Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #18

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't ask. My guess is that LE wouldn't take it that far, but I don't know.

I don't feel that LE is pushing anything and I don't feel that they may have "lied". They have never stated as a fact that the abductors were two Hispanic females...they HAVE stated as a fact that that is what the victim alleges, and that they have no reason to disbelieve her..JMO

How would they know she was a married woman with kids and friends and supportive family?

How would they know she was a married woman with kids and friends and supportive family?

They wouldn't, which is why they likely wouldn't just take a random woman off the street. Far easier to groom their victims - to look for disaffected teens, drug addicts, etc., who are grateful for a little attention, some kindness, some money or drugs, etc.; the person doing the grooming gets into their confidence and then, little by little he drops the kindness and starts to become more domineering and abusive. By then, she's totally under his control. They know how to work on the psyches of people who are vulnerable.

My question is - why was her phone found neatly placed with the cord and earbuds coiled on top. The abductors wouldn't have left the car to do that and I don't know of a reason why Sherri would do it. Was it found by someone walking by and that person wrapped it up neatly?? If so, I'm sure that person must have come forward to LE and told them. If that is the case, IMO, LE would have mentioned it.
It certainly wasn't tossed from a car.

They could've held a gun to her head and said drop your phone. Instead she slowly and gently put it down because she was scared.

I don't feel that LE is pushing anything and I don't feel that they may have "lied". They have never stated as a fact that the abductors were two Hispanic females...they HAVE stated as a fact that that is what the victim alleges, and that they have no reason to disbelieve her..JMO

Yes. So they may have "lied," if they actually do have reason to disbelieve her. ;)

I think it was a family member who shared the pictures. I also think it's odd that there are still pictures of the children out there on FB. I would think that the Papinis would want to protect their kids as much as possible and not have pictures of the children out there for anyone to see. JMO

It was. I saw them when I was snooping. :)

Purpose of drugs could be to keep her quiet...
To keep her unstable so she wouldn't try an escape..
If trafficking, to get her hooked on drugs so she'd stay with them (the supplier) and lessen inhibitions for sex trade

I was really referencing "fed infrequently". If she was fed infrequently and drugs were only placed in her food (which is how I interpreted the post), I don't see how she would be dependent on anything. Infrequent use - not dependent.

I could have misread the post, but it sounded like SP's perception was drugs in the food.

Oh good grief. Another whatever "expert" yammering away, with no more info than any of us ( probably less, actually), capitalizing on whatever interest is still out there about this case.

Perhaps,but it sounds like he's done more to earn his title than refuel planes.

The question of the day seems to be:
WAS it ST? Let's take a poll, I say NO

I say- I don't know. I won't rule it out if LE hasn't. And we don't have all the details.

Little behind in my reading, so if already addressed I'm sorry.

If there is reason to believe a patient ingested drugs that may not show up in the tox sreen, a hair follicle could be ordered as a follow up.

On another note, treatment teams in ERs have standards of care, professional ethics and licenses to protect. Recommendations will be made and if patients chose to refuse, the refusal is documented.

ETA: If she was fed infrequently and it's alleged that drugs were mixed with the food, what was the purpose of the drugs? It seems dependency would be out as a goal..........
BBM

Hair would be an effective way to test for a wide array of drugs.

You're absolutely correct about standards of care (SOC), ethics, licenses, etc. A patient always has a right to refuse any treatment; and yes, refusal is always documented as such. If, however, there is a justified need for the patient to be admitted to inpatient or observation status and s/he refuses - the discharge would not be "treated and released", it would be "left against medical advice (AMA)". This is also because of SOC, ethics, licenses, etc. Some call it CYA (covering your arse).

How do you know this? LE said they are keeping sensitive information private. When Sheriff Bosenko was asked if there were other people involved during her capture, he said he wasn't going to comment on that. When he was asked if she was sexually assaulted he answered the same way. He did NOT say, "no."

You/we don't know if they have evidence of this. If Sherri was sexually assaulted- that information is kept private if they victim doesn't want it disclosed.

Don't fall into the trap of assuming that a "no comment" means one thing or another (in this case, an affirmative to the question of rape). It is standard LE operating procedure to say "no comment" either way to certain types of questions.

I was really referencing "fed infrequently". If she was fed infrequently and drugs were only placed in her food (which is how I interpreted the post), I don't see how she would be dependent on anything. Infrequent use - not dependent.

I could have misread the post, but it sounded like SP's perception was drugs in the food.

Got it. i don't think she was drug dependent on release. Perhaps it's one reason she got so thin...she perceived they were drugging her food?

Got it. i don't think she was drug dependent on release. Perhaps it's one reason she got so thin...she perceived they were drugging her food?

They could've injected her with drugs.

Don't fall into the trap of assuming that a "no comment" means one thing or another (in this case, an affirmative to the question of rape). It is standard LE operating procedure to say "no comment" either way to certain types of questions.

Agree to disagree. At least as far as rape goes. There's no reason to lead the public to believe she may have been raped, if she wasn't. IMO

If an obese stay at home mom was abducted just like SP. Would we still jump to the trafficking scenario?

Just asking.

So if not. Then what other theories would come into our minds?

Excellent point. It's interesting nobody has been putting forth the ST theory for Stacey Smart. '
Hell: it's interesting that the "mysterious donor" hasn't taken the money he earmarked for SP, which wasn't used, and make the same offer for her. <modsnip>

The question of the day seems to be:
WAS it ST? Let's take a poll, I say NO

Can't answer just no as it says I need 5 characters to post a reply. So anyway NO.

---------------------
-----------------------

Lake16 also posted this same idea that SP might not have known about any drugs in her system, she was speaking to the toxicology tests as I recall.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member