Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Her hair was chopped not shaved and the sister and KP saw her in the hospital

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Where did it come from that the cord was wrapped around the phone? Obviously that was not true.
I spent a lot of time thinking about that little detail, and now it turns out to be false.

So now it sounds like the phone was tossed, and not placed. Durn media.

It came from the sheriff himself! (Loosely coiled and placed on the screen) About 2:00 in
http://www.today.com/video/abducted-mom-sherri-papini-s-husband-she-has-been-branded-820762179981
Eta: Keith states the headphones were near the phone; 'riff states loosely coiled and placed on screen

Upthread, somewhere, :dunno: there was discussion and questions as to the origin of SP being called supermom. I recalled first I heard of it was from the family on interview... here it is.

https://ww w.youtube.com/watch?v=f8QBYrb3gN4

I hate that term and wish they had never used it. Who's to say what a "supermom" is or isn't? Seems like when that term is thrown around, the person in question is always white and pretty and middle to upper-middle class, like no woman in any other demographic can possibly be a supermom.

From the article:
"Next to her phone, Keith found Sherri’s headphones, which he said were tangled with strands of her blond hair."

Where did it come from that the cord was wrapped around the phone? Obviously that was not true.
I spent a lot of time thinking about that little detail, and now it turns out to be false.

So now it sounds like the phone was tossed, and not placed. Durn media.

I don't see where it says it was tossed, only that it had strands of her hair. I believe the sheriff was quoted as saying the phone had seemed to have been placed gently on the ground. I will try to find the source of that.

Just wanted to put the polygraph debate to rest.

Bosenko says Papini was not given a polygraph test.
“Under California law if they are victims of a crime you basically can’t ask that,” he says, adding, “But her husband Keith he did volunteer for a poly and he came in a week or so after this started going on and he came in for a poly and passed the poly.”

Link:
https://www.google.com/amp/people.c...rly-november-disappearance/amp/?client=safari

KP says her hair was chopped above the shoulders. Not shaved or hacked off up to her ears. What was the point?

Maybe they were originally trying to disguise her, but didn't want to cut all of it off.

Still answers a lot of questions. Well now we know who dropped the kids off at daycare. And it wasn't Keith like many had speculated.

It also answers those critics who suggested LE had no sense of urgency.

Bosenko said they followed up on more than 400 tips, none of which led them to Sherri. “The investigators had basically been working three weeks straight, nonstop -- pouring their heart and souls into this investigation. But so far, no viable leads,” said Bosenko.

It also answers those critics who suggested LE had no sense of urgency.

Bosenko said they followed up on more than 400 tips, none of which led them to Sherri. “The investigators had basically been working three weeks straight, nonstop -- pouring their heart and souls into this investigation. But so far, no viable leads,” said Bosenko.

Well the stuff about the leads, and LE working through the holidays has been stated before. I hadn't heard about the morning KP left and the last time he saw Sherri.

I saw a great article from Pat Brown on SP. She is a criminal profiler.
I'm not sure if I can link it though. I know she has been on CNN and HLN in the past, but it is her "blog" and we can't link to blogs.

A Google search of her name with SP'S name should bring up the article in the first spot.

I hate that term and wish they had never used it. Who's to say what a "supermom" is or isn't? Seems like when that term is thrown around, the person in question is always white and pretty and middle to upper-middle class, like no woman in any other demographic can possibly be a supermom.
Agree so much!!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

So so so bizarre that people are getting bent out of shape over a family talking nicely about their family member who had gone missing.

God forbid, if my mom or wife had gone missing, and I was asked about who she was, I would think one of the things I would say about each is that they were a great mom or terrific mom or wonderful mom or whatever adjective along those lines came to mind. These folks used super. So what? They were talking about and focused on Sherri no one else. Someone who they love and care for and who had gone missing and they feared for and wanted people to help find her. I can't imagine under those circumstances that they were trying to make a statement about other mothers.

That someone would take personal offense or get bent out of shape over the use of that word or attack the family for using that word, says a lot more about that person, than it does about the family.

Good article with what appears to be original and new information vs. rehash.

I had thought from the sheriff I heard with my own ears that one woman released her, but it appears "they" released her so :confused: on which is correct.

Keith said his wife told him that at some point her alleged captors stopped the vehicle on a road.

“They opened the door. She doesn't know because she had a bag over her head. They cut something to free her of her restraint that was holding her into the vehicle and then pushed her out of the vehicle,” Keith said.

According to Keith, Sherri said her captors then drove away.

“Sherri obviously has one free hand that still has some kind of, something like a hose clamp if you will, and then took obviously the bag off of her head,” Keith said. “She, at this point, has no idea where she's at, and gets up and basically tries to find help, runs to a house that didn't have any lights on, and didn't look what she said was very inviting, looked scary, and obviously if you could imagine her state of mind at this point.”

Keith continued, “There was a junkyard or some kind of yard or something like that that she tried to get into and a big dog started barking and scared her, and then she went and familiarized herself with where she was at by standing in the overpass and noticed I-5 symbols and she knew that I-5 North is where we live. Anything past our house, you're up in Mount Shasta area.”

Maybe they were originally trying to disguise her, but didn't want to cut all of it off.

I was thinking the same thing. Now that I think about it, even if Sherri wasn't sexually assaulted (unknown at this time), she was violated in so many different ways. Good Lord. :(

That would imply that they have empathy. Yet they beat the heck out of her.
I wonder why they didn't take all of it.
MOO

Maybe they cut it so it wouldn't get tangled in her chains at her waist? But I agree they may not have wanted to cut it all off. I think they still wanted her to have good length hair as a marketable asset, JMO.

I saw a great article from Pat Brown on SP. She is a criminal profiler.
I'm not sure if I can link it though. I know she has been on CNN and HLN in the past, but it is her "blog" and we can't link to blogs.

A Google search of her name with SP'S name should bring up the article in the first spot.

Thank you! This was excellent.

So so so bizarre that people are getting bent out of shape over a family talking nicely about their family member who had gone missing.

God forbid, if my mom or wife had gone missing, and I was asked about who she was, I would think one of the things I would say about each is that they were a great mom or terrific mom or wonderful mom or whatever adjective along those lines came to mind. These folks used super. So what? They were talking about and focused on Sherri no one else. Someone who they love and care for and who had gone missing and they feared for and wanted people to help find her. I can't imagine under those circumstances that they were trying to make a statement about other mothers.

That someone would take personal offense or get bent out of shape over the use of that word or attack the family for using that word, says a lot more about that person, than it does about the family.

You misunderstood me.
The issue isn't the family. The family can describe her however they want. But then it's the media latching on to the term and using it in headline after headline. The media is the "they" I was referring to.

Meanwhile they give little to no coverage of the many other mothers who bad things happen to, who go missing or are murdered, simply based on what they look like or how much money they have.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cassie.ryan18