Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #14

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope you're not suggesting they were involved in a hoax. As for Keith treading carefully, remember the sheriff did publicly take him to task for talking about the branding. So, it's possible he's hesitant about revealing certain facts. It's not only possible, it seems probable.

I don't see anyone suggesting that.

Jmo

This is what makes me wonder if SP was catfished in some way (not necessarily romantic..possibly related to online selling). Maybe evidence was found on their computer that she had been communicating with someone online and planning to meet...or gave away information about where she lives. Something as innocent as meeting a "woman" who wanted to buy her kids clothes...or sell her something so they planned to meet up for the transaction. If (for purpose of speculation only...there has been NO info released to suggest this) it was a romantic connection, all of the supermom, perfect family information and lack of info about how she was taken would make sense, JMOO.
BBM. Apparently her whole family knew she was alive and out of the area very shortly after she went missing. I don't know what led them to believe that, but it surely came from some family knowledge about something or someone.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

KP had the presence of mind to take photos of SP phone while it was on the ground? I'd just pick it up.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I struggle to understand how he immediately knew that she was abducted at that early point. If the phone was on top of a friend's car that picked her up to go somewhere it could have flown off the car and ended up there. Or she may have dropped it and didnt know it.

He indicated on the 2020 show that he was very convinced she was abducted and he was trying to make sure LE knew it too. Paraphrasing from what I remember from the show.

I struggle putting myself in that position and being that sure that my spouse was abducted from what little was known. I do think I would have looked for my spouse longer and make some more phone calls to other people and wait at home for some time before I would go to the worst case scenerio.

I struggle how he knew from so little time of getting home and her just not being there and finding that phone. If there was not any other evidence that someone abducted her then what made him so convinced that that was what happened.

Maybe there was something else we are not privy to.

Major news organizations take great pains to verify information. More so because they have a reputation to uphold. False or misleading information is anathema to them. Major news organizations also have the financial resources to do the job. I believe, based on what I've read, that ABC News would have in-house tools and, if necessary, would hire consultants or outside experts to "vet" social media content. It would be a shock if they did not, in this day and age. So, the reporter is asserting that ABC News put the blog through the vetting process. He shared the results. I don't see a reason to be skeptical at this point.
You have a lot more faith in our media than I do. I think just from following these cases, most of us have seen sloppy reporting, inconsistent statements even within the same article, incorrect "facts" reported once, then picked up and reported by other news organizations, etc. The traditional news outlets have shrunk tremendously due to the rise of the Internet and social media; they don't have anywhere near the resources that they used to have to investigate stories. They barely vet stories about major politicians, they certainly aren't going to waste time and money digging into a decade old blog by a missing housewife from the-middle-of-nowhere, CA. (Presuming it's even possible to find out who authored an online article a decade ago on a defunct website.)

But if it was a prank, the prankster got a whole lot more mileage out of it than they expected!

Why did KP take photos of the phone to preserve the evidence? Did he pick up the phone and root through it? Maybe he foud something in the phone and relayed it to the family? Maybe thats why they were all reaching out for her to be brought back home from day 1. Her sister and KP's both plea for her to be brought back but dont look overly upset... odd!
He never said he picked up the phone. If he rooted through it, LE would know after examining the phone. If there were incriminating texts or messages, LE would know because they've analyzed the phone. Keith made his life an open book, based on what the sheriff reported early on. I find the implication that he's trying to hide something baseless.

Anyone notice that Keith said "my wife" and did not use her name in the interview?

Why would Matt G send out a rather harsh-sounding tweet after interviewing KP? Matt was very professional and remained neutral in the interview... just doesn't sound like he would issue that tweet. But then everything about this case is strange.

Presumably, people are generally "cautious" when it comes to personal safety, at least to some degree. But this was a rare, violent crime with some sort of specific luring or ruse to abduct the victim. People need to know. Jmojmojmojmojmo

The violence done against Sherri, a human being, demonstrates such a horrifying level of depravity and capacity for evil, that even if she were targeted for some specific reason, these monsters are someone's neighbors, co-workers, acquaintances. Imagine them in your proximity. No one is safe with *---- like this running around. And I don't believe for a second that they are working alone.

You have a lot more faith in our media than I do. I think just from following these cases, most of us have seen sloppy reporting, inconsistent statements even within the same article, incorrect "facts" reported once, then picked up and reported by other news organizations, etc. The traditional news outlets have shrunk tremendously due to the rise of the Internet and social media; they don't have anywhere near the resources that they used to have to investigate stories. They barely vet stories about major politicians, they certainly aren't going to waste time and money digging into a decade old blog by a missing housewife from the-middle-of-nowhere, CA. (Presuming it's even possible to find out who authored an online article a decade ago on a defunct website.)

But if it was a prank, the prankster got a whole lot more mileage out of it than they expected!

I understand. But I also see no reason for the reporter to lie. That he actually provides some information that had not been released before does suggest they did their due diligence.

Her car was at home and their kids hadn't been picked up from day care. He tracked her phone and found it by the side of the road not far from their house. Of coursr he thought she'd been taken against her will.

(Forgot to quote. This was in response to Hatfield​)

So, Keith and Sherri are trying to hide something? Or what?

I don't know! These are just unanswered questions that I want to point out. When KP provided his guesses about how KP and the women came in contact with each other, I wish the reporter would have asked him why he had to guess.

Presumably, people are generally "cautious" when it comes to personal safety, at least to some degree. But this was a rare, violent crime with some sort of specific luring or ruse to abduct the victim. People need to know. Jmojmojmojmojmo

I hear you. If there was another instance or two of the same m.o. being used in the area, then, yes, I'd expect the sheriff to warn us. If this was unique, then maybe not. I don't know.

