Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Particle/dust mask is what came to my mind.

That's what I thought of too. Any other mask would get uncomfortable, imo. Well, the particle mask would too, but not so much. Putting on a mask for every encounter with the victim for three weeks...I'm guessing it was a mask that wasn't too cumbersome.

But, who knows.

jmo

YES, it helps. It is crucial in determining what tips are accurate. If I call in a tip about my neighbors having a shed brought into their yard, and seeing 2 hispanic women going inside the shed daily wearing bandanas on their faces, then they know my tip might be valid---if it is true she was kept in a shed and the women wore blue bandanas.

If I said my neighbors had an old van outside, and I saw them going in and out of that, they would discard that tip. jmo

Protection of the case and potential future jury pool. Protection of information/knowledge. Don't want to try cases in the public. No need to lay one's cards on the table. LE and the DA 'own' the case for the state. The public doesn't need to do anything but use good common sense when out and about, and report to police if there's something they saw/heard/know relating to this case.

Part of the reason is to deal with tips or people claiming to have inside information. From what I've heard, high-profile cases often bring kooks out of the woodwork. It's easier to verify a claim if it contains information not released to the public.

Maybe not so much catching the perp in a "gotcha" moment, but rather wanting to keep secret certain details that a witness or snitch might know. Just as an example, the brand. It's been reported in the media.

But if it hadn't, and someone came forward and said they knew someone who bragged about snatching a blonde lady off the street and branding her, these unreleased details could help determine whether the witness or snitch was credible and if so, could narrow the focus of the investigation. JMHO

Thanks everyone so much for the responses.

I knew there had to be more reasons than just the "gotcha" one I was thinking of.

The one about validating if tips are credible is an excellent reason and a reason that multiple people thought of.

Thanks everyone. This helps me understand better why LE uses the tactics they do.

IMO The two women may have chosen to speak Spanish in order to keep her from knowing what they were saying (assuming she doesn't speak Spanish). BUT that doesn't mean that they didn't know and speak English directly to her to order her around if needed.

I was referring to her parents, not her captors. Just to be clear.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Was the broken nose bridge recent or partly healed from weeks ago? Any cut marks on her? Is she missing any teeth from injury? Did the captors have any pets? This is not enough info here to help calm down anyone who is worried that their kid or wife or friend won't just be grabbed off the street. The public needs more.

RBBM : the public needs to see these animals do a perp walk. jmo

I didn't see the press conference, but I assume none of the reporters asked if SP had verified the rest stop encounter?

Does anyone wanna join me in a group scream?

I am frustrated as heck, maybe a good scream into a pillow will make us all feel a bit better?

A lot less painful than banging my head against a brick wall anyway lol

KP came out and told details of what SP went through not because LE is doing nothing, but because he, his wife, his family were and are getting slammed by social media and looky-loos who have said and posted hurtful things, like calling him/his wife 'liars,' 'scammers,' 'running a hoax.' He was trying to address online bullies by disclosing things to counter what's been written and said.

It's a sensitive topic and probably a ridiculous theory, that's why I didn't elaborate and probably should have kept it to myself. I didn't mean SAHM, idk how to say what I mean. Probably best to disregard my post.
I know what you meant... The Suburban Stock Photo lifestyle...
Some think that all that glitters is really gold... Till they learn how gold is really made. No offense should be taken, we are all here with the same purpose, and all post should be considered valid... JMO...

Well, I'll play devil's advocate. They are Hispanic women. Hair is going to be brown or black. Eyes are most likely brown. Height is most likely short. You make good points about the other things - you would think she would be able to say whether they are thin or average weight or overweight. Some description of clothing would have been good. As for age, not sure how accurate SP could be on that if their faces were mostly covered.

Some of that is still assumption, though. A naturally dark-haired Latina might color her hair. And I have known plenty who had lighter brown hair to begin with. Of course the perps may have buzz cuts by now so it may be moot. I was also struck that no eye color was given. Perhaps it is most likely they had brown eyes but we don't KNOW. And it is definitely weird not to get some feel for their heights or builds, deep or soft voice, etc. Too vague to be of any use, really.

It's a sensitive topic and probably a ridiculous theory, that's why I didn't elaborate and probably should have kept it to myself. I didn't mean SAHM, idk how to say what I mean. Probably best to disregard my post.

No, I always appreciate your posts, they are never off-the-cuff, but well thought out. Maybe you mean the Stepford Wife aspect? I'm afraid I don't know what you meant, either, LOL :D. Pretty woman are always targeted, everywhere.

I have followed many cases but this one......?????? I am glad Sherri is alive and back home with her Family. None of it makes sense to me. Hopefully in the days to come it will. Back down to the rabbit hole I go.

I know what you meant... The Suburban Stock Photo lifestyle...
Some think that all that glitters is really gold... Till they learn how gold is really made. No offense should be taken, we are all here with the same purpose, and all post should be considered valid... JMO...

Thank you yes, that is what I meant. I didn't want to offend anyone. Appreciate that, thank you.

I am frustrated as heck, maybe a good scream into a pillow will make us all feel a bit better?

A lot less painful than banging my head against a brick wall anyway lol

I'll join ya Skibs! :gaah: :gaah:

There is another obvious... Among hispanics, there can be a great variation in skin color, it can be as different as day and night... Think about it...

Exactly. This particular husband, from the start, has shown himself willing to pull out all the stops to find his wife.

But he didn't release any information that will help catch the perps or solve the crime, imo. He just lavishly described her injuries. No info on who may have had her or why or where she may have been held.

A lot less painful than banging my head against a brick wall

anyway lol

:gaah: Or a pillow fight to let off steam. :pillowfight2:

Burka. I couldn't think of the right word when I posted lol

Gotcha. Happens to me too, that I can't find the right word. I was just at a Hindu wedding where I was the only non-sari wearing female so I was thinking "wait, what?"

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

But he didn't release any information that will help catch the perps or solve the crime, imo. He just lavishly described her injuries. No info on who may have had her or why or where she may have been held.

Ding ding ding, we have a winner.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members