Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #18

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry for sounding so naive, but I live in the Midwest and am not familiar with that area at all. I'm wondering if SP could have been taken to Mexico. If her captors are back in Mexico, what are the chances that they will be found?

We don't know if they are Mexican, but if they did cross the border with her why take such a huge risk to bring her back? And take her so far north?

My suggestion, if I may: add that line as her signature. WS'ers takes time off for real life happenings, so most probable they jump into the current threads without reading the old posts, hence, not aware that is a no-no question.

Good idea but Tapatalk users don't see signatures.

If an obese stay at home mom was abducted just like SP. Would we still jump to the trafficking scenario?

Just asking.

So if not. Then what other theories would come into our minds?
Reasons to kidnap/abduct SP, in no particular order
  • Money
  • Jealousy
  • Hatred
  • Notoriety
  • Revenge/Punishment
  • Strong desire to beat a pretty female and break her nose
  • Rape
Reasons to release SP
  • Sudden fear of being caught in possession of SP
  • Send the branded message to someone but they didn't think of this until weeks after SP was Taken
  • UNSUBS suddenly became sympathetic after beating SP every day for weeks

Sorry for sounding so naive, but I live in the Midwest and am not familiar with that area at all. I'm wondering if SP could have been taken to Mexico. If her captors are back in Mexico, what are the chances that they will be found?

That actually could totally explain why LE hasn't put out a huge effort in the public looking for the perpetrators, etc. etc. because they know they're in Mexico and pretty much gone for good? Hmm....

Okay. So you believe she was drugged as part of the sex trafficking process, and I see it differently.

Maybe we'll find out they did attempt to get her hooked on heroin or meth, but until then... let's agree to disagree. :)
I really have no clue. But I haven't ruled it out. I don't know enough to form an opinion about it. I was mostly just responding about the workings of the ER, etc., because that's something I do know about.

I would think if they didn't want to feed her with any regularity, they wouldn't want to drug her regularly either. Whether it was time or financial constraints or just an inconvenience.

If they inflicted all of this pain on her to break her down or torture her, I can't imagine drugging her to help numb that pain in any way. So unless they were with her 24/7 for 22 days and could schedule beatings and drugging so they didn't coincide with each other, it just doesn't make much sense to me. Some drugs are pretty cheap, but so are hamburgers from a fast food joint. Both seem like a waste of money to me and these abductors don't seem particularly compassionate.

Thoughtful post, Dak. We have no idea what happens inside the marriages of others, despite how perfect they seem. That's not to say that SP and KP's marriage wasn't perfect. Maybe it was.

Sorry but no marriage is perfect. There are healthy marriages, but not perfect.

I agree it's better to keep an open mind and something I've been thinking about while following this case here and elsewhere online.

Speaking in generalities and MOO:
I've observed that many here on WS are critical-thinkers, which in my mind is fundamental to true sleuthing. They're open-minded, fair-minded, objective, and seek truth for victims.

They're skillful in analyzing evidence and clues. They enjoy discussing various possibilities and theories with other genuine critical-thinkers. They're also willing to acknowledge facts as they're revealed, and to adjust their conclusions as new information is revealed. They're willing to sit on their hands and wait in the rabbit hole until given the go-ahead ;) which I respect.

This is distinctly different, IMO, than those who continue to insinuate and cast doubt after LE has stated repeatedly that SP is a victim and KP has been cleared.

They post online under the guise of 'sleuthing' yet continue to use the same old tired, fake 'questions' and comments that go round-and-round. They twist others' posts and words in an attempt to re-write 'facts'. They resort to rumor, inuendo, and false information to garner attention for themselves and/or justify their victim-bashing and/or hoax(-hysteria) theories. Pretty appalling, IMO.

I appreciate that WS keeps discussions victim-friendly and dignified. Admin here are on top of things! :heartbeat:

SP is a victim of battering and starving and other crimes. Have we seen any evidence that SP was abducted by two Hispanic women? Please let me know if there is actual evidence. I understand this is the narrative police are putting forth. But others on this board have speculated that police may have lied about the description of the perps. It is wise and appropriate to analyze other theories on this board, as long as we recognize TOS! If a poster wishes to go beyond TOS, we can all find another board to entertain those theories. Let's give voice to others as long as they understand the truths: SP was battered, starved, branded during in the three weeks she was missing. Who did it, and why?

SP is a victim of battering and starving and other crimes. Have we seen any evidence that SP was abducted by two Hispanic women? Please let me know if there is actual evidence. I understand this is the narrative police are putting forth. But others on this board have speculated that police may have lied about the description of the perps. It is wise and appropriate to analyze other theories as long as we recognize TOS! Let's give voice to others as long as they understand the truths: SP was battered, starved, branded during in the three weeks she was missing.

I believe she was saying to keep an open mind about other theories- not the other way around.

--------------------------------------------------------
whatever it is, it sounds like it was all over her body per the attached article; (I underlined the branding part)

http://hollywoodlife.com/
Sherri Papini: Kidnapped Mom’s Shocking Condition After 3 Weeks In Captivity Revealed

The link does not go to an article. Where did "branding all over her body" come from, I wonder?

The link does not go to an article. Where did "branding all over her body" come from, I wonder?

Pretty sure I saw that article too and it seemed to take liberties with what was actually said. I wouldn't believe that particular article.

An example of how LE handles something they don't want to make public:

Actual verbatim quote from a case, "We have not named anyone a POI or suspect in this case. We continue to follow all leads and at this time have no evidence to indicate this is anything but an isolated incident."

Hidden meaning: note the word "named." In this case LE did have their suspect (a husband who killed his wife but was not arrested for a few more months), but they weren't "naming" him publicly. It wasn't until he was arrested that there was a followup press conference.

Actual verbatim quote from a case, "We have not named anyone a POI or suspect in this case. We continue to follow all leads and at this time have no evidence to indicate this is anything but an isolated incident."

Hidden meaning: note the word "named." In this case LE did have their suspect (a husband who killed his wife but was not arrested for a few more months), but they weren't "naming" him publicly. It wasn't until he was arrested that there was a followup press conference.

It sounds like they didn't give a fake description of a possible POI either.

Lake16, are you aware of any future scheduled interviews LE plans to have with Sherri?

Are you suggesting that LE thinks this is an isolated incident?

Good example. Trust is extremely important in the relationship between LE and the general public. I'm sure there are exceptions, but I doubt LE makes a habit of lying to the public (especially in high profile cases with more scrutiny about their performance).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WhiteCamo