Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #16

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Regarding someone having piles of cashing sitting around their safe, first CG described this person from being out of town so they would have had to of flown into town with piles of cash and also if they intended to have lose ready cash on hand, CG says afterward they deposited the money in the bank so they apparently don't have an interest in keeping ready cash on hand in their safe:
"Gamble said the benefactor returned the ransom money to the bank but still wants to help the family."
http://www.sacbee.com/news/local/crime/article117588963.html#storylink=cpy
This is someone who kidnapped a girl with the intent of later appearing the hero, but he accidentally killed her:
http://www.cnn.com/2013/05/30/justice/maine-abduction-murder-indictment/
There's a whole issue within arson with what's known as firefighter arsonists, who engage in arson in order to appear a hero, increase business, etc:
https://books.google.com/books?id=G...Hg#v=onepage&q=firefighter arson hero&f=false
I would really like to know if KP engaged CG weeks later as was stated in 20/20. If true, that would really seem to show CG pressing hard to attach himself to this with the 11/6 ransom offer to the TV station done without KP's knowledge. It sounds like then later on CG may have used flattery on LJ in order to then try another way to attach himself by then using her to get direct access to KP where it then became official on 11/17 that with KP's support that the ransom offer published. It seems very strange that if KP was supporting this on or before 11/6 that the initial offer wouldn't have been published way back then stating his support and that if someone is so interested in ransoming that they would have stayed silent for 11 days until KP vouched for CG.

BBM
Not that they've done anything wrong. It's their money, but, it's all so weird. Why SP? Why hasn't CG, and an anon benefactor, stepped up for the other folks on the missing persons list on Redding PD? Maybe just b/c of the common acquaintance between CG and the Ps and then something made the anon donor feel generous? Idk.

JMO

Lately I have been leaning toward a twisted punish motive rather than something like a sex trafficking motive. Primarily because she was released.

I do have a question about sex trafficking if anyone knows.

We keep hearing that these traffickers can kidnap and then use them for prostitution purposes.

What prevents the girls from just escaping when on their Tricks?
Or telling the "john" they are being forced into this and to have the John tell LE for them and how to find them. Even ask the John to setup a sting with LE for them so she can be saved.

I have never quite understood how they keep control over them if they are prostituting with general public people who could help them.

The pimp or holder of these women cannot be with them 100 percent of the time if they are doing tricks. Sure they may be outside the door but that doesnt mean the girls could not secretly ask the john to help them get away from their abductor.

I never have understood this very well.
I'm not addressing this case specifically, but as you asked a general question, I'll give a general answer. It is not unusual in the underworld of sex trafficking to abduct (and there are different forms of abduction) a girl or young woman, keep her locked in a room tied down, sexually abused and tortured (cigarette burns are common). During this breaking in period, the victims are routinely injected with street drugs until they develop an addiction. By the time they are deemed ready to turn out, they are drug dependent and afraid for their lives. Thus, they remain silent and compliant.

In case anyone is wondering, the above does not come from television or movies, but from personal testimonies of women and former pimps I've known over the years.

Well, it doesn't sound to me like LE are hot on the trail of the two Hispanic women. :gaah:
Maybe SP gave LE the REAL descriptions, but based upon threats before release, LE and the Papinis are using the fake descriptions in the Media, all the while LE is sneaking up on the real perps...

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I'm not addressing this case specifically, but as you asked a general question, I'll give a general answer. It is not unusual in the underworld of sex trafficking to abduct (and there are different forms of abduction) a girl or young woman, keep her locked in a room tied down, sexually abused and tortured (cigarette burns are common). During this breaking in period, the victims are routinely injected with street drugs until they develop an addiction. By the time they are deemed ready to turn out, they are drug dependent and afraid for their lives. Thus, they remain silent and compliant.

OMG..........such a scary world.

My 2 cents -

It's the Daily Mail reporting. They have been notoriously careless about reporting accurately in the past (not just this case). I have an issue with their description of "hood". A hood implies covered head/face entirely with maybe eyes visible. I don't think SP or LE used the description of "hood". Daily Mail's word, my best guess

I tend to take all reporter and news article paraphrasing with a grain or two of salt. When in doubt I go back to LE direct quotes. If I remember rightly, the sheriff has stated that Sherri sometimes had her head covered and other times the abductors faces were "covered" no mention that I recall of masks from him. Covered leaves a lot of room for interpretation, which I think was his purpose in being so vague on that point.

1b02ddfbfe26f61962090b53bf1b8484.jpg

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Not bad...Way to go Keith! Although, not sure how far that income goes in CA.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Personally I lean toward sex trafficking. I may be wrong. Or not.

Exactly, as I previously posted, human trafficking makes great books and movies, but it doesn't work in real life. I'm sure there are people who are dumb enough to try it though, and I'm sure they are the ones who get arrested in these massive sting operations that cover all 50 states and dozens of foreign countries. With that many LEOs working on it, they have got to be able to arrest somebody.

Beyond that, as many posters in this thread have pointed out, SP doesn't fit the profile of someone who would be trafficked. If the investigators in this case start wasting their time trying to connect this case to human traffickers, the case will never be solved.

Just wondering, did you see the answer quoted above by the Verified Insider on this case (Lake 16) when asked for an opinion on motive? If someone who is close to this case and knows more about it than any of us here is leaning toward trafficking, does that give you any reason to reconsider your opinion?

I agree. Also since they lived in KP's childhood home, we don't know if they had a mortgage, or if the home was a gift. He could have relatives that are helping them out financially. I wouldn't be surprised if Best Buy allowed him a leave of absence. His circumstances would be a good reason for his employer to work with him. It's not like they don't know his situation. And boy would it make Best Buy look bad if they forced him to go right back to work after all this.

The Family Meical Leave Act (FMLA) would allow him to take up to 12 weeks off to take care of a close relative without the fear of losing his job. The amount with help alleviate the stress of not being paid during this time off.

Most of these Johns are full aware they are raping underaged girls and are not going to risk their own freedom for that of someone else. They are the reasons trafficking exists. It's their demand that drives the supply. MOO

Thats a good point but I am not really so sure about that.

Not that Ive ever been with a prostitute but even if i paid someone to have sex and they began to secretly tell me about them being held against their will, I can guarantee I would find a way to let LE know as much as possible about the girl. It would be well after I had left the pimp and the girl.

Not that Ive ever been with a prostitute but even if i paid someone to have sex and they began to secretly tell me about them being held against their will, I can guarantee I would find a way to let LE know as much as possible about the girl. It would be well after I had left the pimp and the girl.

I doubt a woman abducted for sex trafficking is going to tell the John paying for sex that they were being held against their will. The John would seem to be as much of a villain as the abductors. JMO

Another shoddy article of twisting the facts. Now the woman who passed her and called 911 was supposedly flagged down by SP.

Keith Papini himself describes it that way:
Keith Papini offered a different account of his wife's injuries in a statement to Good Morning America. He said she was emaciated and covered in "multi-colored bruises, severe burns, red rashes, and chain markings."

"Her signature long, blonde hair had been chopped off," he said. "She has been branded, and I could feel the rise of her scabs under my fingers. She was thrown from a vehicle with a chain around her waist, attached to her wrists and a bag over her head. The same bag she used to flag someone down once she was able to free one of her hands."
http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...-mom-sherri-papini-addresses-rumors/94593338/

I agree. Am I correct in remembering this anonymous benefactor was British and from out of town? And he was either going on another business trip or going home for Thanksgiving? If it's true he was British, did he just happen to arrive in the States carrying that huge amount of cash, then hear about this story on the news from his hotel room? And was lucky enough to have a huge amount of American dollars on his person?

I'm sorry if this is all incorrect recollection on my part.

I'm not caught up so this may have already been addressed 746 times (apologies if this is the case) but if Mr. A. Donor is actually British, he doesn't actually celebrate American Thanksgiving. Unless of course Mr. A. Donor has American relatives that do. Or, or... Mr. A Donor doesn't actually exist and Mr. CG didn't think of that ahead of time.

Exactly and it would only take one person to agree to report it, which would break up the whole operation. To say nothing if you happened to be a LEO conducting a sting operation. They could probably get away with it for a few days, or maybe even a few weeks, but that would be it, and everyone involved would be arrested.

In case anyone is wondering, the above does not come from television or movies, but from personal testimonies of women and former pimps I've known over the years.

Good Points.

I have considered drugs as a way the perps could either intice or hook girls on them and that is a very valid consideration.

Ive also considered that the Stockholm syndrome probably comes into play if the perps hold them long enough. The girls probably get to a point where they are ashamed to even want to go home and may lose the desire to want to leave.

Its all so very foreign to me thank goodness. I feel so sorry for any real victims that this sort of thing happened to if they truly never wanted to go that route.

It seems I missed an interesting exchange. Darn!
I'm reading all the previous posts. Yes, I do read EVERY single post.

--- but.. quick stop to address the NYPost article.
Brief, choppy, tabloid... that was my first thought, but when you watch MG- live FB interview... hmmm...
This FB live portion of the interview is more telling than what they aired to the viewers . IMO
Worth watching.

Click on 4:30 - 5:10 (marker)
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10154421822094934&id=163497464933

I am so far behind, by the time I catch up to comment, the thread will be closed.😥
Maybe I can comment tomorrow.⛄

Sent from my DL1008M using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads