Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #18

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Or they could have lied to the public so not to alert the actual suspect....

And left the public to believe a lie, possibly leaving them open to danger? "Hey everyone, be on the lookout for two Hispanic females and if you see a white man in a cowboy hat and military fatigues don't worry. Say hello! Make him feel at ease."

Nope.

The more I think about this case, the more I think it's highly possible that SP wasn't abducted by two women. I'm thinking that she either lied to LE out of fear for her family. Or that she told LE what they really looked like and the public is being told otherwise so as to protect the family, as I think SP was probably threatened that if she said anything that would lead LE to them, they'd come after her and her family. I can't imagine that after 22 days, all that she could know about the perps is the kind of eyebrows they had and their hair color/length. There has to be more info about them that Sherri has shared with LE and has not been released.

At the start of the thread, there's an article about how Keith Papini and his "A Team" are working in a "war room" and running a "shadow operation" to find Sherri's abductors. Sounds dramatic and more like a game than reality, to me. But, it's coming from ABC's Matt Gutman, with whom KP has an established case relationship, so I'm less inclined to think it's media spin.

If Sherri can only remember so little about the two Hispanic women, can't describe the vehicle beyond 'dark SUV', and the motive was never made known to her by her abductors.......I don't see a rational reason for the A-Team's shadow operation to exist unless they have details from Sherri that LE does not. Unlike LE, the A-Team can't get warrants to review surveillance video, cell phone records, electronic communications...

If KP and his A-Team are really doing what was reported, I hope they don't jeopardize LE's investigation further or inadvertently put others at risk.

Lake16, if you're so inclined, can you confirm that what Gutman reported about KP and the A-Team is accurate? TIA.

Here's that Gutman article again: http://abcnews.go.com/US/missing-ca...-resemblance-teenage-jogger/story?id=44053516

And left the public to believe a lie, possibly leaving them open to danger? "Hey everyone, be on the lookout for two Hispanic females and if you see a white man in a cowboy hat and military fatigues don't worry. Say hello! Make him feel at ease."

Nope.

I have a close friend who is a Sargent on the PD. They lie to the public all the time when they need to.

I asked Lake 16 if she was drugged and she/he said due to the investigation she/he can not answer that question.

What does that tell you? I can take a wild guess.

That Lake16 doesn't know because LE hasn't gotten all tox results back yet.

It doesn't change my opinion. If she'd been seen at the ER strung out or suffering w/d symptoms they would have admitted her.

It doesn't change my opinion. If she'd been seen at the ER strung out or suffering w/d symptoms they would have admitted her.

They know Sherri and KP. And they know more than we do. And that's simply not true. They don't just admit people who are strung out on drugs. They could've transferred her somewhere closer to her family where the media doesn't know her location.

What happens when someone is attacked by a known suspect LE has pretended doesn't exist?

I don't know. I haven't asked him. I just know that they do lie when they feel they need to.

I'm not saying they lied in this case. I'm saying it's better to keep an open mind about the possibility. <modsnip> What is your theory?

I would think the results would have come back already. I also think Lake16's response to the question is very telling and leads me to believe that there were drugs involved. SP may not have needed detox and if she did, isn't that something that could have been done out patient? Or, could she have gone to another facility and we aren't privy to that info?

They know Sherri and KP. And they know more than we do. And that's simply not true. They don't just admit people who are strung out on drugs. They could've transferred her somewhere closer to her family where the media doesn't know her location.

So in your opinion she was indeed strung out on drugs and/or suffering from w/d effects?

I have a close friend who is a Sargent on the PD. They lie to the public all the time when they need to.

JMO

But I have a hard time with that
I know they hedge around answering or simply don't answer "do to an ongoing investigation"
They admit to not giving out info that they have

But to outright lie? There really isn't any need as they can pick and choose what to tell us and they can decide to tell us nothing
I do not believe LE would outright lie about two Hispanic women with all of the repercussions that would have

Keith has proven he will do whatever Sherri needs. Maybe she wasn't comfortable at the hospital so he hired a doctor and nurse to come to the house. As long as she didn't need constant medical intervention there is no reason that isn't possible. They could have an entire home hospital set up for all we know.

I would think the results would have come back already. I also think Lake16's response to the question is very telling and leads me to believe that there were drugs involved. SP may not have needed detox and if she did, isn't that something that could have been done out patient? Or, could she have gone to another facility and we aren't privy to that info?

I don't know. IMO and based on how long I've seen tox results take I think one day would have been too soon, and it's quite possible they still haven't come back.

I don't see her showing up to the ER hallucinating or vomiting or shaking and feverish and the doctors saying "Must be heroin od" and discharging her. I don't believe they would be so irresponsible and put a high profile patient's health at risk.

So in your opinion she was indeed strung out on drugs and/or suffering from w/d effects?

I think it's very possible. My mind is open to it, but my mind is open to a lot of things. I can't shut things down just because we don't have evidence of it. If I could take a peak into the secret files on this case, I'd be more certain. ;)

JMO

But I have a hard time with that
I know they hedge around answering or simply don't answer "do to an ongoing investigation"
They admit to not giving out info that they have

But to outright lie? There really isn't any need as they can pick and choose what to tell us and they can decide to tell us nothing
I do not believe LE would outright lie about two Hispanic women with all of the repercussions that would have

I don't know if they'd take it that far either. I just know they aren't always truthful with the public.

Keith has proven he will do whatever Sherri needs. Maybe she wasn't comfortable at the hospital so he hired a doctor and nurse to come to the house. As long as she didn't need constant medical intervention there is no reason that isn't possible. They could have an entire home hospital set up for all we know.

I can believe this. Entirely possible based on what we know of her reported injuries. But not if she'd been doped up or was suffering from w/d, and not if the doctors at the hospital suspected it.

That's my point, and how that points away from ST as motive.

JMO etc.

If we admitted everyone we see in the ER who is "strung out or suffering w/d symptoms", there would be no room in hospitals for patients who have medical and surgical diagnoses that meet clinical criteria for inpatient admission. Besides, as I understand it she was seen at the hospital in Woodland. That facility doesn't offer / isn't equipped to treat patients for detox or other drug related illness. (http://www.dignityhealth.org/woodland/services)

And before anyone says it again - We know she was treated and released, i.e. not transferred to another facility.

I do not know the results of the toxicology tests. I do know they were taken but don't know if the results will be released publicly.

Just speculating here, but would it be possible to mix drugs into the infrequent meals she was eating and if she was blind-folded, she may not even know that she was drugged?

AFAIK

There has been no official report about any men being involved
Nothing about a sexual assault
Nothing confirming ST
Nothing confirming drugs

Maybe all of these things are true, but as of now, it is speculation IMO
What we have been told is an abduction by two Hispanic women who beat , branded , abused her horribly

I've never heard of LE outright lying to the public. I have seen them waffle a lot when they don't want to answer a question. I've also seen them straight up refuse to answer questions, which is pretty standard. We certainly saw the Sheriff do that in his press conferences in this case.

I know LE can (and does) lie to a perp during an interrogation and that is legal to do. But outright lying to the public seems like a recipe for a bad relationship with the constituents they serve.

The public always believes they are entitled to know every last detail in cases even though they aren't. In terms of public safety the sheriff did, however, go on record more than once to advise everyone to use good safety practices: lock your doors, stay alert when out and about, don't be alone in remote places if you're a woman... common sense type advice that one should remember every day.

You apparently believe that the perpetrators knew her age or other details about her life. I don't believe they did. I have actually seen Sherri in real life. She looks very young. As I stated before if I was serving her alcohol I would request her i.d. to verify she was of legal age (21 here in California).

I have to admit, even though she looks young, I'm still skeptical any _seasoned_ sex traffickers would abduct someone like her off the street. They may be horrible people, but I think they're smart enough to know that taking any pretty, blonde woman off the street in a suburban or rural area would bring a lot of press and heat.

However, I could definitely see two inexperienced meth heads or other small time criminals hatch a plan to abduct her with the idea they'd then attempt to sell her to traffickers, likely using some shady connection they already have, even though they're probably not directly involved in the trade. Maybe they keep holding her as they try to work the deal with their connection, or try to shop her around to other people. Eventually, with no deals coming to fruition, they (or at least one of them) decides to let her go. This IMO seems more likely than it being done directly by a trafficker or someone working for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper