Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #14

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Besides the $50,000 money, does anyone know if there are other confirmed monies paid to the family? For example, the UK news sites? It will be very telling IMO if the family continues to profit from this ordeal from book deals, made for TV movies, etc.

I admit to skipping a few pages of the last few threads here and there, so I apologize if this has been brought up before; I have been meaning to mention it but I keep bumping into a locked thread. :)

Cross-racial identification is known to be notoriously unreliable. I could attach a link, but if you google it, you will find a dozen scholarly articles about it on the first page of results only.

I am still not sure whether I believe Sherri is possibly protecting herself and her family by not revealing the real descriptions (or even identities) of her abductors, or she simply really doesn't have more than what LE have revealed about her captors. The latter is not possible only because they could have kept their faces or Sherri's head covered at all times, but also because (added to consciously trying to conceal their looks) of the cross-racial identification aspect of it.

JMO

But SP did not ID the ethnicity of her abductors based on what she saw of them. She ID'd them as Hispanic based on hearing them speak Spanish and hearing one of them to have a heavy accent (assuming when they spoke English). I don't speak Spanish and only know a few words but I would know if I heard Spanish speakers who had an accent when they spoke English and primarily spoke Spanish to each other that they were Hispanic. SP lives in CA where the population is of Hispanics is high so I'm confident she could tell they were Hispanic from hearing them speak. JMO.

I don't want to beat this dead horse forever, but it is very normal for reporters to use anonymous sources or honor a source's wishes. Their job is to report the what they consider to be true, not the official word of any particular entity.

I promise not to reply to any more posts on this subject.

Wondering if there would be any toll booths with cameras on the main roads that were likely traveled either on drop off day or day of abduction.

If the kidnappers had in the car for 2 1/2 hours on that first day driving then it seems the kidnappers would not be able to drive with masks on because other drivers would see them looking weird and may have called 911 on them. So the driver at least had to look fairly normal. Maybe sunglasses or something but I doubt they drove around with a mask.

Now they could have had her in the back with a hood over her head by then. But then they would probably have had to keep her head down or lay down in back because other cars passing if they saw someone with a bag over their head may call 911.

Seems pretty risky for the kidnappers to drive her in the vehicle so long.
Every minute they spent on the road is another chance of just getting pulled over for some normal reason too.

Which brings up another question. Why would the kidnappers drive
2 1/2 hours away from where they needed to go to kidnap someone?
Could this give a hint that she was definitely targeted?

one more thought, there are so many big rigs travelling the I-5, they obviously are very high off the ground and can see in to cars very easily.

The kidnappers could have been driving around and around in more or less a circular path, not actually taking SP 150mi away at the time she was first taken.

You make a good point. When I brought up that Sacramento was around a 2.5hr drive from Redding I didn't mean that they had to drive straight down I-5. They could have gone anywhere.

Sherri did eventually end up about 2.5hrs from where she was taken. But that was three weeks later. JMO

The 20/20 episode makes it seem as if KP finds SP's phone and earbuds together, but the buds were not found until days later according to several articles

Seems like a vehicle pulled up and Sherri approached the vehicle- according to Keith asked Sherri for help.

EDIT- he doesn't say this happened. He says it makes sense a pair of women would do the abducting because a 100 pound woman wouldn't approach a vehicle with two big guys in it asking for her.

To ME it basically means that's pretty much what happened.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

But why would anyone approach a vehicle with two people who were known to have kept their faces covered with only their eyes visible/faces covered???? Would she even know if they were male or female when approaching???

I'm confused.

Am I making any sense?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He added that investigators of the case are keeping an "open mind in the whole investigation."

Maybe an investigator spoke to David Lohr?

David Lohr updated his story and added the following:

“I don’t know if the words ‘ruled out’ can be used,” a staff member named Kelly at the Shasta County sheriff’s office told The Huffington Post on Friday, when asked if authorities suspected a hoax. Kelly declined to give her last name, and answered questions about the Papini case when HuffPost requested to speak to a communications officer.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry...alleged-abduction_us_5841f882e4b0c68e0480eb9f

Then how did the phone get on the ground neatly?

I can think of a few reasons. Maybe she was trying to hide it and was holding it behind her back or something, and when told to drop it, she did gently, hoping to get a chance to use it again. Maybe they held her at gunpoint and told her to drop her cell, and she gently put it down, hoping it would be found as a clue. ????

Besides the $50,000 money, does anyone know if there are other confirmed monies paid to the family? For example, the UK news sites? It will be very telling IMO if the family continues to profit from this ordeal from book deals, made for TV movies, etc.

KRCR-TVreported that the $ would most likely go to the Papini family.
The original 50k reward was taken off the table when the reverse ransom deadline passed but then CG added it to the new 50k being offered to make a total of 100k for any info leading to abductors. The money is separate I believe.

The 20/20 episode makes it seem as if KP finds SP's phone and earbuds together, but the buds were not found until days later according to several articles
In the interview tonight the sheriff specifically said the buds were found wrapped up on top of the phone as if placed there

Sent from my SM-T817T using Tapatalk

I don't want to beat this dead horse forever, but it is very normal for reporters to use anonymous sources or honor a source's wishes. Their job is to report the what they consider to be true, not the official word of any particular entity.

I promise not to reply to any more posts on this subject.
Their used to be an emoticon of a brick wall with an emoji driving a truck hitting it, It was probably eliminated via Tapatalk...
Those were the days... [emoji2]

This poor family has been through so much. I'm can imagine they would give away any future monies in exchange for SP not having to have gone through what she did.

Their used to be an emoticon of a brick wall with an emoji driving a truck hitting it, It was probably eliminated via Tapatalk...
Here, try this coffin emoji lol ⚰

Sent from my SM-T817T using Tapatalk

I can think of a few reasons. Maybe she was trying to hide it and was holding it behind her back or something, and when told to drop it, she did gently, hoping to get a chance to use it again. Maybe they held her at gunpoint and told her to drop her cell, and she gently put it down, hoping it would be found as a clue. ????

but it had the cord wrapped around it and the sheriff said it looked placed there??

I made a statement on my feelings in regards to another posters comment to me. I am very familiar with media editing, and the entire production process. Thanks anyway, have a good night...

OK, But you said you felt manipulated. And my point is that the editors have a much better chance at manipulating the viewers than the interviewee does, imo.

Come on Vlpate. You know the drill. If several articles have said this where's your link?

I don't remember hearing the earbuds were found days later. I always heard that they were found with the phone with hair tangled in them. JMO

LOL, I remember.:truce: This one will have to do instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PKBB