Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Never heard that. Can you provide a link?

It is my understanding( from previous posts) that her sister has seen her.
Its unclear if her Mom has seen her or not, but said she spoke to her

There is no way I can go back and find the quotes, sorry, too many pages

I'm never going to catch up. Ok, I promised a new poll when there was a new thread. So here goes. Two things we have a lot of debate on is who and why.

Poll (these are in no particular order):

Who do you think is behind SP's abduction?

1. Human traffickers
2. Gang/Cartel members
3. Someone who knows her or her family/someone she knows*
4. Random stalkers
5. None of the above (expand if not against TOS)*

What motivating factors were involved?

A. Personal reasons against SP/her family (revenge/anger/jealously, etc.)
B. Desire for ransom money
C. Hate Crime
D. Money laundering operation
E. Drugs were involved
F. Initiation into a gang was involved
G. The sex industry was involved

*Please remember WS rules when answering and do NOT name anyone specific

5 with a side of 3
and
A, is the closet for motivating factors although I would defer to an H: None of the Above, against TOS.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BBM 1 - exactly my point too :)

BBM 2 - I was complimenting people for posting respectfully. Perhaps you've misread this line?

Please don't take offence at my post; it wasn't posted to incite, it was just to prompt some self-reflection based on my own experience of feeling guilty about my own posts. :)

Hello,
I enjoy your posts so I'm definitely not offended just defensive, I think I used your direct quote about "shame" that's the part I wanted to defend.:peace:

Hey Iona, is there an online class for finger sitting?

I'm never going to catch up. Ok, I promised a new poll when there was a new thread. So here goes. Two things we have a lot of debate on is who and why.

Poll (these are in no particular order):

Who do you think is behind SP's abduction?

1. Human traffickers
2. Gang/Cartel members
3. Someone who knows her or her family/someone she knows*
4. Random stalkers
5. None of the above (expand if not against TOS)*

What motivating factors were involved?

A. Personal reasons against SP/her family (revenge/anger/jealously, etc.)
B. Desire for ransom money
C. Hate Crime
D. Money laundering operation
E. Drugs were involved
F. Initiation into a gang was involved
G. The sex industry was involved

*Please remember WS rules when answering and do NOT name anyone specific

I have considered many theories over the course of this case. Sometimes, I held conflicting theories at the same time. Other times, I dropped theories, picked them back up, and dropped them again. And now at this point with the poll, here's where I'm at:

Part 1: Who is behind SP's abduction?
I don't have the foggiest notion.

Part 2: What motivating factors were involved?
I don't have the foggiest notion.

Exactly. Listen, I don't doubt she was held for 3 weeks and went through horrible things. None of it makes any sense to me, but whatever. I have no problem throwing my support and sympathy behind behind a victim, I've always done that on WS. But I'm no fool.
This... I agree 100%, and one of the reasons I love Websleuths is because I am in likeminded company.

I'd like to think Keith has more important things to attend to, than reading comments on social media sites. Perhaps it's LE questionings that's making him feel defensive? idk It's curious all around. Even as a fact-based sleuther, I can't shake the feeling of whoa, that's tmi.

I find it refreshing that the family seem to be keeping off SM. As oppose to, say, the DeOrr Kunz case where his parents seemed to spend all their time arguing with people on SM rather than looking for their kid, which just made people even more suspicious of them...

There have been some nasty things posted on SM about SP, and I say good on her family for rising above it and keeping a dignified silence. Arguing with people online would just inflame the situation even more. MOO.

I was looking through families FB's and I saw that at one point, there was a "Help Find Sherri Papini" FB public page, but it also appears to be gone. I haven't seen that happen before in missing person's cases-even when a person is found (or regrettably not found) the page usually stays active. Is that strange that it's gone? Usually they stay up saying "thank you for your help" etc etc. Plus, you can disable commenting so if that was the reason, they could have just disabled comments. Just interesting.

5 with a side of 3
and
A, is the closet for motivating factors although I would defer to an H: None of the Above, against TOS.

Same.

It is my understanding( from previous posts) that her sister has seen her.
Its unclear if her Mom has seen her or not, but said she spoke to her

There is no way I can go back and find the quotes, sorry, too many pages

Its in the last thread ppl magazine interview I believe her dad said they have spoken to her.
im not sure her sister has seen her!

Not sure. I just googled Sherri Papini missing during that timeframe and the first thing that came up has photos from lots of different places

http://www.krcrtv.com/news/local/sh...ved-in-shasta-co-missing-woman-case/162315438

All the initial articles I saw shared by a friend in Redding contained photos mostly from 2009-2011. My friend actually made a comment about this and shared a more recent photo of her in the comments of her first post. She assumed it was a media fail.

I also find it odd that KP is ignoring LE advice/instruction/requests and that he is requesting privacy whilst simultaneously giving away more information than has ever been asked to be given from them.

What I find the most strange about this is the willingness to speak so openly about everything that happened to his wife without there being any true reason for doing so.

It's true that we've been calling for more information and more detail on the abduction and injuries, but that's so we can sleuth! I certainly didn't expect so much detail to come from KP - the last thing I would want to be doing is sitting and talking through all the injuries and experiences my loved one had during captivity. Horrific! Why would you put yourself through that? The only reason I could see to do any of that would be to provide information that would help to capture these women. But that doesn't appear to be happening, or the reason... I'm not sure what is.

I'm so upended by this case. I feel so desperately sad for everything Sherri went through and then so angry that there doesn't even seem to be a reason for it!

What's going on? It's all so strange.

Dearest Moderators, are we by chance allowed to post from Heavy.com? I know that they can be a bit schlonky at times but I also know they are gaining traction and hiring more reputable writers. TIA.

Makes one wonder how the I-5 lady knew that SP had blonde hair though. JMO

Well, first he said her hair was "chopped" off... now this article says "shaved". There is a BIG difference. I'm just more confused than ever.

Hello,
I enjoy your posts so I'm definitely not offended just defensive, I think I used your direct quote about "shame" that's the part I wanted to defend.:peace:

Hey Iona, is there an online class for finger sitting?

Ah, maybe it was my phrasing - I meant that if you're posting respectfully then you would feel absolutely no shame if your view/theory didn't happen to pan out.

And the alternate is definitely true if you're not posting respectfully - I know this because it happened to me.

That's all I meant - it was just an extension of suggesting respectful posting :)

"Authorities investigating the alleged kidnap and torture of Sherri Papini fear some of the clues in her disappearance may have been planted."

https://au.news.yahoo.com/a/3338751...ne-was-planted-to-throw-them-off-scent/#page1

I-phone face up, placed in the grass? IMO the abductors showed more concern for her phone than her. Why would they do that? Almost like they knew she would be able to use it again.
MOO

I have a question!

Is it possible LE has NOT been able to sit and talk to her face to face

What do you mean? Sheriff stated yesterday that they met at an undisclosed location.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member