Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #18

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't find it but, did they attend the welcome home gathering or had they left by then?

What if they don't know what's causing the symptoms? Would an ER doctor just make the assumption a woman who'd been held captive for three weeks, beaten, branded, and left on the side of a road also have been given heroin or meth? Shrug and let her go? Sherri was an unusual patient in many ways. A doctor would attempt to determine what was causing her symptoms, not just shrug and release her.

I agree every person who ODs is not admitted but there's a difference between someone saying "I quit meth cold turkey last week" or "I did too much heroin yesterday" and a woman coming to the ER in the condition SP was in. And because of her release I do not think she was suffering from anything related to the kidnappers attempting to turn her into an addict.
"Symptoms": Hmm.. I don't know what her symptoms were, besides her injuries and emaciation. But I'm sure they would have performed diagnostics to find the root cause of any symptoms so they could appropriately treat them.

"Would an ER doctor just make the assumption...?" No.

"Shrug and let her go?" No.

"Sherri was an unusual patient in many ways." Agree. But everyone is treated the same in the ER. Nobody is "special" and nobody is "less than" somebody else.

They would have run a UDS (see my other post). If positive, they would have drawn labs for tox.

But SP wasn't tattooed. So you are comparing apples and oranges to try and link this case to sex trafficking.

We don't know. A brand can be a tattoo. It can also be a burn into the skin
Both are brands

There are leads that continue to be investigated which LE may not take have taken seriously at the time due to a focus on other suspects or may not have the man power to keep under surveillance. A core group of close and loyal friends of the P's have been assisting on investigating things since the abduction occurred. While those efforts may be futile, I submit that all of us here talking out theories and trying to solve this mystery instead of just sitting back and relying on LE are doing basically the same thing. And it is my understanding this website has cracked cases before that LE had not solved. That is why I am here talking to all of you. That is why they continue to investigate.

I really appreciate you being here, and answering the questions you're able to answer.

This post reminds me of when Jennifer Huston went missing two years ago - similar life circumstances. She was missing for two weeks before she was found dead - suicide. There was a big search for her, and it was thought there was no reason for her to leave that home life she had. You just never know.

Thoughtful post, Dak. We have no idea what happens inside the marriages of others, despite how perfect they seem. That's not to say that SP and KP's marriage wasn't perfect. Maybe it was.

There are leads that continue to be investigated which LE may not take have taken seriously at the time due to a focus on other suspects or may not have the man power to keep under surveillance. A core group of close and loyal friends of the P's have been assisting on investigating things since the abduction occurred. While those efforts may be futile, I submit that all of us here talking out theories and trying to solve this mystery instead of just sitting back and relying on LE are doing basically the same thing. And it is my understanding this website has cracked cases before that LE had not solved. That is why I am here talking to all of you. That is why they continue to investigate.

Thank you for responding.

So, like those of us assembled here, the A-Team isn't actually attempting to physically 'find' and 'catch' the abductors, they're working to sleuth out information that could be useful to LE in solving the case?

Is the A-Team working directly with LE?

Are members of the A-Team actually active in surveillance of people?

Some more information about branding in sex trafficking. In the video it shows some examples and says that symbols like crowns and bag of money are often used. The brand is usually a tattoo that the girls are persuaded to have - they are not normally held down and painfully branded by force like cattle.

What was done to SP sounds more like torture than sex trafficking branding. Jmo.

Adriana's trafficker had persuaded her to have his name tattooed across her chest.

"It lets other pimps know that this is their property," said Vice Sgt. Ron Fisher of the Los Angeles Police Department in Van Nuys. Fisher has seen untold numbers of them as his unit works the streets and the Internet, trying to find underage girls being ...

An old-fashioned looking moneybag tattooed on the arm. "F--- You, Pay Me" tattooed on a girl's neck. Large initials tattooed on a girl's face. The initials "ATM" tattooed near a girl's crotch. A trafficker's name tattooed across a girl's thighs. A bar code tattooed across a girl's wrist, like an item in a grocery store. The practice is not new. It used to be done by slave owners using brands on slaves to show ownership. Now it's back in a different form, but for the same horrible purpose.

