Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #13

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I understood why the family would do WHATEVER it took to facilitate Sherri's return, including going around LE and work with Gamble.

What bothers me is that he's now using Sherri's abduction to market his service, as if that service (which did indeed revolve around a ransom with no consequences, against advice of LE) was a factor in Sherri's release. As far as we know, Gamble has no evidence as to why Sherri was released.

Anyway, I respect your take on it, but see it differently. We can just agree to disagree in our characertizing the appropriateness of that interview/advertisement; no problem.

Snip:
The letter, posted on SherriPapini.com says, "I am willing to pay you whatever way you can creatively think about where you feel safe and where nothing can be tracked to you." The letter continues, "I will not communicate with the police, Sheriff's Department regarding any details about this offer."

The website links to the official Find Sherri Papini Facebook page, Twitter, and account. It also links to news articles about her disappearance.

When we spoke with Sherri Papini's husband, Keith Papini, he was insistent that this letter is true and says he has spoken with the anonymous source's spokesperson, Cameron Gamble. KRCR News Channel 7's Mike Mangas also spoke with Gamble and plans to speak with him on camera about the letter, Friday morning.

Gamble said there is no dollar amount in the reward because they're not putting a worth on Sherri's life. Gamble added the objective is to offer a reward ransom for the person or persons that have Sherri and that this is a time for the person to come forward without consequences.

http://www.krcrtv.com/news/local/sh...sherri-papini-website-offers-reward/168229851

I agree it's unseemly to use the abduction to market his service. But that's beside the point. From the letter, it seems clear he's trying to remove an obvious obstacle that might prevent the abductor from dealing with him. He's clearly making a distinction between his work and LE work. Now, we may not agree with his methods. I don't. But it seems he'd rather have Sherri back even if it means the perps are not caught than not to have Sherri back at all. Would any of us not say the same thing?

I saw a lot of "stuff" on LinkedIn, but nothing that I am used to seeing-college, branch of service, grad years,etc. It could be because I'm not logged in. I refuse to log into the site after my child realized I had been looking at her new beau's page. Trust me, don't look at anyone's LinkedIn unless you're sure you didn't leave yourself logged in, unless you want the person notified you've been there.

In one report, I believe KP states that they branded her all over her body.
No he didn't.

Based on the information available, yes I believe it to be a possibility. Other possibilities are that she was used to send a strong message to someone in her family/close friends. Remember, we don't know the true extent of her injuries AND is wasn't necessary to hospitalize her upon her release by all accounts that I have read. The broken nose you refer to was from her drop from the vehicle.
To the bolded, that has never been confirmed by KP, LE or anyone associated with this case, only speculated upon by members here and others across SM.

I saw it early on. Definitely does not fit the 'supermom' vibe they want out in public.
To some it is exactly what a supermom would do. Or maybe just mine because she's ex-LE. She would kill someone that messed with her children, and never made it a secret. To some that is an admirable trait that would absolutely align with the "supermom" moniker.

What has stuck in my mind from day one...On SP's wedding "blog" she states something about not knowing how to live with a man - or something along those lines. She was previously married and divorced. I don't know why I find that so odd - I guess my OCD is coming out.
Because she was billed by some in the media (don't know who started it, and how or why) that she was this supermom with a perfect existence, so when a blog is found where she talks about her first time living with a boy and we later find out she was previously married, it goes to character and puts everything that followed in a different light. Not victim-blaming, I just think a raised eyebrow based on what she blogged vs reality is a natural, human reaction.

Did he "join the picture" or script, cast, direct, and produce it? I have to say I am wondering. I think we will know more in the coming days. This is not to deny that there are real victims, SP included. My opinion is that the real victims are the legitimate organizations that help sex trafficking victims--and the women themselves. That's who would have lost if people started sending their money to CG, in my opinion.

He offered his services as a ministry. He wasn't taking money. He also helps sex trafficking victims, which is stated on the church website.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It was a red flag to me because of what he said but I can't post what I remember because I don't have links. For me, it would have been better to remain silent. But, that's me... I can't speak for anyone else.
OK. Now I got ya. :)

I saw a lot of "stuff" on LinkedIn, but nothing that I am used to seeing-college, branch of service, grad years,etc. It could be because I'm not logged in. I refuse to log into the site after my child realized I had been looking at her new beau's page. Trust me, don't look at anyone's LinkedIn unless you're sure you didn't leave yourself logged in, unless you want the person notified you've been there.

If you're logged in, you'll see more.

In your opinion. Respectfully, unless you know them personally and they have appointed you their personal spokesperson you cannot speak for them. This can be said of all of us. There is fact, and then there is opinion.

I say this respectfully and not to victim bash KP, but IMO if he's doing this merely to quash SM rumors and accusations he wouldn't be going on a full media tour. I don't know what his motivations are or why he's trying to draw even more attention to the case (which will only fuel more rumors) but I believe his reasons are more complicated than defending his family's reputation.

MOO/JMO

Okay - My BAD...Please don't give me a TO. Why in the world is KP doing interviews? 20/20 - Are you
kidding me? I want to say more, but I won't. Fear of the TO.
Prayers to Mr. & Mrs. B...

He offered his services as a ministry. He wasn't taking money. He also helps sex trafficking victims, which is stated on the church website.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but CG did not enter the picture until a mutual friend of Sherri's suggested it.

No he didn't.

To the bolded, that has never been confirmed by KP, LE or anyone associated with this case, only speculated upon by members here and others across SM.

To some it is exactly what a supermom would do. Or maybe just mine because she's ex-LE. She would kill someone that messed with her children, and never made it a secret. To some that is an admirable trait that would absolutely align with the "supermom" moniker.

Because she was billed by some in the media (don't know who started it, and how or why) that she was this supermom with a perfect existence, so when a blog is found where she talks about her first time living with a boy and we later find out she was previously married, it goes to character and puts everything that followed in a different light. Not victim-blaming, I just think a raised eyebrow based on what she blogged vs reality is a natural, human reaction.

RE:Broken nose.

That was actually spoken about by KP in the preview for 20/20. That information comes from him.

EDIT- post 727 has a link. I'm not sure why my phone won't copy it.

I say this respectfully and not to victim bash KP, but IMO if he's doing this merely to quash SM rumors and accusations he wouldn't be going on a full media tour. I don't know what his motivations are or why he's trying to draw even more attention to the case (which will only fuel more rumors) but I believe his reasons are more complicated than defending his family's reputation.

MOO/JMO

I concur.

MOO/JMO

I see a lot of posts like this one. That Sherri or Keith have reasons for doing things post recovery. But I seldom see anything more than that. Like an explanation of what the poster means. It's left hanging there.

What complicated reasons are you talking about?

I'm never going to catch up. Ok, I promised a new poll when there was a new thread. So here goes. Two things we have a lot of debate on is who and why.

Poll (these are in no particular order):

Who do you think is behind SP's abduction?

1. Human traffickers
2. Gang/Cartel members
3. Someone who knows her or her family/someone she knows*
4. Random stalkers
5. None of the above (expand if not against TOS)*

What motivating factors were involved?

A. Personal reasons against SP/her family (revenge/anger/jealously, etc.)
B. Desire for ransom money
C. Hate Crime
D. Money laundering operation
E. Drugs were involved
F. Initiation into a gang was involved
G. The sex industry was involved

*Please remember WS rules when answering and do NOT name anyone specific

I'm still sticking with #3 and A.

I didn't post it but I will admit I was very interested in seeing it. I don't feel that this was victim blaming in any way shape or form - merely showing another side. If things can be posted that show the victim's lifestyle and habits and beliefs, it can show pieces of the puzzle that might not look like they fit, at first.

After what she's been through, and still has to go through because of intense media interest, I think she's entitled to what's left of her privacy.

What a nightmare it must be to be the subject of such intense interest that even one's deleted posts are SS'd, posted, and discussed by strangers.

Hopefully one of the questions in the 20/20 interview tomorrow evening will be why he's choosing to speak out now about the case. And then everyone will know and that can be put to bed.

I agree it's unseemly to use the abduction to market his service. But that's beside the point. From the letter, it seems clear he's trying to remove an obvious obstacle that might prevent the abductor from dealing with him. He's clearly making a distinction between his work and LE work. Now, we may not agree with his methods. I don't. But it seems he'd rather have Sherri back even if it means the perps are not caught than not to have Sherri back at all. Would any of us not say the same thing?

I was addressing the seemliness of it and what I see as potential problems marketing such a service could cause for LE and victims in other cases.

I don't know what anyone would else would say, but you'll get no argument from me that it's better to have any missing person, including Sherri Papini, released alive than any other alternative.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but CG did not enter the picture until a mutual friend of Sherri's suggested it.

You are correct and then he went to the family and offered his services.

I concur.

I suspect he agreed to do the interview when the social media bashing was at its height. At this point, he may not stop until it has died down considerably. For whatever reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member