Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #17

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think so but I don't know for sure. Perhaps she was able to provide information to LE as to motive but I really don't know.
Does Sherri know why she was abducted?

I think we're by nature the puzzle solvers of the world. That's why we're here. We question everything that crosses our path. The analyzers. We are the people who wake up at night because we finally thought of that word that was keeping us from finishing the last quadrant of the crossword puzzle. Or maybe that's just me. No good answer to your question.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

That ^^^, and we are passing time until the AHA moment happens.

Do you know if the FBI is still actively involved?

I don't think so but I don't know for sure. Perhaps she was able to provide information to LE as to motive but I really don't know.

No family member, including Keith, has ever suggested the text message was bogus. Nothing they've said about the abduction includes Sherri being forced to send a text to her husband. Nothing they've said suggests Sherri was held inside her home for a period of time during which the abductors bided their time and even sought to avoid having Keith come home unexpectedly to find them. Nothing they've said suggests anything was disturbed in the home. So, I think we have no reason to think the abductors had anything to do with the text.

Did anyone else think it was very invasive of ABC (during the 20/20 program on 12/2 )to show the outside of the Papini's home in Mountain Gate? That made me feel like there was nothing left to hide from anyone.

Thank you so much for taking the time to answer our questions. When did you last speak with Sherri?

Did anyone else think it was very invasive of ABC (during the 20/20 program on 12/2 )to show the outside of the Papini's home in Mountain Gate? That made me feel like there was nothing left to hide from anyone.

I didn't realize that was actually their home. That seems kind of intrusive to me.

Hi Lake. Two questions, if that's OK.

Do you know if any LE agencies other than the sheriff's office are still involved in the investigation?

Last night you said that you didn't think LE needed to withhold as much information as they are. Without going into specific details, could you say what general kinds of information you wish LE would share more of?

Thanks.

Who was this?

I'll try to find it. It was a news article posted on here a few threads back. They interviewed a female human sex trafficking expert who had not worked on this case.

Can I ask a question respectfully?
if everyone believes this case as it is told...why so many pages?
We accept that LE can't and won't share info. We accept that the family deserves privacy. We accept that it was horrible and that it was 2 women who abducted and tortured her. So what is there to sleuth and dissect?
If LE isn't offering clues, and we cannot speculate on anything not stated as fact thus far....why are we all still here day after day, page after page trying to make something out of nothing?
We have hashed over grocery bags. Hose clamps. Why 2 women. Dogs being left behind. Using daycare without a job. Etc etc
But why? Why are we still so fascinated with this story? We may never be told and our guesses are nothing but fabricated assumptions.
Why are we unable to wait for the pieces to fall together ?
Is it because we all think deep down there is way more to this case than meets the eye? Or is it because as much as the family states the want privacy...we decided too bad...we wanna pry?

i guess I just don't know what there is to sleuth right now. We have been given absolutely nothing. There is less info on this case than any I have ever been a researched.

So my question is to anyone who wishes to answer. What still draws you to this page even though no new evidence has been given?

Ha, you're new here. It is what we do...often for years.

Really? EXCLUSIVE? I refuse to ever click on a dailymail.com.uk link again. Their reporting is highly inaccurate and most times only headline grabbing garbage.

The make hay with their headlines but their crime reporting, while salacious, has not proved all that inaccurate the past few years. Jmo

Will you please tell her that there are so many people out there who are rooting for her and look forward to seeing pictures of her smiling face and her beautiful family happy once again. I am so happy for her that she has a supportive family and a husband who obviously adores her.

YEP, if they were already in the trafficking business then they would have chains in the vehicle, and bandanas to cover their faces. That's how traffickers roll. That is why I think it was traffickers that did this. Who else could pull it off.

And traffickers don't kidnap in order to kill their prey. I am sure that some victims do end up dead. But that is not the motivation.

If SP had been taken by a rapist or a serial killer we would never have seen her, unless a hunter came upon her body in the woods. But she would not have been branded and held for weeks, most likely, then let go .
Love your post and agree 100%.
I have done volunteer work with girls/women who were trafficked. This has a huge percentage of how, what , why etc that is common amongst the survivors living to tell.
I wonder if the reason many struggle with skepticism is because we havent come across or heard of this type of crime as much as say (ex:) husband kills wife, girlfriend disappears or the horrible crimes against children.
Theis a plethora of information on the web of why traffickers " brand" , how they do it and which affiliations each brand represents.
Trafficking is so huge and yet gets so very little attention.

interesting article on traffivcking in Bay Area and Sacramento:

http://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/local/Sex-Trafficking-a-Reality-in-Bay-Area-188846671.html

Sex Trafficking, Abductions, Sad Reality in Bay Area

Modern day slavery - that’s what some are calling an unspoken reality that many may not be aware of in the Bay Area. The FBI ranks California as one of the worst states for the crime that includes sex trafficking, child labor, forced labor, and domestic servitude.

Kacie Klinnert and her mother, Vickie Zito, would not learn of human trafficking until March 2008, when Klinnert, a developmentally disabled young woman who was 17 at the time, was abducted by a man with whom she shared mutual friends outside a Safeway in the quiet suburb of El Dorado Hills, about half an hour east of Sacramento.

Klinnert said Sanwal sold her off to two “gorilla pimps,” a term used to describe more violent and aggressive pimps. Klinnert said they drugged and starved her for days, who admitted the same thought terrified her constantly, “You don’t know if you’re going to come out alive.”

Eight days later, the FBI tracked her to a Motel 6 in Fremont. Through tears, Zito said it’s difficult to shake off the nightmare of what felt like forever. “What I really clung to at that moment, because it was just too much, was that she was found alive and she was on her way home.”

One of the most alarming trends, said Boeving, is that victims have shifted in the last year from foreigners to Americans. It’s taking place in the big cities, but also the suburbs all around. “We’re talking about suspicious cases happening in the Atherton and Saratogas and Walnut Creeks of the Bay Area.”

Boeving mentioned a recent case involving Hillsborough twins contacting a man, having their mother drive them to the mall to meet him, and then disappearing. “They were found two years later on Craigslist being solicited for underage prostitution.”

Hi Lake. Two questions, if that's OK.

Do you know if any LE agencies other than the sheriff's office are still involved in the investigation?

Last night you said that you didn't think LE needed to withhold as much information as they are. Without going into specific details, could you say what general kinds of information you wish LE would share more of?

Thanks.
I can only presume the CA Department of Justice is involved as the Sheriff stated they were conducting laboratory tests. He also stated the FBI and Redding Police Department was involved but I do not know if that is still the case.

I cant really answer the second part of your question. But if I could I think you would find Sherri very courageous.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper