Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
All signs point to LE not believing her version of events, despite what they may say publicly. You see KP's frustration in going public with details that it seems LE would rather him not to have. This is not cooperating with LE.

How do all signs point to LE not believing her version of events? They have only said they DO believe her! Let's not make this more complicated than it already is. If LE didn't believe SP, she would know it after doing hours of interviews with them. KP would know it. Her family would know it.

Let's face it. LE believes her. It's as simple as that. They have more information than we do. LE certainly doesn't have to share anything with the general public at all, but they've been giving press conferences and dropping pertinent facts here and there.

I was looking through families FB's and I saw that at one point, there was a "Help Find Sherri Papini" FB public page, but it also appears to be gone. I haven't seen that happen before in missing person's cases-even when a person is found (or regrettably not found) the page usually stays active. Is that strange that it's gone? Usually they stay up saying "thank you for your help" etc etc. Plus, you can disable commenting so if that was the reason, they could have just disabled comments. Just interesting.

They closed it the day after she was found I believe. I was a part of it. It was stated that the group would be closed out of privacy for SP and family. I believe they also didn't want the posts to exist anymore. It was turning ugly real fast...as you can gather from seeing other types of SM and news article comments.

One local group for another woman I was a part of kept the group open, but disabled commenting as you mentioned, because that was also turning into a bashing session. The group mods couldn't keep up with comments so they disabled it. Another group I am in turned there's into a "Justice for..." group.

If I had to guess, I would say maybe they didn't want SP to see what was being said in the group...but they also immediately got rid of the websites they had too..and now the pinterest boards....so I don't know..

Can anyone elaborate on lie detector tests these days? Are they 100%?

I understand Keith passed one, and I don't personally believe he had anything to do with her abduction. BUT! Could he have passed a lie detector test re: SP's abduction, if he knew the family was contacted with a ransom request? Or perhaps did the ransom request come AFTER he passed the lie detector test? I know it was within a day or two of her disappearance that he took it. At what point did the ransom negotiator come in? How many days had SP been missing?

Curious about the timing of all this.
No! Polygraphy = voodoo science, imo.

I wouldn't submit to (another) one for any reason. Not even if the only thing they wanted to ask was my middle name. I would either fail, or the results would be inconclusive. Ordinary people can easily fail due to ordinary circumstances like nervousness, lack of sleep, outright fear, etc.

However - I think it's more difficult for an ordinary person to pass when they are actually lying than it would be a sociopath. i.e. If an ordinary person passes, they are most likely telling the truth.

I respect our Sheriff but I do think he is maybe too close to the subject and I hope the FBI is very involved.

Maybe...I don't know the details of his 30-yr record in Shasta County, but do realize he's an elected official. If he has any questionable tendencies, I would hope he'd have been voted out earlier on (though also appreciate the fact that that doesn't always play out). Being an elected public official who is also invested in doing good police work may well account for his careful statements right now, with so much local, strong opinion about the case.

LozDa- (for some reason I couldn't link your previous post that I'm referring to)

Regarding your earlier post sharing your personal experience, as a fellow survivor of sexual assault I just want to say I think that was a very brave thing for you to do~to share your experience in hopes of enlightening/helping others [emoji1360]

Thank you.

❤️ I always stand with you, Shy.

And I thank everyone who responded so positively to that post. I couldn't respond after I'd posted it, as I had a mini meltdown haha! But thank you to one and all for your kind words.

Wow.

These scientists and TV shows talk about Touch DNA.

But SP and her clothes and her restraints have been touched for 3 weeks in captivity.

But the fbi still doesn't seem to have any of the perps dna as of yet?

So is touch dna reliable?

Or was gloves worn everytime?

"Authorities investigating the alleged kidnap and torture of Sherri Papini fear some of the clues in her disappearance may have been planted."

https://au.news.yahoo.com/a/3338751...ne-was-planted-to-throw-them-off-scent/#page1

I-phone face up, placed in the grass? IMO the abductors showed more concern for her phone than her. Why would they do that? Almost like they knew she would be able to use it again.
MOO

I wonder about that flag pillow?
Was that a clue?

Wow.

These scientists and TV shows talk about Touch DNA.

But SP and her clothes and her restraints have been touched for 3 weeks in captivity.

But the fbi still doesn't seem to have any of the perps dna as of yet?

So is touch dna reliable?

Or was gloves worn everytime?

One would think they would find something even if from the vehicle. Hard to sit in a vehicle and come away with nothing on you JMO

maybe they have DNA but nothing to compare it to

A lot has been posted in this thread about "sex trafficking", and while it surely goes on world-wide on a pretty grand scale, I'm just not seeing it here. Sex trafficking is an underground operation. If I were running such an operation, I would be LIVID if my underlings or associates snatched a suburban white female SAHM resulting in nationwide attention/outcry/search/media coverage. LIVID. And the two female hispanics that SP fingered had better be in hiding across the country somewhere, because I would have their hides and then some. No "sex trafficking ring" would want anything to do with this kind of attention. And no one would buy merchandise with this kind of baggage attached. And damaged baggage at that (bruised, shaved head, branded, emaciated).

This crime was PERSONAL. Either because the two female perps share sadistic fantasies of torturing and humiliating a random female; or because one or both of them were enraged with Sherri (or someone close to her) specifically.

After the latest description that one of the female perps was old enough to have gray hair, gang initiation is not likely. That's a young person's game. It also wouldn't have gone on for 3 weeks.

Sooo.....why abduct someone, keep them for 3 weeks, then send them back in horrendous condition? I think they wanted someone ELSE close to Sherri to suffer and Sherri was the tool they used to make that happen. The sheriff talks about the brand being a "message". I think the entire sequence of events was a message. And I'm pretty sure I know who the message was meant for.

Hello,
I enjoy your posts so I'm definitely not offended just defensive, I think I used your direct quote about "shame" that's the part I wanted to defend.:peace:

Hey Iona, is there an online class for finger sitting?
Lol! Yep, but I currently am requesting a refund, because obviously it is not working!!! I am having to use all types of props, like holding my wineglass etc... The struggle is real, no doubt about it! [emoji87] [emoji85] [emoji86]

Interesting that she was pinning stuff about self-defense, guns and concealed carry holsters for women.

This has been something I've wondered too. The main photo that was circulated - pretty scenery, white and blue striped tank top - the bag she's carrying looks like it says "bride" so I thought it was a honeymoon photo which was several years ago. If so, definitely not current. I know some people don't change much over the years - people tell me I've looked the same since high school but I beg to differ - but for missing person purposes I'd want to get out recent photos with recent looking hair, etc. Obviously the wedding photos weren't current. Weird imo.

To attract more media coverage? The media love a beautiful, innocent, young damsel in distress story. They wouldn't be so interested in a casual, blurry photo of an older woman not looking their best, taken with a cheap camera phone.

I am still bewildered why 2 women would abduct a woman for 3 weeks without some guy never being mentioned at all.

Now if this was a hoax, Then wouldn't SP say some guys did it?

So obviously; This could mean that 1 of the woman targeted Sherri by accident.

And they released her once they realized that she was not the one that they were suppose to kidnap. Jmo.

so... the kidnappers were confused for 22 long days???

When you click on that link, T Cash will show as username, but if you look at the URL official name is still spapini >> https://www.pinterest.com/spapini/?

The Secret Squirrel board followed by KP Tcash (the other account) is quite particular.

What an intriguing name for someone to *choose* that just went through an abduction and Ransom offering for cash

:dunno:

A lot has been posted in this thread about "sex trafficking", and while it surely goes on world-wide on a pretty grand scale, I'm just not seeing it here. Sex trafficking is an underground operation. If I were running such an operation, I would be LIVID if my underlings or associates snatched a suburban white female SAHM resulting in nationwide attention/outcry/search/media coverage. LIVID. And the two female hispanics that SP fingered had better be in hiding across the country somewhere, because I would have their hides and then some. No "sex trafficking ring" would want anything to do with this kind of attention. And no one would buy merchandise with this kind of baggage attached. And damaged baggage at that (bruised, shaved head, branded, emaciated).

This crime was PERSONAL. Either because the two female perps share sadistic fantasies of torturing and humiliating a random female; or because one or both of them were enraged with Sherri (or someone close to her) specifically.

After the latest description that one of the female perps was old enough to have gray hair, gang initiation is not likely. That's a young person's game. It also wouldn't have gone on for 3 weeks.

Sooo.....why abduct someone, keep them for 3 weeks, then send them back in horrendous condition? I think they wanted someone ELSE close to Sherri to suffer and Sherri was the tool they used to make that happen. The sheriff talks about the brand being a "message". I think the entire sequence of events was a message. And I'm pretty sure I know who the message was meant for.

No, according to the FBI, damaging/starving people is typical

Physical Indicators

Injuries from beatings or weapons
Signs of torture (e.g., cigarette burns)
Brands or scarring, indicating ownership
Signs of malnourishment

https://leb.fbi.gov/2011/march/human-sex-trafficking

3. her cell phone was found with the earphones coiled and placed on top, phone screen facing up

Excellent addition; thanks! :)

Minor difference, but I'd use the quote:

3) Bosenko also revealed on The Today Show Wednesday that Papini's phone and earbuds -- the only clue in her disappearance -- appeared to be neatly placed on the ground rather than lost in a struggle, with the screen facing up and the earbuds loosely wrapped around the phone.
[url]http://www.redding.com/news/local/LIVE-COVERAGE-Sheriff-holds-press-conference-on-Papini-case-403839216.html[/URL]

Ah, maybe it was my phrasing - I meant that if you're posting respectfully then you would feel absolutely no shame if your view/theory didn't happen to pan out.

And the alternate is definitely true if you're not posting respectfully - I know this because it happened to me.

That's all I meant - it was just an extension of suggesting respectful posting :)

No shirt, no shoes, no shame!:shame:

Lol! Yep, but I currently am requesting a refund, because obviously it is not working!!! I am having to use all types of props, like holding my wineglass etc... The struggle is real, no doubt about it! [emoji87] [emoji85] [emoji86]

It IS late enough in the day for wine. Excellent observation. Happily joining you.

For those saying this abduction was intended to send a message, doesn't three weeks seem like an abnormally long time to hold someone for that purpose?

I just can't make logical sense of literally ANY theory surrounding this case. None whatsoever.

Wine. Yes indeed.

Maybe...I don't know the details of his 30-yr record in Shasta County, but do realize he's an elected official. If he has any questionable tendencies, I would hope he'd have been voted out earlier on (though also appreciate the fact that that doesn't always play out). Being an elected public official who is also invested in doing good police work may well account for his careful statements right now, with so much local, strong opinion about the case.

Did you notice that he's also the coroner of the county?

http://www.co.shasta.ca.us/index/sheriff_index/divisions/coroner.aspx

http://www.counties.org/county-office/sheriff-coroner

The Sheriff has three primary duties: keep the peace (e.g., make arrests, respond to calls); attend the courts (e.g., superior court bailiffs); and operate the county jail. All 58 counties in California have a Sheriff’s Department and 41 of those counties also provide for the Sheriff to assume the duties of the Coroner. The Sheriff is a constitutionally elected official. The Coroner, in those counties where the Sheriff doesn’t assume both roles, is responsible for inquiring into and determining the circumstance, manner, and cause of all violent, sudden, or unusual deaths. Some counties have independently elected Coroners and others have appointed Coroners, or Medical Examiners who perform the duties of the Coroner.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1