Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ditto that.

I'm outta here until there's more information.

Now I remember why I bailed on reading Abigail H.'s threads after she came home. Even if it's not meant as victim bashing, the dissection of every word and movement of the victims and their families comes across as being mean.

Disagree. IMO, there is no doubt as to the meaning.

Kind of ironic. They used social media to the max to get the word out about her missing; now they don't seem to like social media because of all the second guessing.
That's why I often refer to social media as "a double edged sword."

It's great for quickly spreading information.

It's also 'great' (unfortunately) for quickly spreading rumors and completely false information.

And, because technology is everywhere, all kinds of people have a way to participate and they feel free doing so from behind their tech screen.

That would kinda cut down on discussion, though....

Part of what I LIKE about WS is people sharing what they've been through, and thinking through what others do from their own point of view.

But, yes, there but for the Grace of God go I. Of course. I assume we all feel that way.

Me too. Different perspectives can be fascinating.

But, yes, there's a line between saying "She SHOULD" be doing thing and saying "I would do this" or "I think I would do this." I find it all interesting as long as we're not judging - which unfortunately I have seen when it comes to parents with missing children. In those cases I say hands off. However they deal is how they deal.

JMO

eta: Just noticed your edit. Nevermind. Enjoy your break and we'll have this solved in no time. :)

Me too. Different perspectives can be fascinating.

But, yes, there's a line between saying "She SHOULD" be doing thing and saying "I would do this" or "I think I would do this." I find it all interesting as long as we're not judging - which unfortunately I have seen when it comes to parents with missing children. In those cases I say hands off. However they deal is how they deal.

JMO

I'm very with you on this.

My husband is very much a "man's man." He's Texan and a gun owner. He thought the Pinterest posts were disturbing.

To each their own, I suppose.

Agree with BBM. I'm a woman and don't find them disturbing at all.

I am just amazed at how people are so sure how they would handle a crisis they have never experienced. The assumption i suppose is that KP never told SP what he was going to do. Why would you assume that? KP is defending his wife. He is damned if he does and damned if he doesn't. Give this family a break. But for the grace of god goes all of us.

THANK YOU for your post! I couldn't agree more. (BBM)

In a press conference her sister was asked if Sherri is employed and the sister said she didn't have an answer to that question.

I'm interested in the risks/threats specific to the area too.
She apparently worked (past tense) in Eureka, from time to time -- a 3+ hour mountainous drive each way. I am a bit familiar with the area (Eureka more, it’s pretty bad off) and Redding seems to have a better economy, although both seem to struggle economically.
Please see below an excerpt from my earlier post on crime issues in the region (Also worth noting that Redding was named the #5 most dangerous place in the U.S. for women in 2012 because of high sex assault rates.) http://www.forbes.com/sites/meghanca.../#7a8c4e4238fe)

From the kymkemp link below: "Sherri did have a job over the last few years that brought her into Humboldt County,” Totten said. “She worked for a company that had a branch in Eureka. She would travel from Redding to Eureka every so often to work here for a short time.” Even though Papini no longer works for the company, that is a connection to this area, Totten said."

My note on drug activities in the area (I mention this because the OP asked about illegal growing which is prevalent there): Humboldt County/Eureka (neighboring Shasta County) has a reputation as a major marijuana producer, and Humboldt has actually been named one of 28 “High Intensity Drug Traffic Areas” in the United States and there are very serious drug issues (meth, heroin) in Redding as well. The cartels are active in Humboldt, and the indication is that these are local cartels (especially the marijuana farm owners, who have long fought the DEA). Mexican/Colombian/other Central American cartels are also very powerful of course, running drugs through California, and up to Canada.
http://kymkemp.com/2016/11/07/two-hu...-near-redding/
http://www.northcoastjournal.com/hum...nt?oid=3265840

This is starting to remind me of the JonBenet case (minus the murder) in that JonBenet's parents quickly got in front of the media to tell their story to the public. Turns out there was a huge disconnect going on between the parents and LE. Of course, MOO.

This keeps popping in my mind also. Only difference though is that the Ramsey's refused to help LE. KP is said to be cooperating. I still think being so involved with the media is a weird way to handle things though. JMHO

I would think Sherri would have been kept in the hospital longer.
she was abducted , missing for 3 weeks, tossed from a truck. bound, broken nose, bruises, burns
branded... weight loss. I cant imagine them releasing a kidnap victim...even if she was not seriously injured just for observation.
Just seems strange to me.
three weeks!

I am just amazed at how people are so sure how they would handle a crisis they have never experienced. The assumption i suppose is that KP never told SP what he was going to do. Why would you assume that? KP is defending his wife. He is damned if he does and damned if he doesn't. Give this family a break. But for the grace of god goes all of us.
This.

Once upon a time, I thought knew what I was going to do "if"... And then...

>>>>>>> :eek:hoh: <<<<<<<

Fight / Flight / Freeze ? You never really know. Adrenaline rules you, not the other way around.
The same thing goes for grief reaction. We don't choose exactly how we feel. And when we try to control how we act during difficult times, it sometimes comes off as contrived. I have no doubt that there is some grief involved in the entire P family. Gee, it's comfy here behind my keyboard. I just don't want to trade places with any of them.

For as long as I have been interested in crimes and cases like this, I've been applying my all time favorite tool to decide and understand just what is going on. I've written about it at length many times. Here's the sum of it, Occam's Razor:

https://simple.wikipedia.org/wiki/Occam's_razor

One of the other people on this planet that I admire so much and consider her opinion to hold a lot of good solid common sense is Judge Judy. Judge Judy says this: "Well, first of all the most important thing about the truth is, if it doesn't make sense it's probably not true. So you start with that as a premise. If it doesn't make sense to your common sense its usually not true."

Have a wonderful day.

Re: gangs, I have yet to see anything connecting her to gangs. I lived in that area over 30 years. She isn't gang material. It just doesn't fit Imogen.

As far as the other, I could totally get behind a hate crime or act of vindication if we were seeing actual evidence of an emotionally charged, in the moment snatching. But we aren't. Imo an emotionally charged assault would look something like she is snatched, beat up, maybe hair cut off, and tossed out on a back road a few hours later.

To be held for weeks indicates, to me, there was some planning behind the scenes. It's hard to hide a person for weeks when you didn't think you would need to. You can't take them home, they might see mail or pictures or be seen by a drop in neighbor. Besides location there are things to consider like getting her in and out without being seen, etc.

Imo the fact that she was released alive after three weeks indicates planning, not an emotional, vindictive crime. The question in my mind is...who did the planning?

&#10084;

Again, I didn't say she had any connections to gangs. You don't need to have connections to gangs to be a victim of gang violence.

I believe hate crimes are not necessarily spur of the moment. I believe the majority of them are planned.

It's not hard to hide somebody for weeks if you have a place to hide them, and if all persons in that location are involved. Example a gang house. Getting a kidnap victim from a car to a house without being seen is also not difficult. It could be done from inside a garage, from a car parked in back of a house, or almost anywhere in the dark.

I'm sure it varies depending on local protocol and hospital policy. In my experience with rape, I was interviewed by police throughout the exam on and off and it took several hours. I was kept for 24 hours total which I was told was standard because I had been drugged.

I was also hospitalized after an abusive episode with my ex husband. I don't wish to go into detail about why, necessarily. However, the examination and police questioning took a few hours in that case as well and I was kept overnight for emotional shock and physical exhaustion etc.

*Edit- I also think I was kept out of concern for my safety since I did plan on returning home after the incident. That would not be a factor in this case.

However, I live in a complete different area than the victim and protocol could be very different where she was hospitalized.

Thank you for sharing. I'm hopeful that her early release from the initial hospital means she wasn't sexually abused.

Generally most emergency room care takes a few hours. Plus however long you have to wait. Which can take additional hours depending on how busy the ER is.

Thank you, I know every circumstance is different but the quick release from hospital one gives me hope that she wasn't sexually abused.

He wasn't there to defend her when she was beaten, burned, and God knows what. Imagine the guilt he feels that he wasn't able to protect her. That's what he's trying to do now- protect her from the bullying, and protect her from being victimized all over again. Why is this so hard for some people to grasp? It's a natural response IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member