Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nose broken when tossed from car-- from preview of KP's 20/20 interview

http://abc7chicago.com/news/sherri-...lling-details-about-wifes-kidnapping/1634557/

Not sure why you're sure her nose was broken when she exited from the kidnapper's car. I haven't seen any info anywhere stating that "fact."

No, we don't know the extent of her injuries. It's possible, I guess, they're even worse than what her husband itemized and LE didn't refute.

Her not staying in a hospital doesn't mean much of anything, except perhaps a need to not be near strangers of any kind, which after her ordeal, I can easily imagine would be the case.

THAT is who I thought was purporting to be the FIL but Redcliff says he is not the FIL. The only FIL I know of of SP is Kenneth Papini. Ask Redcliff, I guess.........JMO

I scoured RR's FB back at the start. He is apparently the long time boyfriend, decades long, of Keith's mother.

ETA===been awhile so now I cant remember for sure whose boyfriend he was.

THAT is who I thought was purporting to be the FIL but Redcliff says he is not the FIL. The only FIL I know of of SP is Kenneth Papini. Ask Redcliff, I guess.........JMO
I believe redcliff said kp's parents split when he was young, perhaps RR is his stepfather.

❤

For as long as I have been interested in crimes and cases like this, I've been applying my all time favorite tool to decide and understand just what is going on. I've written about it at length many times. Here's the sum of it, Occam's Razor:

https://simple.wikipedia.org/wiki/Occam's_razor

One of the other people on this planet that I admire so much and consider her opinion to hold a lot of good solid common sense is Judge Judy. Judge Judy says this: "Well, first of all the most important thing about the truth is, if it doesn't make sense it's probably not true. So you start with that as a premise. If it doesn't make sense to your common sense its usually not true."

Have a wonderful day.
Great Post! Thank you.
Judge Judy rocks[emoji4]

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

CG said "we don't care about justice" in his video plea.
http://www.redding.com/news/local/Negotiator-posts-video-to-find-Sherri-Papini-402089545.html

He also basically promised on the ransom offer website (since taken down) that law enforcement would not get any info from him. And warns LE not to hassle him about it either.

Thats a bit different from saying he just lets LE handle the justice process. In fact it sounds kind of obstructive of that process-- and proud of it.

Context is important. He's directing his statements to the abductor. He's telling them that he's not law enforcement. All he wants is to get Sherri back. Isn't it obvious he's trying to persuade the abductor to deal with him?

From the article:

Then Gamble speaks into the camera as if he’s talking to an abductor. “I don’t know your motive. I don’t know who you are, where you’re going, where you’re from. I don’t care. I simply care about getting Sherri back,” Gamble says. He said the reward offer is a one-time opportunity that expires soon. Gamble also says he working independently and is not involved with local law enforcement nor the FBI. “We don’t care about justice. We simply care about Sherri,” he says.

Do you really think Gamble does not want justice for the Papinis?

I find it surprising that the info given so far is about the captivity and release and not the actual abduction. For public safety I would think knowing how they abducted her is a crucial detail.
Here's what the sheriff (and all LE) advises for all people out and about: be aware of your surroundings and stay alert. If you're going to be out running/hiking by yourself, especially if it's not in high traffic areas where lots of other people are around, let someone know of your plans and where you are planning to go. This is important in case you get injured and need assistance. Use good common sense. Take your cell phone. Don't go out jogging after dark in some remote area (esp if you're a woman jogging alone).

IMO, there's nothing else about the details of this case that is going to assist anyone preventing crime occurring to themselves or a loved one. If someone approaches you and they are brandishing a weapon, then it's important to learn what to do.

The truth about the SP case is people are just really curious and it drives most crazy not to know every detail of the case. The public isn't entitled to know everything that occurred in this case just because they got involved in following it.

Okay that last statement he made about , "No money exchanging hands," made me pause. Why didn't he just say , "No money was exchanged?" I feel like his answer may have been a little tweaked. I could totally be wrong though. And I'm not angry at the man. I don't know how I could be, since Sherri is alive and home. I don't think the results would've been the same if he hadn't joined the picture- whether he paid the money or not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
BBM

I guess you'll have to explain to me the difference. I sure don't see it. :-\

And I don't understand why the implication is of him using the term her 'signature blonde hair'----does it somehow imply he was involved or she was faking the abduction/beatings? I don't understand what the meaning behind the criticism is .

I thought it was as though her hair has special significance, Imo, more than just hair. He kind of singled this out about her, making me wonder why, does it contribute to motive? Jmo

I was one of the posters who brought up that he used the term "signature long blonde hair". I wasn't pointing out that it was a strange way of putting it or anything, just that the way he phrased it seemed to emphasize its importance to him. It seems to be something he really loved about her and that she really loved about herself. I may be misinterpreting it, but that's how it seemed to me. And if that's the case, it could be a clue to how personal the attack was.
JMO.

I scoured RR's FB back at the start. He is apparently the long time boyfriend, decades long, of Keith's mother.

ETA===been awhile so now I cant remember for sure whose boyfriend he was.

Yes. Sorry I called him the father in law. They've just been together so long it was easier for me to explain him that way. He is not Keith's biological father. I don't know if he's married to Keith's mother by common law, if they live together or if that's even relative in California.

This case just gets more confusing by the minute.

Especially reading all the "insider" information from people that allegedly know the family. I'm keeping up with threads elsewhere too and they all seem to contradict each other.

Ken P. is not KP's FIL. He is his biological father. KP's biological mom and dad have been divorced many years despite the DailyMail's atrocious reporting which even has the mother's name and the date of KP/SP's marriage wrong. Other than postThanks redcliffs thanking people, the rest of the family is letting KP do all the talking about SP's horrific treatment for the most part, which seems only proper.

Thank's Redcliff. I miss read the DM. They say he's SP's FIL. Is that true?

I did the LinkedIn on CG, ended up in a bunch of barely breathing websites that really provided no concrete info on this man's background. I'm chasing my tail...

Hmm. I tried it a little while ago and it contained quite a bit of personal information.

You guys...

KP and his family and especially his wife, have been bullied on social media since her return. People are saying and writing things like they are scammers, crooks, perpetuating a hoax, etc.

THAT is why he's speaking out publicly. He's trying to tell all the media, social media, and true crime followers & bullies and doubting Thomas'/Thomasinas about the physical bruises he saw on his wife as a way of saying, "yes she really was abducted!"

The police do not concern themselves with rumor-mongering or social media crap. So a victim and their family are left on their own to deal with fallout on social media.

Instead of staying off all social media, ignoring all the crap flung at them, and just staying silent, KP is speaking out. Not because of the police or what the police are doing in the case. But because they are being bullied.

In your opinion. Respectfully, unless you know them personally and they have appointed you their personal spokesperson you cannot speak for them. This can be said of all of us. There is fact, and then there is opinion.

BBM

I think that's a mischaracterization. Based on Gamble's public statements, he makes rescuing a victim his priority. He lets LE handle bringing the perps to justice. At least, that's how I understand it. As for the video, yes, he's an entrepreneur who, in addition to believing he made a difference in this case, probably hopes it gives his business/ministry more exposure. Personally, I highly doubt it had anything to do with Sherri's release. I did note that he said no money ever changed hands. So, he's confirming that no ransom was paid.

I understood why the family would do WHATEVER it took to facilitate Sherri's return, including working with Gamble.

What bothers me is that he's now using Sherri's abduction to market his service, as if that service (which did indeed revolve around a ransom with no consequences, against advice of LE) was a factor in Sherri's release. As far as we know, Gamble has no evidence as to why Sherri was released.

Anyway, I respect your take on it, but see it differently. We can just agree to disagree in characterizing the appropriateness of that interview/advertisement; no problem.

Snip:
The letter, posted on SherriPapini.com says, "I am willing to pay you whatever way you can creatively think about where you feel safe and where nothing can be tracked to you." The letter continues, "I will not communicate with the police, Sheriff's Department regarding any details about this offer."

The website links to the official Find Sherri Papini Facebook page, Twitter, and account. It also links to news articles about her disappearance.

When we spoke with Sherri Papini's husband, Keith Papini, he was insistent that this letter is true and says he has spoken with the anonymous source's spokesperson, Cameron Gamble. KRCR News Channel 7's Mike Mangas also spoke with Gamble and plans to speak with him on camera about the letter, Friday morning.

Gamble said there is no dollar amount in the reward because they're not putting a worth on Sherri's life. Gamble added the objective is to offer a reward ransom for the person or persons that have Sherri and that this is a time for the person to come forward without consequences.

http://www.krcrtv.com/news/local/sh...sherri-papini-website-offers-reward/168229851

In your opinion. Respectfully, unless you know them personally you cannot speak for them. No one can.
KP made a comment somewhere about the accusations that have been made to them or about them on social media. I didn't speak for them. KP is speaking for them.

Okay that last statement he made about , "No money exchanging hands," made me pause. Why didn't he just say , "No money was exchanged?" I feel like his answer may have been a little tweaked. I could totally be wrong though. And I'm not angry at the man. I don't know how I could be, since Sherri is alive and home. I don't think the results would've been the same if he hadn't joined the picture- whether he paid the money or not.

Did he "join the picture" or script, cast, direct, and produce it? I have to say I am wondering. I think we will know more in the coming days. This is not to deny that there are real victims, SP included. My opinion is that the real victims are the legitimate organizations that help sex trafficking victims--and the women themselves. That's who would have lost if people started sending their money to CG, in my opinion.

He defends Keith and it's a red flag? I'll bet, if he stayed silent, there'd be someone who'd make that an issue. "Why isn't someone defending Keith?" Know what I mean? Seriously, this family cannot win. :(

It was a red flag to me because of what he said but I can't post what I remember because I don't have links. For me, it would have been better to remain silent. But, that's me... I can't speak for anyone else.

In your opinion. Respectfully, unless you know them personally and they have appointed you their personal spokesperson you cannot speak for them. This can be said of all of us. MOO.

Looks to me that Madeleine was not "speaking for them" but was just voicing her opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AussyDog