---

If she is in fear of her life (and I believe she is) or the life of her family, then, why would her husband and family give any detail/post pictures of the kids and the family in newspapers because it makes them a bigger target?
If she was held in one place for all that time, then, why does it seem like she has so little description of her captors and place she was held?
If she knows about their hair texture, then, why does she not know more identifying attributes?

I don't know. I have so much confusion. In working with sexual assault victims, some of whom were horribly battered (never held for weeks at end), they often had specific details about things you would expect or things that you would't think would stand out. But, they had details nonetheless.

There are so many questions that seem to not get to answers. It is just odd given that Sherri is alive and can tell. Maybe the sheriff knows but it isn't telling. It just doesn't seem to be the case.

It seems far fetched that people would target pretty SAHM's as a demographic. What would be the purpose? Lifestyle envy? Ugh. If they only knew! Being a SAHM is not glamorous. It's wonderful, but hard work. I've been one for 21 years, with 6 children (5 mine, 1 adopted), and I homeschool. My husband is a pastor, so we're in the public eye. I drive a Lexus, am fashionable, a redhead and often told I'm beautiful. But people don't see the laundry and cooking that a family of 8 requires, or the fishbowl existence of being in ministry. Being a SAHM was very difficult when I was a new mom with 3 kids under the age of 3. Pictures can look perfect, and families can be genuinely happy and blessed, but we are all just struggling to make it. I would hate to think that Sherri would be targeted for being a pretty mom. That sounds like a personal jealousy situation, rather than people targeting random mom's. ♥

JMO
Indeed... Still sitting on my fingers, sometimes...

Exactly. And just because someone says something is true doesn't mean it's true.

For the sake of argument - let's say that it was authored by SP. She was abducted just prior to the election. Is it possible there were similar, more recent sentiments posted somewhere that were traced back to SP or even KP?

I doubt someone used the way back machine and found a post allegedly authored by Sherri using her maiden name (though the content of that post, to me, sounds completely made up), then connected it to Sherri (known for a while now by her married name), and then, on the basis of that one 13-year-old post, decided to target Sherri for brutal abuse. If she were targeted for something she said or wrote, it'd most likely be something that she said or wrote recently. At least, that seems more likely to me. LE has examined her life with a fine-toothed comb by now. If Sherri recently said or did something inflammatory enough to elicit a brutal atrack, LE has probably learned of it by now.

Personally I require evidence, and I do not believe something simply because an authority figure told me to. And yes, I am aware of how things work, but that does not stop me from having a healthy level of skepticism when I am given NO EVIDENCE to back up a claim.
None of us are required to believe one thing or another thing.

My response was specifically to "so many people are saying LE has done/is doing nothing...," which is why I bolded that sentence. And, I believe LE is working the case to take it wherever it may lead, and just because the public isn't seeing them work the case or learning about all the details, doesn't mean they (LE) are "doing nothing."

The sheriff may seem bewildered about why hubby made his statement without telling LE first.

But hopefully the investigators realize that hubby may understand how the lack of public information can make a case go cold while trying to get known or unknown people of interest prosecuted for certain cases in small towns that seem isolated at the time.

Jmo..

Example.

Missy Bevers case.

Heather Ciccone case.

Brittany Drexel case.

Crystal Rogers case.

Holly Bobos case.

Deoor Kunz case.

Heather Elvis case.

Katelyn Atkins case.

My thoughts exactly....I think all too often law enforcement does not release enough information to help solve a case...

Jmo..

Example.

Missy Bevers case.

Heather Ciccone case.

Brittany Drexel case.

Crystal Rogers case.

Holly Bobos case.

Deoor Kunz case.

Heather Elvis case.

Katelyn Atkins case.

Exactly. This particular husband, from the start, has shown himself willing to pull out all the stops to find his wife.

Personally I require evidence, and I do not believe something simply because an authority figure told me to. And yes, I am aware of how things work, but that does not stop me from having a healthy level of skepticism when I am given NO EVIDENCE to back up a claim.
Fireweed, sounds like we were educated in the same classroom!

again, good to see you Bessie.

not getting a good read on this case...IMO, LE is being purposefully elusive. moreso than many of the other cases in this forum. why?

Ummm, a surgical mask? My thoughts only because I work in the medical field, and no mention was made of the face covering... Which I also thought was strange...

Panty hose because I'm a woman...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member