Child advocate Lois Lee explained the girls don't see it that way, at least not at first. ...

They see it differently. They belong to somebody. It's important to them. Someone has claimed me. Now I belong to a group." Lee said that is how the girls often feel about the brands when they first come in her door...

"I was proud to have it," Adriana said. ..

13-year-old Adriana says she bought into the "dream" that was being sold to her: Sell sex; get amazing rewards. It's all fun and games.

IMG_20161209_215707.JPG IMG_20161209_215639.JPG IMG_20161209_215559.JPG

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn.com/cnn/2015/08/31/us/sex-trafficking-branding/index.html

In SP's case, did they know what they were looking for? And if that particular drug didn't show up why would they assume it was nothing to worry about?
The UDS is a catch-all screen. You really don't have to know what you're looking for in order for the test to be positive. It will narrow it down. They wouldn't assume anything. The only thing people in the ER assume is the worst - and then they start ruling it out. That's how it works. A good history from the patient, symptomology, vital signs, etc.

Both are brands

I guess that branding someone against their will would involve some kind of struggle and screams. What would the emphatic kidnapper role was: holding her or doing the branding? Also, maybe some scars from failed attempts to the branding while SP struggled and resisted? nail scratches from the perps holding her down? So disturbing...

I do not know the results of the toxicology tests. I do know they were taken but don't know if the results will be released publicly.

Just speculating here, but would it be possible to mix drugs into the infrequent meals she was eating and if she was blind-folded, she may not even know that she was drugged?

Was she blindfolded?

Hi Lake, I am wondering if Sherri has been able to put on any weight since her return? I really hope that she's eating and putting on some weight, as she lost so much and was thin to begin with.

Sorry for sounding so naive, but I live in the Midwest and am not familiar with that area at all. I'm wondering if SP could have been taken to Mexico. If her captors are back in Mexico, what are the chances that they will be found?

I think you may have to post this response over and over again. Looks like some aren't seeing it. :)

Not everyone reads every single post in every single thread on any case, just a fyi. I don't, unless I'm very immersed, which I'm not in this circumstance.

Perhaps it would be helpful for mods to include this "don't ask" in the welcome sticky? Just a thought.

Both are brands
--------------------------------------------------------
whatever it is, it sounds like it was all over her body per the attached article; (I underlined the branding part)

http://hollywoodlife.com/2016/11/29...-after-found-kidnapping-details-abducted-mom/
Sherri Papini: Kidnapped Mom’s Shocking Condition After 3 Weeks In Captivity Revealed
Tue, November 29, 2016 11:27am EST by Kathleen Harper1 Comment
Miraculously, Sherri Papini, the mom who was abducted on Nov. 2, was found alive 3 weeks later after being repeatedly beaten and held in captivity. But while Sherri is in fact alive, her journey to recovery will be a long one, according to her husband Keith. After all, Sherri was left scarred & bruised among other horrific things — get the details about her condition here.
Keith Papini, the husband of Sherri Papini, the California mom who was allegedly abducted earlier this month and was held in captivity for three weeks, came forward to reveal the brutal condition his beloved wife was in the first time he saw her after her release by her captors on Thanksgiving Day, Nov. 24. And while Sherri is indeed alive, she’s apparently still suffering due to what her captors did to her.
“Nothing could have prepared me for what I was about to see upon my arrival at the hospital, nor the details of the true hell I was about to hear,” Keith said in a statement to Good Morning America on Nov. 29. “My first sight was my wife in a hospital bed, her face covered in bruises ranging from yellow to black because of repeated beatings, the bridge of her nose broken.”
Keith continued, “She has been branded and I could feel the rise of her scabs under my fingers.” So awful. The father also added that Sherri only weighed 87 pounds when he was first reunited with her — her signature blonde locks had been cut off completely. She was also badly burned, had been branded all over her body, and suffered from intense rashes.
Keith even revealed to GMA that Sherri had been thrown from a vehicle with a chain around her waist that was also attached to her wrists, and a bag over her head. And just one day after Sherri’s return, authorities told ABC News that there was “no reason to disbelieve” her story.
<modsnip>

I think you may have to post this response over and over again. Looks like some aren't seeing it. :)

My suggestion, if I may: add that line as her signature. WS'ers takes time off for real life happenings, so most probable they jump into the current threads without reading the old posts, hence, not aware that is a no-no question.

There are cases where the victims are actually branded, burned into their skin.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...kers-victims-branded-like-cattle-9763468.html

The victims have been &#8220;branded like cattle&#8221; - a practice commonly seen worldwide for women in the sex trade &#8211; to show that they were aged over 18, the National Crime Agency (NCA) said.

It said it had received information that people had been marked with numbers but their meaning was not yet known. &#8220;Put very simply, you brand cattle. And that's how traffickers view people, as a commodity to buy and sell," s

Yes but if you read the article you quoted and linked it, it explicitly says that "brands" mean tattoos. They even have a picture of one of the brands - and it is a tattoo. When they say the women are "branded like cattle", they don't mean it literally. They mean that the tattoo symbolises ownership, like a cattle brand.

<snipped and BBM> I'm not saying they lied in this case. I'm saying it's better to keep an open mind about the possibility. Shutting everyone else's theories down that you don't agree with, and laughing at them won't get you anywhere.

I agree it's better to keep an open mind and something I've been thinking about while following this case here and elsewhere online.

Speaking in generalities and MOO:
I've observed that many here on WS are critical-thinkers, which in my mind is fundamental to true sleuthing. They're open-minded, fair-minded, objective, and seek truth for victims.

They're skillful in analyzing evidence and clues. They enjoy discussing various possibilities and theories with other genuine critical-thinkers. They're also willing to acknowledge facts as they're revealed, and to adjust their conclusions as new information is revealed. They're willing to sit on their hands and wait in the rabbit hole until given the go-ahead ;) which I respect.

This is distinctly different, IMO, than those who continue to insinuate and cast doubt after LE has stated repeatedly that SP is a victim and KP has been cleared.

They post online under the guise of 'sleuthing' yet continue to use the same old tired, fake 'questions' and comments that go round-and-round. They twist others' posts and words in an attempt to re-write 'facts'. They resort to rumor, inuendo, and false information to garner attention for themselves and/or justify their victim-bashing and/or hoax(-hysteria) theories. Pretty appalling, IMO.

I appreciate that WS keeps discussions victim-friendly and dignified. Admin here are on top of things! :heartbeat:

Do NOT badger a VI for information. Ask a question, and if they choose not to answer, accept that and move on.

If you have a question in that regard, please send a PM to me or any other Mod or Admin and we will clarify.

The UDS is a catch-all screen. You really don't have to know what you're looking for in order for the test to be positive. It will narrow it down. They wouldn't assume anything. The only thing people in the ER assume is the worst - and then they start ruling it out. That's how it works. A good history from the patient, symptomology, vital signs, etc.

Okay. So you believe she was drugged as part of the sex trafficking process, and I see it differently.

Maybe we'll find out they did attempt to get her hooked on heroin or meth, but until then... let's agree to disagree. :)

Admin Note

I know you guys will want to extend a warm Welcome to a new member and Verified Insider in Sherri's case, Lake16.

:welcome4:

I know there are several new members who joined specifically to follow this case and may not be familiar with how we treat Verified Insiders so let me explain briefly. First and foremost, respect their anonymity, just as we do with all members. An insider is permitted to post information s/he has personal knowledge of without being required to provide a link. Members are permitted to ask questions however, the the VI may not be able to or may choose not to answer every question for a variety of reasons. If they choose not to respond specifically, respect that and please don't keep asking.

We verify that the member is a true Insider in this case. However, WS does not personally vouch for the information shared by any insider. Each member is asked to give whatever weight they choose to the information provided. No arguing or disrespect will be tolerated.

If you have any questions please PM a moderator.

If they choose not to respond specifically, respect that and please don't keep asking.

:bump:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member