Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #18

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I do not know the results of the toxicology tests. I do know they were taken but don't know if the results will be released publicly.

Just speculating here, but would it be possible to mix drugs into the infrequent meals she was eating and if she was blind-folded, she may not even know that she was drugged?

Depends on the drug, if any drug, I imagine. But I also can't imagine why they would be so delicate about getting drugs into her if that was a goal, and I'd also imagine the drugs would have been given to her more routinely than the infrequent food you mention in that hypothetical.

PS- do the Papinis know you're answering questions here?

Not sure why you make that leap about drugs based on a VI's routine "can't talk about it." Either a yes or no to that question would reveal significant info about the investigation.

Because usually with questions like that, they either answer "no,"or I'm not going to comment on that. Rarely do you hear a "Yes" unless the victim is deceased IMO.

What about a theory of a voluntary / subsequent non-voluntary missing scenario. It would entail an enforced silence and instructions for what to say and not to say. The physical injuries would be real and Sherri was indeed a victim in this circumstance. It would just suggest that maybe she voluntarily left in the first place. No offense intended, just looking at other possibilities besides sex trafficking by two latino women.

Based on what we know, there is no reason to think SP voluntarily left. She is a loving mother of two adorable children and married to a man who obviously adores her. She seems to have a very good marriage. She has a strong family support system as well. Why would she leave?

Just speculating here, but would it be possible to mix drugs into the infrequent meals she was eating and if she was blind-folded, she may not even know that she was drugged?

If she was blindfolded? I thought she was blindfolded during her entire captivity?

I have to admit, even though she looks young, I'm still skeptical any _seasoned_ sex traffickers would abduct someone like her off the street. They may be horrible people, but I think they're smart enough to know that taking any pretty, blonde woman off the street in a suburban or rural area would bring a lot of press and heat.

However, I could definitely see two inexperienced meth heads or other small time criminals hatch a plan to abduct her with the idea they'd then attempt to sell her to traffickers, likely using some shady connection they already have, even though they're probably not directly involved in the trade. Maybe they keep holding her as they try to work the deal with their connection, or try to shop her around to other people. Eventually, with no deals coming to fruition, they (or at least one of them) decides to let her go. This IMO seems more likely than it being done directly by a trafficker or someone working for them.

Yes...This^^

Would LE knowingly mislead the public about the race and gender the suspects? Can you imagine the controversy if a white man abducted SP and LE let the public believe it was two Hispanic women?

(snipped)

My point exactly. I live nowhere near NoCal, but I have a feeling there are many more Hispanics in that area than where I live, and the notion that police would falsely call two Hispanic women as suspects in this high-profile case seems risky and ill-conceived..

Now if SP has lied to LE and they felt they had to go forward with the description she provided, that's a different story. But did they HAVE to?

Based on what we know, there is no reason to think SP voluntarily left. She is a loving mother of two adorable children and married to a man who obviously adores her. She seems to have a very good marriage. She has a strong family support system as well. Why would she leave?

This post reminds me of when Jennifer Huston went missing two years ago - similar life circumstances. She was missing for two weeks before she was found dead - suicide. There was a big search for her, and it was thought there was no reason for her to leave that home life she had. You just never know.

In my head sex traffickers are looking for girls (ladies women females ) that won't be missed. That if missed police will think they are runaways or druggies hiding. So while SP looks young she also doesn't look like someone that wouldn't be missed. She looks like your everyday mom , out for a jog , or to get the mail. She has publicity written all over her

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There are leads that continue to be investigated which LE may not take have taken seriously at the time due to a focus on other suspects or may not have the man power to keep under surveillance. A core group of close and loyal friends of the P's have been assisting on investigating things since the abduction occurred. While those efforts may be futile, I submit that all of us here talking out theories and trying to solve this mystery instead of just sitting back and relying on LE are doing basically the same thing. And it is my understanding this website has cracked cases before that LE had not solved. That is why I am here talking to all of you. That is why they continue to investigate.
At the start of the thread, there's an article about how Keith Papini and his "A Team" are working in a "war room" and running a "shadow operation" to find Sherri's abductors. Sounds dramatic and more like a game than reality, to me. But, it's coming from ABC's Matt Gutman, with whom KP has an established case relationship, so I'm less inclined to think it's media spin.

If Sherri can only remember so little about the two Hispanic women, can't describe the vehicle beyond 'dark SUV', and the motive was never made known to her by her abductors.......I don't see a rational reason for the A-Team's shadow operation to exist unless they have details from Sherri that LE does not. Unlike LE, the A-Team can't get warrants to review surveillance video, cell phone records, electronic communications...

If KP and his A-Team are really doing what was reported, I hope they don't jeopardize LE's investigation further or inadvertently put others at risk.

Lake16, if you're so inclined, can you confirm that what Gutman reported about KP and the A-Team is accurate? TIA.

Here's that Gutman article again: http://abcnews.go.com/US/missing-ca...-resemblance-teenage-jogger/story?id=44053516

Lake: was Sherri gagged while held captive? Did she tell the perps that she was married and had kids? Was there any communication between them?

I don't know. IMO and based on how long I've seen tox results take I think one day would have been too soon, and it's quite possible they still haven't come back.

I don't see her showing up to the ER hallucinating or vomiting or shaking and feverish and the doctors saying "Must be heroin od" and discharging her. I don't believe they would be so irresponsible and put a high profile patient's health at risk.
A UDS (Urine Drug Screen - like the kind you take for a pre-employment or random drug screen at work) takes about 5 minutes. If positive, serological testing is then performed and shouldn't take more than 3 days. Interestingly, H is out of your system in about 6 hours. Unfortunately, the least troublesome substance stays in the system the longest - cannabis.

My point exactly. I live nowhere near NoCal, but I have a feeling there are many more Hispanics in that area than where I live, and the notion that police would falsely call two Hispanic women as suspects in this high-profile case.

Now if SP has lied to LE and they felt they had to go forward with the description she provided, that's a different story. But did they HAVE to?

IMO, LE would have to go forward with the description provided by the victim in this type of high profile and violent case, unless they had proof that the description provided by the victim was false.

If LE had instead refused to comment and some other woman was abducted and brutalized by two Hispanic women, that would have been indefensible to many (whereas releasing a vague description given by the witness is defensible in the interest of public safety).

Plus, I think if the Sheriff hadn't provided the description he got from Sherri, Keith probably would have.

There are leads that continue to be investigated which LE may not take have taken seriously at the time due to a focus on other suspects or may not have the man power to keep under surveillance. A core group of close and loyal friends of the P's have been assisting on investigating things since the abduction occurred. While those efforts may be futile, I submit that all of us here talking out theories and trying to solve this mystery instead of just sitting back and relying on LE are doing basically the same thing. And it is my understanding this website has cracked cases before that LE had not solved. That is why I am here talking to all of you. That is why they continue to investigate.

That's what we are trying to do. We are limited at what can be done because of the tight lips of LE. We are all chomping at the bit for that crumble of fact that gives us something to look at.
Praying something is revealed soon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If we admitted everyone we see in the ER who is "strung out or suffering w/d symptoms", there would be no room in hospitals for patients who have medical and surgical diagnoses that meet clinical criteria for inpatient admission. Besides, as I understand it she was seen at the hospital in Woodland. That facility doesn't offer / isn't equipped to treat patients for detox or other drug related illness. (http://www.dignityhealth.org/woodland/services)

And before anyone says it again - We know she was treated and released, i.e. not transferred to another facility.

What if they don't know what's causing the symptoms? Would an ER doctor just make the assumption a woman who'd been held captive for three weeks, beaten, branded, and left on the side of a road also have been given heroin or meth? Shrug and let her go? Sherri was an unusual patient in many ways. A doctor would attempt to determine what was causing her symptoms, not just shrug and release her.

I agree every person who ODs is not admitted but there's a difference between someone saying "I quit meth cold turkey last week" or "I did too much heroin yesterday" and a woman coming to the ER in the condition SP was in. And because of her release I do not think she was suffering from anything related to the kidnappers attempting to turn her into an addict.

I do not know the results of the toxicology tests. I do know they were taken but don't know if the results will be released publicly.

IF she was blindfolded or IF the captors had their faces covered, why would they need to hide the drugs in her food?

Hi Lake. Just one question: do Keith and Sherri are aware that you joined this forum and are sharing information that you are privy to? if so, do they approve?

I'm asking because on the missing stage of Sherri, Keith's FiL made statements on "behalf of the family" and Sherri's sister advised that she was the authorized spokeperson for the family.

IMO, LE would have to go forward with the description provided by the victim in this type of high profile and violent case, unless they had proof that the description provided by the victim was false.

If LE had instead refused to comment and some other woman was abducted and brutalized by two Hispanic women, that would have been indefensible to many (whereas releasing a vague description given by the witness is defensible in the interest of public safety).

Plus, I think if the Sheriff hadn't provided the description he got from Sherri, Keith probably would have.

I agree! Whether this is the answer or not remains to be seen, and I regret to say we may NEVER know.

IF she was blindfolded or IF the captors had their faces covered, why would they need to hide the drugs in her food?

Hi Lake. Just one question: do Keith and Sherri are aware that you joined this forum and are sharing information that you are privy to? if so, do they approve?

I'm asking because on the missing stage of Sherri, Keith's FiL made statements on "behalf of the family" and Sherri's sister advised that she was the authorized spokeperson for the family.

Dude, it says above that Lake has continually asked people to stop asking this. Please respect that or we may lose them here!

Do you have an MSM link for this?
Reason is alternative, but well established and credible (it's largely a site with an Independent Party bent, but built on being hard science, skeptical).

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

A UDS (Urine Drug Screen - like the kind you take for a pre-employment or random drug screen at work) takes about 5 minutes. If positive, serological testing is then performed and shouldn't take more than 3 days. Interestingly, H is out of your system in about 6 hours. Unfortunately, the least troublesome substance stays in the system the longest - cannabis.

In SP's case, did they know what they were looking for? And if that particular drug didn't show up why would they assume it was nothing to worry about?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper