Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #18

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hiya, cc. I read where Lake16 wrote that SP was blindfolded. That is not the same as having a bag over one's head is it? Was there a blindfold and a bag over her head?

In and out of that basement? May I request a link for this is new to me that SP was held in a basement. TIA

Sure! According to this article, both. Here you go. :) This one talks about her being blindfolded.
http://www.thedailybeast.com/articl...-the-center-of-sherri-papini-s-abduction.html

This one speaks of the basement. Also KP mentioned the basement in the 20/20 interview.
https://www.google.com/amp/www.dail...starved-brutalized-captors.html?client=safari

So who is in agreement that lies have been told?

A few posts back some of you mentioned they might have taken her across the border to Mexico. First of all, it's about a 12 hour drive from Redding to the Mexican border and second, there is no way they would have been able to bring her back into the US due to tight border controls. My understanding is that they drove about 2 1/2 hours after the took her. That's barely enough time to make it to Woodland (Yolo County) or Sacramento.

This is either a one in a million case - and those do happen - or lies have definitely been told. We don't have enough info at this time to determine which is true.

I think that lies may have been told only to protect the innocent.

I'm leaning toward lies being told. Not by LE but by SP, because she made a promise either to herself or to her abductor, thinking that is what it would take to get out of it alive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm leaning toward lies being told. Not by LE but by SP, because she made a promise either to herself or to her abductor, thinking that is what it would take to get out of it alive.

But once out do you think she'd continue to lie?

Agreed. IMO, if this is true, this is why there is a lack of urgency by LE for two Hispanic women, because LE knows there is more to the story. I am pretty sure they can tell when someone is being truthful or not. And Sherri doesn't come across as someone who is used to being untruthful with stuff.

I'm wondering that as well. If that is the case then SP is in a very tough spot because if she tells the truth about who abducted her, she may run the risk of them coming after her family and her. If she doesn't tell the truth and thereby prevents LE from finding them, she will always live in fear. Poor Sherri, my heart goes out to her. I would beg, borrow, steal or lie for my children. I can't blame her for not telling the truth, if that's the case. I am not saying that it is; just merely speculating here.

What time was it when KP found the phone on the ground? TIA

I really have no clue. But I haven't ruled it out. I don't know enough to form an opinion about it. I was mostly just responding about the workings of the ER, etc., because that's something I do know about.

Little behind in my reading, so if already addressed I'm sorry.

If there is reason to believe a patient ingested drugs that may not show up in the tox sreen, a hair follicle could be ordered as a follow up.

On another note, treatment teams in ERs have standards of care, professional ethics and licenses to protect. Recommendations will be made and if patients chose to refuse, the refusal is documented.

ETA: If she was fed infrequently and it's alleged that drugs were mixed with the food, what was the purpose of the drugs? It seems dependency would be out as a goal..........

But once out do you think she'd continue to lie?

After being thoroughly broken for three weeks, and under threat that her family could be harmed, I think she could continue for some period of time. But not indefinitely.

Count me in one who thinks the abduction was based on personal reasons, not sex trafficking.

However.

If this case was indeed one of sex trafficking, and I know this has been already addressed: SP not fitting the 'traditional' demographic of one who is usually abducted and sold into sex trafficking, is it possible the abductors had their eye on her thinking not of her age but maybe:

"Hm, she looks like a 'nice' girl"

Nice in this case being submissive and compliant.

I am just trying to get a fresh look at this.

MOO

I really have no clue. But I haven't ruled it out. I don't know enough to form an opinion about it. I was mostly just responding about the workings of the ER, etc., because that's something I do know about.

And we can use those skills here on this thread! Thank you.

National Enquirer is NOT an approved MSM source.

This is the same rag that at one time screamed "Baby Born With Wooden Leg".

I'm just curious. Does anyone here think SP's abduction is related to Tera Smith's abduction? I'm not saying that I do, I'm just curious what others think.

Very possible. However if she is lying I don't blame her at all. She's been put through hell and may be afraid for not only her own life, but her children's. Who knows what kind of threats and lies they may have spewed at her?

Just hoping the DNA evidence will bring them to justice.

If so, then why a day or two after her release they shared new pictures of her kids, along with their names and ages? If someone threaten to hurt my kids, you bet I won't be sharing recent pictures of them and more info!

My question is - why was her phone found neatly placed with the cord and earbuds coiled on top. The abductors wouldn't have left the car to do that and I don't know of a reason why Sherri would do it. Was it found by someone walking by and that person wrapped it up neatly?? If so, I'm sure that person must have come forward to LE and told them. If that is the case, IMO, LE would have mentioned it.
It certainly wasn't tossed from a car.

If so, then why a day or two after her release they shared new pictures of her kids, along with their names and ages? If someone threaten to hurt my kids, you bet I won't be sharing recent pictures of them and more info!

True, I hadn't thought of that.

Little behind in my reading, so if already addressed I'm sorry.

If there is reason to believe a patient ingested drugs that may not show up in the tox sreen, a hair follicle could be ordered as a follow up.

On another note, treatment teams in ERs have standards of care, professional ethics and licenses to protect. Recommendations will be made and if patients chose to refuse, the refusal is documented.

ETA: If she was fed infrequently and it's alleged that drugs were mixed with the food, what was the purpose of the drugs? It seems dependency would be out as a goal..........

Purpose of drugs could be to keep her quiet...
To keep her unstable so she wouldn't try an escape..
If trafficking, to get her hooked on drugs so she'd stay with them (the supplier) and lessen inhibitions for sex trade

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
faefawn