Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder about that flag pillow?
Was that a clue?
Wrapping a flag pillow for your husband. The flag symbolizes "freedom".
Then she is abducted within short order and held captive for 3 weeks?
What are the odds?

MOO

A lot has been posted in this thread about "sex trafficking", and while it surely goes on world-wide on a pretty grand scale, I'm just not seeing it here. Sex trafficking is an underground operation. If I were running such an operation, I would be LIVID if my underlings or associates snatched a suburban white female SAHM resulting in nationwide attention/outcry/search/media coverage. LIVID. And the two female hispanics that SP fingered had better be in hiding across the country somewhere, because I would have their hides and then some. No "sex trafficking ring" would want anything to do with this kind of attention. And no one would buy merchandise with this kind of baggage attached. And damaged baggage at that (bruised, shaved head, branded, emaciated).

This crime was PERSONAL. Either because the two female perps share sadistic fantasies of torturing and humiliating a random female; or because one or both of them were enraged with Sherri (or someone close to her) specifically.

After the latest description that one of the female perps was old enough to have gray hair, gang initiation is not likely. That's a young person's game. It also wouldn't have gone on for 3 weeks.

Sooo.....why abduct someone, keep them for 3 weeks, then send them back in horrendous condition? I think they wanted someone ELSE close to Sherri to suffer and Sherri was the tool they used to make that happen. The sheriff talks about the brand being a "message". I think the entire sequence of events was a message. And I'm pretty sure I know who the message was meant for.

Yeah, this is how I am beginning to think also
I have a gut feeling that someone very close knows the exact reason this happened
I believe it is one reason that we are not hearing anything from anyone regarding capturing the criminal at all costs
I believe the whole truth will never be exposed
It is just going to quietly go away

Never saw the abductors face
SUV was none of the ones captured on vid
Not much to go on for LE

Is it still the case that no one has seen SP except KP and LE? Not her parents, not his parents, not her sister?

IIRC her sister Sheila mentioned on the press conference that they were reunited and it was joyous.

See also: Mike / Irony, and Mike / History.
I couldn't find what you were saying, but the KP page follows a TON of gun, knives, tactical gear, survival, sniper boards. Not that it's relevant, just...interesting

"Authorities investigating the alleged kidnap and torture of Sherri Papini fear some of the clues in her disappearance may have been planted."

https://au.news.yahoo.com/a/3338751...ne-was-planted-to-throw-them-off-scent/#page1

I-phone face up, placed in the grass? IMO the abductors showed more concern for her phone than her. Why would they do that? Almost like they knew she would be able to use it again.
MOO

Or like her Pinterest being transferred to another name rather just ignored or even deleted. Who cares about Pinterest boards after going through something like this? But transferring it is purposely keeping it so that you can use it again or so it seems. Idk it just seems an odd thing to do right now.

ETA: Adding that I'm not saying SP did this. As a matter of fact, I don't believe she's the one who changed her boards.

Did you notice that he's also the coroner of the county?

http://www.co.shasta.ca.us/index/sheriff_index/divisions/coroner.aspx

http://www.counties.org/county-office/sheriff-coroner

The Sheriff has three primary duties: keep the peace (e.g., make arrests, respond to calls); attend the courts (e.g., superior court bailiffs); and operate the county jail. All 58 counties in California have a Sheriff’s Department and 41 of those counties also provide for the Sheriff to assume the duties of the Coroner. The Sheriff is a constitutionally elected official. The Coroner, in those counties where the Sheriff doesn’t assume both roles, is responsible for inquiring into and determining the circumstance, manner, and cause of all violent, sudden, or unusual deaths. Some counties have independently elected Coroners and others have appointed Coroners, or Medical Examiners who perform the duties of the Coroner.
No, I think the second document describes the operations for which the sheriff's office is responsible. Not that the sheriff himself personally does all these jobs.

Excellent addition; thanks! :)

Minor difference, but I'd use the quote:

3) Bosenko also revealed on The Today Show Wednesday that Papini's phone and earbuds -- the only clue in her disappearance -- appeared to be neatly placed on the ground rather than lost in a struggle, with the screen facing up and the earbuds loosely wrapped around the phone.
http://www.redding.com/news/local/L...ress-conference-on-Papini-case-403839216.htmlhttp://www.redding.com/news/local/L...ress-conference-on-Papini-case-403839216.html

possible addition for #4?
The Stacy Smart missing flyer was distributed for the first time on 11/2/16, the same day Sherri was reported missing

I'm never going to catch up. Ok, I promised a new poll when there was a new thread. So here goes. Two things we have a lot of debate on is who and why.

Poll (these are in no particular order):

Who do you think is behind SP's abduction?

1. Human traffickers
2. Gang/Cartel members
3. Someone who knows her or her family/someone she knows*
4. Random stalkers
5. None of the above (expand if not against TOS)*

What motivating factors were involved?

A. Personal reasons against SP/her family (revenge/anger/jealously, etc.)
B. Desire for ransom money
C. Hate Crime
D. Money laundering operation
E. Drugs were involved
F. Initiation into a gang was involved
G. The sex industry was involved

*Please remember WS rules when answering and do NOT name anyone specific

5 and H (H = None of the above).

This crime was PERSONAL. Either because the two female perps share sadistic fantasies of torturing and humiliating a random female; or because one or both of them were enraged with Sherri (or someone close to her) specifically.

After the latest description that one of the female perps was old enough to have gray hair, gang initiation is not likely. That's a young person's game. It also wouldn't have gone on for 3 weeks.

Sooo.....why abduct someone, keep them for 3 weeks, then send them back in horrendous condition? I think they wanted someone ELSE close to Sherri to suffer and Sherri was the tool they used to make that happen. The sheriff talks about the brand being a "message". I think the entire sequence of events was a message. And I'm pretty sure I know who the message was meant for.
In statement after statement, the sheriff has said they're still looking for a motive. So, if the branding was a message, they don't seem to know what it means or who it was for. <modsnip>

Or like her Pinterest being transferred to another name rather just ignored or even deleted. Who cares about Pinterest boards after going through something like this? But transferring it is purposely keeping it so that you can use it again or so it seems. Idk it just seems an odd thing to do right now.

That Pinterest board is... I mean, if I spent as much time on Pinterest as SP obviously has, then it may be more in the forefront of my mind. And I imagine if I had spent THAT much time compiling things, I wouldn't want it deleted.

I have a feeling the "cultural differences" and "alter ego" boards were simply set to secret. The reason for doing so being that they both absolutely held things that made it look like perhaps she was the author of the 2003 blog post which... yeah.

The last poll posted

I have to go with none of the above
Can't expand on that at the moment
I am very uncomfortable with all of the information I am trying to assimilate

possible addition for #4?
The Stacy Smart missing flyer was distributed for the first time on 11/2/16, the same day Sherri was reported missing

Hmm. Can you elaborate on that? Did every Shasta County resident get it in the mail or something?

Why does Keith care so much whether unknown people on the internet believe them. I'd have thought they had much more important things in their lives right now than monitoring their story online.

I think anyone would care quite a bit if their family member had suffered so intensely and continued to be the subject of extreme criticism, suspicion and wild rumors. I would certainly feel protective and enraged.

I can't catch up. I'm bothered by the use of words in the KP interview. Particularly "fighting back Nausea" and the "revulsion" remarks while describing his first sight of his wife. Also the lament regarding her "signature long hair". If s beloved family member of mine has been found alive after 3 weeks of being missing, well they could be covered in feces and worms and you know what? They would be the most beautiful sight. I think that whomever took her was attacking KP directly, and the message was to him personally because they knew how much her looks mean to him. Jmo, moo. So to me this points to a personal attack. The other scenario I am feeling is totally against the rules. I will wait to see what happens. Off to work. Back in 3 hours.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Per KP, Sherri's thoughts on why no one would stop.

"Well, maybe people aren’t stopping because I have a chain that looks like I broke out of prison,’ so she tried to tuck in her chain under her clothes.”

http://people.com/crime/investigato...-motive-behind-sherri-papini-kidnapping-case/

WHAT???
That would not be my first thought.

MOO

Poor Sherri. :( If sex trafficking was one of the motives, it doesn't mean they trafficked her. They may have been preparing her for it and all the publicity prevented them from moving forward. That would explain the chains, beatings and the branding. I pray she wasn't raped...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In statement after statement, the sheriff has said they're still looking for a motive. So, if the branding was a message, they don't seem to know what it means or who it was for. <modsnip>

Its possible that the sheriff has no idea what the message means, just as he says
That does not mean that someone else doesn't understand it
No one here knows, its an opinion, a feeling

JMO

"Authorities investigating the alleged kidnap and torture of Sherri Papini fear some of the clues in her disappearance may have been planted."

https://au.news.yahoo.com/a/3338751...ne-was-planted-to-throw-them-off-scent/#page1

I-phone face up, placed in the grass? IMO the abductors showed more concern for her phone than her. Why would they do that? Almost like they knew she would be able to use it again.
MOO

So people would immediately know she had been kidnapped. JMO.

I find it refreshing that the family seem to be keeping off SM. As oppose to, say, the DeOrr Kunz case where his parents seemed to spend all their time arguing with people on SM rather than looking for their kid, which just made people even more suspicious of them...

There have been some nasty things posted on SM about SP, and I say good on her family for rising above it and keeping a dignified silence. Arguing with people online would just inflame the situation even more. MOO.

Yep, KP appears on MSM sites, and so far I haven't noted any that any of those he is interviewing with allow comments under their Publications.

No, I think the second document describes the operations for which the sheriff's office is responsible. Not that the sheriff himself personally does all these jobs.

No, I didn't think he performed all the jobs, but it sounds like he would sign off on an autopsy, including manner of death.

I was thinking of one death in Santa Clara County years ago when LE and the coroner did not agree to manner of death. LE thought suicide, coroner said murder. It was an elderly woman and her husband was arrested for her murder. Found not guilty in court. He sued the County and I think he won about $5 million. Good for him.

&#10084;&#65039; I always stand with you, Shy.

And I thank everyone who responded so positively to that post. I couldn't respond after I'd posted it, as I had a mini meltdown haha! But thank you to one and all for your kind words.

Sorry about the 'mini meltdown' One reason I think you are so brave is because I KNOW talking about it can trigger flashbacks but on a positive note it can also 'trigger' another level of healing. ( In the interest of honesty, mine was not a 'violent' act per say, it was prolonged child abuse lasting about 15 years).

I had EMDR therapy and it was a wonderful piece in my healing. Just wanted to put that out there for you :)

Peace and love &#10084;&#65039;

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member