Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #15

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Would it be beneficial to the community if LE were to divulge the manner in which Sherri had been abducted?
I believe if the answer to that question were"yes" then LE would have divulged that information.

I would really like to know how this went down with CG as he apparently showed up very early on:
KRCR first received this letter in an email from bringsherrihome@gmail.com, sent on November 6. In that email, the anonymous source said they were willing to provide proof that they had that kind of money available and were willing to release bank statements showing such. KRCR was unable to confirm the letter was from a legitimate source, and chose not to make the letter public at that time.
http://www.krcrtv.com/news/local/sh...sherri-papini-website-offers-reward/168229851

Also Gamble himself said he was acting independently of the family while the sister said the family has no association with it:
“We are offering this reward with no strings attached," Gamble told the Record Searchlight Thursday. "We have not been talking with the police on this. We’re acting independent from the family as well.”...

Papini’s sister, Sheila Koester, said she had no knowledge about the letter and that the Papini family members had no association with the website.

“I have no idea. It’s nothing that I knew of,” she said.
http://www.redding.com/news/local/P...ffers-reward-for-missing-woman-401771575.html

Releasing bank statements while staying anonymous wouldn't have been easy. And transferring funds and opening a new account... all within four days?

Prior to Project Taken CG started Catalyst Advanced Training Group. Since there is no SM comments on it and he filed for bankruptcy in 2012, I'm guessing it didn't do well.

Note he states that he is a disabled veteran, or at least I think that us what he is stating.

https://catalystatg.wordpress.com/about

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

Thank you for allowing some more discussion of CG’s role as a consultant in this case.

First, if I may, I’d like to repeat a question I asked on an earlier thread, because I don’t think anyone posted an answer. How did CG know, in his November 22 video message to the kidnappers, that there were multiple—at least two—kidnappers? See thread 15 post 749 for some more detail on this. No one else knew until November 24.

Second, to understand CG’s present-day work, it’s interesting to note that it is based on the US military’s SERE training, as his Rotary Club bio makes clear:

http://www.directory-online.com/Rotary/Accounts/5160/Downloads/0/July 2013 news/project taken.pdf

Coincidentally, in a case chock full of coincidences, a SERE training regimen lasts … three weeks. Source follows.

https://www.army.mil/article/138765/SERE_training_develops_leaders_for_complex_environment

Wouldn't the brand reveal the motive even if Sherri didn't want to tell anyone what it was?

Is Sex Trafficking considered to be a random or targeted crime?

I feel like I just entered an alternate universe! I had the tv on while I was taking a further look at some social media posts on a certain someone's recently updated page, and was half-listening to a show called The Killing Season. It started to get weird when I heard them researching abductions/murders of women involving drug cartels. Next thing I know Websleuths comes up?!

I'm reading everyone's posts, but mostly only here at this point awaiting apprehension of these beasts, and subsequent justice for Sherri. The tedious mountain of details are secondary to me now. But I am interested in what everyone thinks about the motive ... if you believe Sherri knows why this happened, why would she want it kept secret? Thoughts, please.

I don't think she HAS kept anything secret. I think she has told LE everything and they have told the public only a small amount of info. Sheriff has been clear from the beginning he was keeping "sensitive info" back to protect the investigation. Perhaps that includes motive. I think LE have an idea of what the motive is but they don't want the perps to know they know that. I hope that LE is keeping that info close and pretending to be clueless while they track these perps down behind the scenes. IMO, LE wants to give the perps a false sense of security that SP could not ID them. :moo:

I have a million questions! Or at least 100,000.

Who? Why? How did this person learn about the case and decide to contact CG? I mean, did he or she just google "hostage negotiator redding"?

And I don't mean to suggest anything KP or SP did was fake, but does the anon donor exist? Could it just be one of CG's tactics?

According to the woman who stepped forward, she knew of CG because he gave a presentation at their church. He taught missionaries how to stay safe in foreign countries. And he apparently was familiar with negotiating ransoms for their release.

So this woman, who was a friend of the Papini family, thought it might be useful to introduce CG to them.

That's what I understand, but might be wrong...?

Thank you for allowing some more discussion of CG’s role as a consultant in this case.

First, if I may, I’d like to repeat a question I asked on an earlier thread, because I don’t think anyone posted an answer. How did CG know, in his November 22 video message to the kidnappers, that there were multiple—at least two—kidnappers? See thread 15 post 749 for some more detail on this. No one else knew until November 24.

Second, to understand CG’s present-day work, it’s interesting to note that it is based on the US military’s SERE training, as his Rotary Club bio makes clear:

http://www.directory-online.com/Rotary/Accounts/5160/Downloads/0/July 2013 news/project taken.pdf

Coincidentally, in a case chock full of coincidences, a SERE training regimen lasts … three weeks. Source follows.

https://www.army.mil/article/138765/SERE_training_develops_leaders_for_complex_environment
Lucky guess maybe?

I find this most interesting.....

"Assisting in kidnap and ransom, hostage negotiation, extraction, resolution at %100 success rate."

Written yesterday at 7:01 pm.

So, either his job as their negotiator was done at %100 or he is lying and full of himself. I suspect door #1. JMO

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1292895514096778&id=232665370119803

Speaking for myself, I'd think twice before I posted on the Interwebs that I "assist in kidnapping and ransom ... at a 100% success rate."

I'm just kidding around a little.

More seriously, can anyone name another kidnapping case, aside from this one, in which CG assisted?

I agree that the 20/20 special was interviewer driven. I think the interviewer was asked to stay away from some topics by LE (jmo), and KP wasn't about to rock the boat by showing his anger and demanding their capture. My opinion only, but I think he's grateful they didn't kill her and maybe feels an obligation to be submissive.

He needs to man-up, seriously. Stop doing interviews. Stop crying for the media. Take care of your family and embrace that well-earned anger.

I saw a very strong man in that interview, and especially given the truly life altering experience he and his wife had just been through, one who seemed exceptionally well grounded.

From what he said in the interview, he seems to understand that his wife won't ever be the same again and that she'll need professional help for a very long time. Perhaps as impressive as anything else, especially given how precious little time he's had to process what's happened, he also seems to know he'll need help as well.

Being able to cry and to talk about his conflicting emotions is healthy, and a good first step on the path back.

I'm reading everyone's posts, but mostly only here at this point awaiting apprehension of these beasts, and subsequent justice for Sherri. The tedious mountain of details are secondary to me now. But I am interested in what everyone thinks about the motive ... if you believe Sherri knows why this happened, why would she want it kept secret? Thoughts, please.

Shame, embarrassment, a desire to halt the investigation and to have all of this go away...

He then went on in 2010 to create an advanced battlefield intelligence collection program for the U.S. Navy SEALS's and their global anti-terrorism missions. He was the Lead Instructor for this program.

So many things I can't say.

According to the woman who stepped forward, she knew of CG because he gave a presentation at their church. He taught missionaries how to stay safe in foreign countries. And he apparently was familiar with negotiating ransoms for their release.

So this woman, who was a friend of the Papini family, thought it might be useful to introduce CG to them.

That's what I understand, but might be wrong...?

There's been multiple versions told rather than one consistent version throughout, like here is a version where it says the anonymous donor went to someone who happened to be mutual friends with both:
Gamble said he’s not actually the person offering the reward, though he would facilitate the transaction. Instead, he says an out-of-town man approached a mutual friend of his and Papini’s and offered to provide a cash ransom in the hopes it would bring the young woman home.
http://www.sacbee.com/news/local/crime/article116329608.html#storylink=cpy

Wouldn't the brand reveal the motive even if Sherri didn't want to tell anyone what it was?

Is Sex Trafficking considered to be a random or targeted crime?

I wonder if it's something she's ashamed to say. In that case I don't think it would reveal the motive, unless it was a very personal insult not everyone would know.

Full of questions tonight ...

How does a person (or family) qualify for the Witness Protection Program?

[video=youtube;kSQzpIvaNMk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kSQzpIvaNMk[/video]

The last 30 sec of this Gamble video is interesting. His tip of the day is to use the Find My iPhone app if your wife goes missing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jackojohnnie