Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
yes. I have passed one myself while not being completely honest. (im not a psychopath though) psychopaths pass them because they are not nervous when they lie.

Gonna be honest here and say I could never pass one. I mean I start panicking if I think about trying to lie. If I was given a polygraph I might throw up on them.

None of which excludes someone, possibly a family member, from assisting in its preparation and adding prose that does not sound like KP.

IMO, the writing style and prose was consistent throughout KP's statement, leading me to believe it was written by one person. I don't even see sections that look like they were written by another person, though he may have had someone read it over for him when he was finished, to give a sort of gut reaction. I don't see any evidence of final (or professional) editing, though KP likely edited it himself along the way.

This is just my own opinion. While I do write professionally (which you wouldn't know from some of these posts, lol), it still is just one opinion among many. Other opinions will vary. :)

I think Sheriff Bosenko categorizing SP's injuries as being comparable to a sprained ankle lit the fuse. <modsnip>

The Sheriff never likened the injuries to a sprained ankle. He said she was treated for non-life threatening injuries and released from the hospital, like they would do for a sprained ankle. I've tried to find his direct quote but am unable to at this point. Just too many articles out their to wade through.

Maybe he didn't want us to see current pictures for some reason.

Any thought on why photos given to media of SP weren't recent?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

ITA with your first paragraph! As for the SM aspect from my own perspective ... I own what I put out there. What you see is what you get, I'm genuine. I stand behind my political views, religious beliefs and rants. My SM isn't for the benefit of anyone else, it's mine. Pick it apart if you'd like, but I don't pretend to be something or someone I'm not. I'm not one way in pictures and a different way in my dealings with others. I wouldn't make haste to erase unflattering things that might put me in a bad light, because what others think of me is inconsequential. I'm a very transparent person in my dealings with people in everyday life, I have nothing to hide, therefore, zero need for damage control. In other words, I'm real, not some persona contrived in my imagination for the sole purpose of impressing people. <modsnip>

side note: love this. Coming from an unstable household where I was constantly shamed, guilted and emotionally abused; this is a goal of mine to be ok with my opinions and who I am.

I feel like I am on a merry go round, inside a maze, on top a helter skelter

I try and catch up and feel like I'm missing things all the time! And every time I form some kind of theory, details change, or there's a distraction, a new interview. More drama!

I need facts, constructive timelines. I can't form a solid theory based on what we have when there is so much suspicion cast on unknowns and the victim. I watched a video from a news channel earlier that called SP the "alleged kidnapping victim" Now I know technically that is what she is but the way they said it, emphasizing the word with an accusatory tone, I just don't get it. I know there is a lot of stuff that feels off or different but sometimes it just is, life is crackers and seems to be getting more messed up by the month.

We're all intrigued and baffled by an very unusual case and I don't know what to say half the time but I sit here reading and thinking, reading and thinking. Hoping for something I can add to the map, or to post a new developing break in the case. I'm constantly waiting for that lightbulb. This case is actually making me feel a bit dumb o_O

ETA: This is not aimed at you Gardner, I just jumped of your post with my random musings and frustrations

I understand Skibaboo. :hug:
I started to make a timeline for this case back on thread 2 or 3 but I quickly gave up. I can't keep up with all the info and drama and at times I can't keep straight which is which. :facepalm:

Meant to post a reply to an earlier message and now can't delete it ... sorry, new to the board.

IMO, the writing style and prose was consistent throughout KP's statement, leading me to believe it was written by one person. I don't even see sections that look like they were written by another person, though he may have had someone read it over for him when he was finished, to give a sort of gut reaction. I don't see any evidence of final (or professional) editing, though KP likely edited it himself along the way.

This is just my own opinion. While I do write professionally (which you wouldn't know from some of these posts, lol), it still is just one opinion among many. Other opinions will vary. :)

I write professionally too, and likewise, no one can tell by my posts! :rolleyes:

The info is pretty straightforward because there hasn't been all that much of it released.

What's confounding is all the musing/theories/speculation/rumors that always proliferate in cases. Trying to follow all of that is usually an exercise in futility. It's one reason I ignore all of that.

If you stick to the known/verified facts of a case, it helps keep one from tumbling off into the tall weeds of confusion. IMO, of course.

Personally, I would be absolutely MORTIFIED if my husband went on national TV to discuss MY trauma. But my husband would never do anything like that before consulting me and the answer would be NO> JMO

I am just amazed at how people are so sure how they would handle a crisis they have never experienced. The assumption i suppose is that KP never told SP what he was going to do. Why would you assume that? KP is defending his wife. He is damned if he does and damned if he doesn't. Give this family a break. But for the grace of god goes all of us.

Do we know for sure that she was grabbed off the street? I was thinking that she was taken from her home. Hence the partially wrapped gift?

I believe the reports are that she was grabbed off the street, while jogging.

Do we know for sure that she was grabbed off the street? I was thinking that she was taken from her home. Hence the partially wrapped gift?

I thought she was out jogging??

Curious, if you had been sexually assaulted how long would it take to go through the process at the hospital? I don't know the protocol on that. Are you being interviewed while being checked out or do they do that separately?

I'm sure it varies depending on local protocol and hospital policy. In my experience with rape, I was interviewed by police throughout the exam on and off and it took several hours. I was kept for 24 hours total which I was told was standard because I had been drugged.

I was also hospitalized after an abusive episode with my ex husband. I don't wish to go into detail about why, necessarily. However, the examination and police questioning took a few hours in that case as well and I was kept overnight for emotional shock and physical exhaustion etc.

*Edit- I also think I was kept out of concern for my safety since I did plan on returning home after the incident. That would not be a factor in this case.

However, I live in a complete different area than the victim and protocol could be very different where she was hospitalized.

no idea what is going on here, but i predict we will see SP soon in a televised interview.

side note: love this. Coming from an unstable household where I was constantly shamed, guilted and emotionally abused; this is a goal of mine to be ok with my opinions and who I am.

Amen, glassheater....same here.

Personally, I would be absolutely MORTIFIED if my husband went on national TV to discuss MY trauma. But my husband would never do anything like that before consulting me and the answer would be NO> JMO

Yes. Same here.

But my DH isn't like KP, and that is not a put down - they are simply very different type of men. My guy would be standing guard next to me like a pitbull, keeping people and attention away.

Again, I understand KP has a different approach. That is his choice, of course.

jmo

That just seems really strange. If I had just been kidnapped, held for three weeks, beaten and branded...I don't think my first thought would be to get on pinterest

I would cover and hide everything I possibly could. Anything that could be traced to me by my abductors, their friends, the press, nosy outsiders, neighbors, etc. Especially pictures of my kids, links to friends, and any place I'd tagged on Facebook.

That just seems really strange. If I had just been kidnapped, held for three weeks, beaten and branded...I don't think my first thought would be to get on pinterest

I just had a look on pinterest... I find the gun and knife obsession very, very creepy and disturbing.

Maybe he didn't want us to see current pictures for some reason.
I was thinking perhaps it had something to do with showing her in her best light. But, now that I think of it, if they had framed pictures around the house he may have just grabbed a couple to give LE when he reported. And of course those don't tend to get swapped out just because our looks change.

&#10084;

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member