Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #14

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
She pretended she was tucking in her kids to bed while she was in captivity to keep strong. Rolled up a piece of clothe and pretended it was her youngest child.

This literally breaks my heart. This poor woman. I'm bawling as I type this. Good God how can people be so freaking cruel? :(

A 2.5hr drive sounds like a drive to the Sacramento area to me. JMO

Happily ever after - with some therapy?
That's my take.
I am not getting a hint that there is any fear of a future problem with the 2 women.

I agree. They let her go---why would they try to go back and take her again?

She pretended she was tucking in her kids to bed while she was in captivity to keep strong. Rolled up a piece of clothe and pretended it was her youngest child.

That is both absolutely heartbreaking AND an incredible demonstration of inner strength.

We have some very good friends who've been married almost 40 years and even though we know both of them the husband always says "my wife" rather than saying her name.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

I have a friend who always says "my husband" even though I know him. It's just a funny habit, I guess. I'm tempted to jokingly say "You mean Bob?" but I don't. :D I always refer to my husband by his name unless I'm talking to someone who doesn't know us. But everyone is different.

i'll say it again. never ever has anyone stated with complete certainty that they/ve seen sherri, other than her husband. nor any confirmation that she's been united with her children.
not LE, not her parents, not her inlaws, not the FBI. they've "spoken to her". very different...JMO...

The sheriff referenced very emotional interviews--on the part of LE and Sherri. There was an officer in the hospital, according to this interview.

I'm not sure how I feel after watching either. I had expectations that some of the "strangeness" would be explained or more details would make sense of some of the things that are off but it didnt, at all. KP was able to share a few more details but the big questions are still unanswered. Im afraid that interview is going to lead to more skepticism and criticism. KP seemed uneasy and didnt make eye contact with the interviewer alot. Im NOT questioning his honestly or judging him. My thoughts are that he might be a shy guy and he is trying to satisfy the public so they can move on and heal. I can see how some people might question his body language though.
Well that was strange- not sure how I feel. Something's up, but I don't feel it's with SP or KP. I had to laugh at "family snuggles". My family had a thing we still talk about today (at age 10 and 15). I was a SAHM and daddy coming home was a happy occasion for all (LOL) and we did "jump hugs". We had this big winding staircase and when we heard daddy coming home (we were upstairs in the playroom usually) we would all race to the stairs and the girls would fight over who got to do the "jump hug" first from the lowest landing. Even mommy did the jump hugs LMAO.

Anyway it made me chuckle when I saw him describe that because I can just imagine my husband trying to describe that to America LOL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

i'll say it again. never ever has anyone stated with complete certainty that they/ve seen sherri, other than her husband. nor any confirmation that she's been united with her children.
not LE, not her parents, not her inlaws, not the FBI. they've "spoken to her". very different...JMO...

Her sister said she has...
ETA: as well as the sheriff. He said they interviewed her at an undisclosed location...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wasn't there a second person who actually stopped when they saw her on the side of the road? The show addressed the woman who kept driving but pulled over and called 911 but no mention of anyone else.

My understanding was a second person stopped (a man?) and called the police. I've never heard that person quoted anywhere so perhaps he/she made it clear they wouldn't talk to media. (Curious: would this person who called 911 be eligible for the reward?)

I'm a little broken record player on this but----very striking to me that there is a scant amount of detail on the actual kidnapping.

Now first I was thinking it is because KP was just discussing what he lived through directly and of course he didn't witness the abduction. But then KP gave much detail on her escape and screaming for help and he wasn't there for that either....not ragging on KP because I'm struck that LE hasn't said much on it either. When someone survives being kidnapped, it's natural to wonder exactly how the kidnapping went down. What was said? Masked? Did they jump out to attack or pull her into the vehicle? Etc

Not casting aspersions on anyone involved. I just continue to be nagged by this point.

He kinda made it seem like he couldn't discuss the actual kidnapping part.

I'm searching through every channel and trying to keep up! Where is this?!?

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

So...LE still has no idea if random, or any suspects? No further along than when she vanished?

That is what I gathered from all of this.

I have a friend who always says "my husband" even though I know him. It's just a funny habit, I guess. I'm tempted to jokingly say "You mean Bob?" but I don't. :D I always refer to my husband by his name unless I'm talking to someone who doesn't know us. But everyone is different.
I know what you mean. I want to say, hey, I know your wife, we have the same name, but I don't. I guess it's just a habit people get into.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Did the women have theirs faces covered when they approached?

This is something I don't get. Wouldn't two women with covered faces be as frightening as two men? What he said made sense, but that part doesn't seem to fit.

Maybe there were other reasons.

Based solely on personal experience, I would take her 2 1/2 hour ride the first day with a little skepticism.

Without going into specifics, which I've only told 3 times (to law enforcement, my husband, and my psychiatrist); I could not judge distance or time.

However, I got a lot of specific details correct. In fact, I focused on them so that if I lived, LE could catch him. I did (live) and they did catch him.

Just my two cents.

I still believe this was a stranger abduction, probably random and my heart breaks for her.

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member