Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #18

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
As far as I know, there is no evidence to support this idea. The sheriff believes Sherri. Why do you think she's not telling the truth? Do you think she fabricated the abduction, beatings, branding, etc.?

No, I believe what happened to her was real. I'm just not 100% convinced that the descriptions are accurate. I believe that if she isn't telling the truth, it's because she feels it's necessary for security. Not blaming her in any way.

You say the sheriff believes her. Maybe he does, but saying "no reason to disbelieve" is a double-negative that isn't exactly a ringing endorsement.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't know how he expects the "public's help" with virtually nothing to go on. Where is the sketch?

Unfortunately SP has to provide the info for that. I'm sure the sheriff would love to release sketches.

I wonder if SP was taken for ST and due to her noncompliance, she was branded with a specific message. Not a message that would point to who took her, but a message specifically for SP.

I don't think anyone complies with being trafficked. They are forced.

As far as I know, there is no evidence to support this idea. The sheriff believes Sherri. Why do you think she's not telling the truth? Do you think she fabricated the abduction, beatings, branding, etc.?

Many have said this, reason being, out of fear...not to cover herself. JMO

As fast as the thread moves, I may have missed a discussion about my next question. Looking for scenarios outside of the ST angle, I've often wondered about the relation to the very similar disappearance in Redding. I've read/watched in the media that a schoolmate of SP (Tera Smith) was abducted and killed while also jogging in Redding. Then, I saw a picture of the two in the video article Source: http://people.com/crime/sherri-papini-missing-tera-smith-1998-disappearance-redding/ and my heart skipped a beat as they also look like they could be sisters! Next, according the the lady being interviewed who spoke with the Sheriff in this case, the main suspect in the Tera Smith case (Troy Sink) IS a POI in this case! Is there anything to discuss from this angle?
<bbm>

Sorry ... the lady interviewed is not LE and therefore is not an official source to name someone a POI.

Unless TZ is officially named a POI/suspect in this case, we can't sleuth him.

The letter was posted on a website or Facebook page, wasn't it? I'd imagine the AD included some kind of contact information.

I urge you to reread the text of the letter. It says in several places how the abductors should contact the “negotiator.” To have posted this letter on November 6, whether on Facebook, on sherripapini.com, on another website, or via KRCR, prior to there actually being a negotiator would have been to endanger Ms. Papini knowingly. I think that is crystal clear. Assuming the donor did not want to endanger her, he must have had a negotiator on board by November 6.

Or are you saying that the donor had an initial negotiator whose services were terminated before Mr. Gamble was engaged?

No, I believe what happened to her was real. I'm just not 100% convinced that the descriptions are accurate. I believe that if she isn't telling the truth, it's because she feels it's necessary for security. Not blaming her in any way.

You say the sheriff believes her. Maybe he does, but saying "no reason to disbelieve" is a double-negative that isn't exactly a ringing endorsement.

http://archive.redding.com/news/local/Shasta-County-Sheriff-disputes-hoax-story-404372706.html

<bbm>

Sorry ... the lady interviewed is not LE and therefore is not an official source to name someone a POI.

Unless TZ is officially named a POI/suspect in this case, we can't sleuth him.

The woman in the video said that the Tera Smith case is still open, and that Zink is a POI in that case, &#8203;not SP's case.

The police would have already arrested them. There can't be too many just released prisoners with ankle monitoring who have a wife and daughter at home who barely speak English. It wouldn't have taken over two weeks for probation to check on each and every person who fits this description. They don't need warrants to enter if the released con is on home monitoring.

That's probably all true. But who knows if all of the specifics in the theory is correct?

I do think that a lot of ex-cons will fit this general description though.

Sorry but it won't let me read the link without completing a survey.

Shasta County Sheriff Tom Bosenko is disputing a Huffington Post story posted late Friday that cites an unnamed source in his department as saying a hoax is not being "ruled out" in Sherri Papini's kidnapping investigation.
"Based on information we have, there's no reason to believe this is not legitimate," Bosenko said. "Since speaking to Papini, based on information we've received, we believe her. We believe that this was an abduction."
He added that investigators of the case are keeping an "open mind in the whole investigation."
According to the Huffington Post article, the source is a "spokeswoman" for the office.
Bosenko said there is no spokeswoman for the office, nor does he have a public information officer.

IIRC, Tera Smith is still missing and TZ was named a POI in TS's case. There is a thread for TS here on WS, it's only 4 pages but worth checking out, IMO.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...ing-22-August-1998/page4&highlight=tera+smith

As fast as the thread moves, I may have missed a discussion about my next question. Looking for scenarios outside of the ST angle, I've often wondered about the relation to the very similar disappearance in Redding. I've read/watched in the media that a schoolmate of SP (Tera Smith) was abducted and killed while also jogging in Redding. Then, I saw a picture of the two in the video article Source: http://people.com/crime/sherri-papini-missing-tera-smith-1998-disappearance-redding/ and my heart skipped a beat as they also look like they could be sisters! Next, according the the lady being interviewed who spoke with the Sheriff in this case, the main suspect in the Tera Smith case (Troy Sink) IS a POI in this case! Is there anything to discuss from this angle?

I read about a ten year old girl who was abducted, raped, injured and then dumped a day later. Despite her age and the traumatic experience, she was able to give LE many details about where she was held, and LE relayed these details to the public and asked for their help to find the property where the girl had been held captive.

I'm sure that SP, being older and wiser and being held captive for longer, will have told LE a wealth of information about where she was held and they will soon be able to find it and do forensic testing.

Authorities said the girl described the home as having a single story with wooden entry gates on both sides of the house and an attached garage on the right side as you face the property.

The garage has a metal roll-up door and there is a small bathroom window with a view of the street on the left, front side of the house.

The night she went missing, the 10-year-old told detectives that she could see police cars and hear a helicopter, which was not directly overhead, from the bathroom window.

The room has a built-in tub with a mosaic patter of dark brown, tan, black and white tiles on the walls surrounding it. It also has a showerhead without a curtain or door, and two removable mirrors above double sinks.

Empty of furniture, the house has a mix wood, carpet and tile floors, and a sliding door in the back. A white "for sale" sign with blue lettering was spotted in the garage, authorities said.

https://www.google.com/amp/www.nbcl...62881.html?amp=y?client=ms-android-sonymobile

I'm wondering why the Sheriff believes the branding was a message and our verified poster doesn't. What was the purpose of branding if not a message, as if was to show ownership, then LE would know what group was associated.

I believe that the abductors believed a perceived wrong. Whether that is factual or not, they felt wronged, or wanted revenge or send a message to either SP or KP or someone close to them. Now the abductors perception could be totally flawed and SP nor KP did anything. Maybe a blond, long haired, white woman was having an affair with one of hte abductors spouse or significant other, and they mistook SP for being that person. Maybe only after beating her, trying to get her to confess, they realized eithere they had the wrong person, or felt they had the right person, and their point had been made. I don't know. It just doesn't seem that it was a random abduction, kidnapping, assault over 3 weeks, etc.

Does anyone remember how long it was before AH in NH was able to give the real story about her kidnapping and captivity? I know she was initally very afraid to give an accurate description, even though she knew his name. She was terrified! She had been brutally abused for 9 months! Kept in complete isolation. And was much younger than SP is.

I wouldn't fault SP at all if we later hear a different description of her captors! I don't know how you take the next breath without worrying about them finding you again!

The VI didn't say she didn't think it was a message. They said they didn't think it was a message to the family.

Shoot, missed it last night before the thread was locked.
Does anyone know which hospital SP was treated at?* I only ask because I've been to several in Sacramento, unfortunately, but I may have an ER-patient or ER visitor's point of view on a number of the local ones. If UC Davis ER (in Sacramento) for instance I can understand why the discussion of KP saying it was on lockdown. If it was Woodland as mentioned earlier it was probably more laid back.

When I read some of the posts about why she wasn't admitted or short wait times I start to wonder if the hospitals here in Sacramento just really suck! I was honestly surprised she was treated so fast - usually I end up WAITING that long, and count on at least 3-4 hours waiting and over 12 hours start to finish if it's something they treat and release. The times I have been admitted, including when I was so badly injured I was bedridden, it took a lot of begging and pleading for them to even keep me (they were going to leave me in the hall in the ER until the swelling went down even if it took a few days). I would have been shocked if they kept SP longer than they did and assumed severe life threatening injuries.

Basements - it's true not a large percentage of California houses have basements, but some do. This was discussed at length in an earlier thread and someone even did a real estate search for houses with basements. As a Northern Californian I was surprised how many there were. I don't have time to look for those posts this morning (sorry!) but I know they're here somewhere.

I wonder if KP misunderstood the "lockdown" situation.

I live in a smallish town and after visiting hours, around 9PM, all entrances to the hospital are locked except the emergency room. So, if you went to the main entrance of the hospital, you would not be able to get in.

This is the same at other hospitals in the area, even large ones.

They have signs, directing you to emergency, and some have buzzers which may or may not be answered immediately, but its not always clear that you have to go to the emergency entrance to get into either the emergency room or the main hospital after hours.

Perspective .... I wanted to post this late last night and thought I should sleep on it first, but I still feel I should post. Then I'll duck when y'all start throwing things.

Lake16 has chosen WS to communicate. This group has integrity and compassion that I've seen since I have been here. However, last night was hard to keep reading.

When Lake16, our Verified, keyword verified insider, says two women abducted Sherri, one released her .... it means two women abducted Sherri, one released her. It doesn't have to make sense to you, it just is. Same with the ST leanings and everything else. I sensed that there are some here bent on having it have happened a certain way when that is just not the case.

Lake16 is a "gift" to this group. Like he or she said they have more information /knowledge than what has been released to the public (Us) but not as much as LE. The fact that this "more" information is shared with WS, is also a gift, very graciously shared, imho.

It makes me sad when I sense some feeling entitled to more info, or taking a disagreeable tone, like no matter what Lake says to some things, either way, it with be picked apart and argued with over and over.

There are some very amazing and kind posters here (you know who you are ). However, others should remember when they post that there are "people with feelings" behind these names. Please be nice to one another.

Also, Tricia and her team do an amazing job in keeping this site what is is, stellar among sites like this. I am sure they put an enormous amount of time, and tons of heart into it, and for that I am appreciative.

MOO.

"It makes me sad when I sense some feeling entitled to more info, or taking a disagreeable tone, like no matter what Lake says to some things, either way, it with be picked apart and argued with over and over."

I think the rules, as regards any VI, is their information can be taken or left, it's totally up to members...iow, and as I understand it, being "verified" in any capacity does not equate to WS vetted information.

Most sleuths are skeptical by nature and focused on finishing a puzzle...I don't believe the questions are meant to offend. JMO

TZ is a POI in Tara's sad case. And I feel he got away with murder. :mad: [ so far anyway.]

But he had a strong, logical motive in that case. He had an affair with a minor, she was angry and breaking it off, he was married, had a lot to lose if she 'talked' ----so it makes sense he might dispose of her.

So it is hard to understand why he would do something to SP, and stir things up again. I can't quite make that leap, unless i find out that he is having mental health issues now...

ITA. We don't even know if the case is moving forward. I've been wondering how the "message" of the brand has not helped LE formulate a movie.

I wonder if its intent is to mislead LE and/or the Papinis.

Maybe they are staying in a home or with others that doesn't allow for the dogs at the moment.

Now I love my pets as well. But things happen and the family is making sure that the dogs are okay for now.

Jmo
Exactly there is no reason to think badly of them. Maybe the dogs are too much for her and him to deal with considering all thats happened.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member