Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #14

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought that too. I think LE asked KP not to give specific details on the abduction because of the way he carefully started by saying "I can tell you..." to answer about when SP was kidnapped.

That makes sense. Maybe after the big kerfluffle about KP disclosing other details, they came to an understanding that certain aspects would not be disclosed.

I guess I missed it somewhere. I didn't realize the family had set up a go fund me page and raised $49,000. Does anyone know if the family keeps the money or if it goes to law enforcement for all the extra work they put in? I don't know how that works.

The family keeps every penny of it.

It's called being in different time zones.
I completely understand "being in different time zones" but I didn't understand how I can be in the SAME time zone and not getting real-time updates.

<modsnip>

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

I've forgot now, county road 17. Where does it terminate and intersect?

It terminates with the tiny town of Yolo and intersects with I-5.

I've lived in Sacramento my whole life and never heard of the town of Yolo. I've driven right by it a bunch of times and never knew it was there. JMO

I'll tell you exactly what I'd be doing with that money. Installing the biggest and best security system known to humankind.
They're going to view the world much differently now and forever.

i assume they keep it as it was to help support them in their crisis. I've never seen anyone use it to reimburse LE for doing what is after all (as tough as it can be) their jobs.
The money is theirs to spend, the money would be transferred into their bank account in a few days, granted they haven't done so already.

There is no obligation to repay anyone, it's all donations. The only issue they could possibly have is if they violated the terms of service and then the funds would be on hold. However, they stopped taking donations at this point so whatever they raised, I'd likely wager has been transferred to the family bank account by now.

I wonder when they covered their faces or where they drove. It doesn't seem likely that they could drive for 2.5 hours in a well trafficked area with all three heads visible and two of the heads with masks. Maybe SP was hidden below the windows and there were no masks during that first drive. <modsnip>

Maybeherheadwascoveredbythen.

The thing that stands out to me is the branding, which the husband said was not on her face on 20/20 so I'm assuming it was on her arm. LE and the husband has said it was a "message" and not necessarily a marking like you see on cows or on Holocaust survivors. They have not said what the message was nor have they given a reaction but the husband in the interview said they want to move on. That suggests to me like they know what's up and are not saying that would trigger a negative reaction from those who took her and sent a message branded on her.

I have to say the cult hypothesis doesn't feel right to me. Anyone else?

Sent from my SM-T817T using Tapatalk

It would only make sense if she was a member of a cult and she was trying to leave it, or expose it. I'm pretty sure that would have been known long ago, so I agree it sounds pretty unlikely. If they were trying to make her join the cult, I'm sure she would have told LE or KP by now.

So now that KP totally disavows any knowledge of the mysterious benefactor who hired CG, what day did LE call off the search? I'm trying to understand the timeline with her being reported as missing on the evening of 11/2 and the first public approach on 11/6 where the TV station initially refused to run the story because they couldn't verify it's authenticity. I'm trying to understand how this mysterious person would have to have immediately upon seeing the news on 11/3 known that she was alive and abducted and then gone and hired CG for him to be going to media so soon.

I hope this is ok to post here, mods. And apologies if this theory and article has already been discussed or ruled out. Anyway.
I found this article from early November during the first week when she went missing:
http://kymkemp.com/2016/11/07/two-humboldt-women-help-search-for-young-mom-believed-by-family-to-be-abducted-near-redding/

Snipped from article and BBM:

However, even if Papini disappeared in Shasta County, Totten thought it important to point out that Humboldt County residents should be aware of the situation. &#8220;Sherri did have a job over the last few years that brought her into Humboldt County,&#8221; Totten said. &#8220;She worked for a company that had a branch in Eureka. She would travel from Redding to Eureka every so often to work here for a short time.&#8221; Even though Papini no longer works for the company, that is a connection to this area, Totten said. She asks locals to be alert for anything that might relate to this case.
I wonder, in reading between the lines whether the job they are referring to her having, was/is working stints as a picker for marijuana. I mean, it is Humboldt County after all and it would answer some questions that are buzzing around, clearing up some things. More importantly, it begs wonder if some sort of retaliation between workers could've stemmed from there and that's how her abductors know her??
IMHO, it'd be a plausible reason for her disappearance if some nefarious or unsavory things were going on under wraps in the groves and she was seen as as a threat to that.
Just thinking. I could be totally off base, though.
MOO, ETC.

I'll tell you exactly what I'd be doing with that money. Installing the biggest and best security system known to humankind.
They're going to view the world much differently now and forever.

I'm wondering if they'll even go back to their house? I sure couldn't!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Happily ever after - with some therapy?
That's my take.
I am not getting a hint that there is any fear of a future problem with the 2 women.

This is what bothers me most about the 2020 show.

It was like this harrowing terrible tale and then has a happy ending and then "THE END"

How come no phone number to call with tips to catch who did this?

Where is the outrage at the perps?

I know for sure 2020 would think of adding a tip number so it almost seems like the show purposely omitted it for some reason.

Her sister mentioned that Sherri makes the nicest looking pies.

Sherri has the nicest things said about her. She has beautiful hair/makes the best pies. Every person is different in how they deal with a traumatic experience. I haven't handled mine well. I hope she knows how much she is loved by all these people that are close to her. I just want her to take her time with her family, and take the time needed to do the work to start to heal.

I hope this is ok to post here, mods. And apologies if this theory and article has already been discussed or ruled out. Anyway.
I found this article from early November during the first week when she went missing:
http://kymkemp.com/2016/11/07/two-humboldt-women-help-search-for-young-mom-believed-by-family-to-be-abducted-near-redding/

I wonder, in reading between the lines whether the job they are referring to her having, was/is working stints as a picker for marijuana. I mean, it is Humboldt County after all and it would answer some questions that are buzzing around, clearing up some things. More importantly, it begs wonder if some sort of retaliation between workers could've stemmed from there and that's how her abductors know her??
IMHO, it'd be a plausible reason for her disappearance if some nefarious or unsavory things were going on under wraps in the groves and she was seen as as a threat to that.
MOO, ETC.
IIRC her job with AT&T took her to Humboldt County.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Me either. Odd

Sent from my SM-T817T using Tapatalk
Or community concern... My heart goes out to the Papini Family, as a mother I cannot imagine the pain of being unwillingly separated from my children...
With that being said, I could not help but notice that Mr.Papini did not so much as mention or acknowledge , the other mother Stacey Smart that is also missing. It struck me as odd to say the least,
1. They are in relative close proximity.
2. The timing that both went missing was eerily close.
3. He has experienced first hand the extreme agony and now the joy of his wife's return.
4. In the midst of narrating his families ordeal on a national podium, what a perfect opportunity to at least extend kind thoughts and united hope to that family, if not all families of missing people.
These are my thoughts, my opinions. My family is a member of the "Missing Loved Ones Club", even though it has been over 20 years...
That pain, Those thoughts, that fear, for my children and yours, is never far away...

I just really wish he was with Sherri in fheir private location instead of on national tv. Who cares what people say. Take care of your SO. Don't leave her for hoiurs to go on tv. I don't feel great after 20/20. Not blaming kp .. just wish things were different

Maybe she was with her father and some trusted friends. Maybe they had security sitting with her. I am sure she was not left in a vulnerable situation. Maybe she was in the green room with security?

It just seems like he gets criticized, no matter what he does. :sigh:

MOO, ETC.
She worked as an AT &T exec. Good grief.

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member