My thoughts on the interview:

1. We got no real answers, and a whole lot more questions.

2. There are 101 things that still don't add up.

3. The over emotional things (like tucking a blanket in and pretending it was her child :thinking:) didn't sit right with me, nor did KP referring only to SP as "his wife". Something uncomfortable about both of these things.

Basically, posting my real thoughts on the situation would be against the TOS. But, to say the least, I'm still as skeptical as I was in the beginning. Maybe even more so now.

Actually the stated reasons given by ABC are reasons themselves to question their vetting. Assuming ABC sources are accurate (which they provide not citations for their sources) someone marrying and dating other races does not preclude them from having done something in their past. She could have for instance changed subsequently to 2003, but her change after 2003 wouldn't make what she did on and before 2003 'fake.' Frankly it come across as lazy on ABC's part to make the accusation of 'fake' rather than saying for instance that it doesn't currently represent her beliefs in 2016, which would be something easier to substantiate than an accusation of forgery, which their given evidence doesn't prove forgery.

Sure, we don't have an exhaustive, detailed report from ABC News about their investigation process in this case. But do we ever? I know exceptions exist. But for the most part, these reporters have proven to be reliable. So much so that they've risen in the ranks. So, unless we have reason to believe they're not telling us the truth, how about giving them the benefit of the doubt?

All I know is if I went missing and people analyzed my SM...well, I wouldn't want them too, let's say that lol

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Right. Not sure what you are getting at? That could be any type or size cloth that her captors left within arms length of her while she was shackled.

That response was for the WS'er that said it might be a bath towel or the hood she was covered with. I heard it loud and clear: DISCARDED PIECE OF CLOTH, THAT SHE ROLLED AND TUCKED TO BED, PRETENDING IT WAS HER DAUGHTER VIOLET.

I don't know! These are just unanswered questions that I want to point out. When KP provided his guesses about how KP and the women came in contact with each other, I wish the reporter would have asked him why he had to guess.

I figured he knew but wasn't allowed to say so he made up a "generic" scenario.

Anyone notice that Keith said "my wife" and did not use her name in the interview?

Why would Matt G send out a rather harsh-sounding tweet after interviewing KP? Matt was very professional and remained neutral in the interview... just doesn't sound like he would issue that tweet. But then everything about this case is strange.

BBM. It's called distancing language and is a red flag to interrogators. It's an interesting google if you're so inclined.

one speculation was made that 2 women would make her feel more at ease to approach the vehicle. Well if that did happen she would have seen them. If they had hoods on I highly doubt she would go willing with these 2 people.

Another question I have I saw the show last night and I want to know what they meant about the area they lived in having skeevy undertones even more than most people would realize. That is not a quote but paraphrased. It looked to me like a very rural nice area not too far from Redding. What did they mean by that statement? Pot farms, and let's assume it was pot farms they were talking about, how does that make it a threat to her?

10 Cities Where Violent Crime Is Soaring
Feb. 12, 2014
http://time.com/6729/10-cities-where-violent-crime-is-soaring/

5. Redding, Calif.
> 5-year increase in violent crime rate: 53.8%
> Violent crime per 100,000 (2007): 470.2
> Violent crime per 100,000 (2012): 723.4
> Murders per 100,000: 3.9

There were 1,298 violent crimes in the Redding metro area in 2012, up from 851 violent crimes in 2007. On a standardized, per 100,000 resident basis, violent crime rose more than 53% in that time. Additionally, property crimes rose by more than 50%, the most of any metro area reviewed, despite a nationwide 12.7% decline in such crimes during that time. According to the Redding Record Searchlight, some area residents believe that the area’s high crime rates may be related to marijuana cultivation. Officials in Shasta County — which makes up the Redding metro area — recently elected to ban outdoor growing, although the city of Redding is not included in the ban.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/meghanc...women-anchorage-fairbanks-flint/#5f21e8b438fe

The Most Dangerous U.S. Cities For Women

At No. 5 on the 2012 list of the most dangerous cities for women is Redding, California, where there were 797 incidences of violent crime and 65 rapes for every 100,000 citizens. For a metro area whose population is just over that number at 182,000, a total of 120 rapes occurred over 12 months. Redding, a Northern California city located in Shasta County, is also becoming proactive about rape prevention. At a recent Sexual Assault Awareness Month event, spokeswoman Jean King of the Shasta women’s Refuge noted that the county suffers twice as many sexual assaults as the rest of the state of California. "We don't want to have that in our community,” she said before continuing that by making the issue a local one she hopes to see a decline.

BBM. It's called distancing language and is a red flag to interrogators. It's an interesting google if you're so inclined.

If she was still missing, then it would be a red flag that he used distancing language towards his wife.

But since we know that he was not the one that abducted and beat her, then the potentially distancing language has a very different meaning. jmo

i posted before the interview my thoughts on KPs actions and use of weird wording to describe events based on text....after seeing the interview I still stand by my thoughts. It got deleted from this forum but Since I am not sure if I post my thoughts again on this subject if it will be deleted, I would like to say that I kind of do now wonder what Sp and KP relationship was like before.

everyone seems to think they were perfect but I am not buying that. I wonder if anyone has tried to interview the children?

i am not victim blaming here as I feel sp might have been more of a victim in a way we aren't aware of yet...but the fact he gets home and immediately goes into a frenzy to find sp and instantly turns on find my iPhone..without so much as a phone call or text first (that we know of) seems possessive and controlling and sets off alarm bells for.
Then photographs the iPhone twice?? Doesn't make sense to me at the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CP95