Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #16

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mt. Shasta Mall, Redding, Hilltop Drive. They thread eyebrows. Really? Thread eyebrows?
It's a technique to pull out the hairs, like waxing or tweezing :) it uses a thread, they aren't like sewing eyebrows on you.

What pressure, exactly? What exactly did CG do/say that put any pressure on whoever was holding SP? Sorry, but I'm not buying his story for a half of a half of a second. This guy can't even keep his own bio accurate across all his various web sites and SM accounts. And we're all supposed to believe he's being 100% honest about his presence in SP's case?

I'm not going to sit and argue. I'm typing this on a little iPhone, but I am disagreeing with you. I think CG has been a hero in this case. I don't know about his others.

I believe the theory is the kidnappers became afraid someone would turn them in for the ransom-turned-reward money so they released her.

Well, that's a fine theory but I'm not buying it. I realize CG wants everyone to believe it, however.

I keep seeing this but how do we know that no one else was doing anything to find her? And I've heard CG say several times about giving the perps more money than they could ever spend, more money than we could wrap our head around and enough their own mother would turn them in. I believe he also stated at one time it was 100k. Not that I couldn't use an extra 100k but he made it seem like a million dollars.
Yep, more money than I could spend would need to be more than my student loan balances, for sure.

I keep seeing this but how do we know that no one else was doing anything to find her? And I've heard CG say several times about giving the perps more money than they could ever spend, more money than we could wrap our head around and enough their own mother would turn them in. I believe he also stated at one time it was 100k. Not that I couldn't use an extra 100k but he made it seem like a million dollars.

Yeah, nevermind how difficult would be to get lots of cash really quickly without the bank not outright denying you and/or directing the feds to keep on eye out for you. In the Mansion Murders the most the CEO was able to pull out quickly to pay for his ransom was $40K, so the huge sums talked about involving the 'anonymous donor' are implausible.

I believe the theory is the kidnappers became afraid someone would turn them in for the ransom-turned-reward money so they released her.

So now a huge reward needs to be offered for information that leads to an arrest, so the people who might have turned them in before, can do it now and get some $$$, and we can arrest, go to trial and close the case!

I don't think her being released had anything to do with the ransom or reverse ransom. I do think she was released because she became too much of a liability due to her exposure in the media.

Sure, while everyone else sat and did nothing, these two stood-up, and did something. Something is always better then nothing. I really think putting a great deal of presure on the abductors, is what was needed to get SP released without harm.

CG did a great job doing that by making the bounty on these perps so enticing, that someone would have turned in their own mother.

There is NO possible way anyone could have known what the SCSO (and other LE agencies) were doing to locate her. Not to mention searches, tons of people sharing info on SM, the over 400 tips that were called in, etc. People were not sitting around doing "nothing". To even suggest such a thing is highly disrespectful to all those who WERE doing all they could.

And may I just ask... if CG is such a hero-angel, how come his name has NEVER, once, ever, come up in any abduction case in the last couple of years? Where is this guy's actual track record, with verified links & documented cases? I'd sure love to see that. Anyone got a link handy?

As much as I may agree with Garcia, I think the other PI may be a little more credible. IIRC, the other one was hired by the family a week after SP was abducted. But BG did say that he was familiar with trafficking (all too common in that area, IMO) and he does confirm what others have said here that she may have been mistaken for someone younger. He seemed to believe the 2 women may be "low level members of an organization." He also stated that the "outcry by the community also made her a liability."

If Bill Garcia is their private investigator, wouldn't that mean that he has been in communication with them, therefore, knowing from Sherri or her husband or family the reason she was taken or at least why she thinks she was taken? If he's been working for them and still working for them, then he has to be talking to them and getting information. He's saying sex trafficking so something has been told to him for him to say this, right?

I'm sorry if this was already answered. I am a few pages behind.

I believe it was not reference to a post I made that we are now unable to discuss. Sorry!

No worries, Rosie. This was the conversation:

I saw it 😊

What did you see?

Sorry I thought I was replying to another posters comment about a Facebook post. Apparently I did not reply to that person.

I don't think her being released had anything to do with the ransom or reverse ransom. I do think she was released because she became too much of a liability due to her exposure in the media.

I agree. Sometimes the most obvious or simple scenario is overlooked. JMO

I'm not going to sit and argue. I'm typing this on a little iPhone, but I am disagreeing with you. I think CG has been a hero in this case. I don't know about his others.

Well I really don't want to sit and argue either. I just want facts. If the facts back up what CG says then so be it. I still think he's sketchy but there's no crime in being sketchy.

Was CG's plea to the kidnappers on national news or did he just make a YouTube video and put it up? If so, the kidnappers just happened to see his YouTube video? What am I missing?

Maybe you are missing a couple of threads? Just kidding :D

It was splashed all over: Stream media, Social Media; English and Spanish versions. (at least the letter).

But why set her free?
These ppl obviously have no respect for human life so why release her?

Maybe because they know they will never be caught.

^^^ THIS ^^^^

I think that is what I took from the PI interview on HLN as his reason she got released. I believe he was speaking in terms of media coverage as her case did become widely known on a national and international basis.

We have discussed on other cases what makes one case become viral and why other cases do not become viral.

There is no doubt this case became very well known and I think a large reason was how pretty she was.

There is a whole other topic of why society picks one case rather than another to go viral.

I do have to agree that CG and his involvement helped bring more media exposure to the case but I tend to think the victims beauty and who she was may have been more of a reason why media took off with it.

All JMO of course.

Yeah, nevermind how difficult would be to get lots of cash really quickly without the bank not outright denying you and/or directing the feds to keep on eye out for you. In the Mansion Murders the most the CEO was able to pull out quickly to pay for his ransom was $40K, so the huge sums talked about involving the 'anonymous donor' are implausible.

Also, who among us, with a hundred thousand in cash on our person or in our home, office, or car, would post a video on YouTube announcing that fact?

Can we tell who this was sent to? The job description stopped me for a minute
Why would a stay at home Mom be searching government jobs?
Random theory...
What if someone (kidnappers) thought she had reported some sort of abuse?

Perhaps she was just looking for a job.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member