Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #19

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
No; they only need SP's signed permission for any accounts of hers, phone, etc., which she would not withhold. If there are anything solely owned by KP, they would only need his permission. It's just like when police ask if they can search your car during a traffic stop. they do NOT get warrants unless you refuse to give permission.

I realize that. They had his permission. They secure warrants however to safeguard the case in the event the husband is found to be involved in the disappearance. In the hot car death case permission was given to search phones computers etc. LE got warrants anyway. It protects the case if it goes to court. This is because warrants are sworn to by LE then signed by a judge.
Just because Keith gave them permission does not mean LE did not obtain search warrants JMO

Regarding the discussion of how SP was restrained, I guess I need to correct my thought earlier that she could have had one banding clamp around both wrists.

The 20/20 interview, KP states that she had one restraint on one hand that was used to chain her to something inside the vehicle - this kept her from being able to jump out at will. The abductor cut the chain when it was time to push her out.

The other hand was chained to the "belt" that was around her waist. So when she was discovered, she still had one hand chained to her waist belt and the other one was free but likely still had the clamp or whatever it was around the wrist.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sounds wonderful! Do they currently reside in those countries? Guess I did not realize that Argentina had turkeys. My elderly father lives with me. His latest obsession is dreaming of seven lovely Argentine women who are wearing emerald green dresses.

No, they all reside here now. Their holidays (Easter, Thanksgiving, Christmas) are always interesting; the food is always a mix of classic American style food with Argentinian, Italian (b/c the Argentinian side has Italian roots, too), and Spanish food. A smorgasbord. :)

As
for your dad, he sounds like a little "tigre"! Buena suerte to him - I hope he finds those seven Argentinian women. :)

Taken matches the wording of Project Taken. Not a word I would think of using in this context. Taken=someone took an object, not a person, but that's JMOO.

TAKEN was also the name of a hit movie, where a woman was kidnapped. So plenty of people use it as a synonym for 'kidnapped.'

lake: was Sherri gagged while she was being held? Has her throat healed from all of her screaming?

TAKEN was also the name of a hit movie, where a woman was kidnapped. So plenty of people use it as a synonym for 'kidnapped.'

OK. I haven't heard this being used that much, even on here, in all of the cases I have followed over the years. I have not seen this movie. I found it interesting that the term was used and it is also part of the name of Project Taken. JMOO.

Are you sure they are rare there? My aunt and uncle had one and they live in a neighboring county. My old house had one, in Mendocino county. A lot of the very old houses had them, imo.

A few threads back someone that lived about forty minutes from Sherri said there were basement homes in a older neighborhood. Either a friend or parent lived in one. I'm sure you remember since you've read through every page of these threads as well. ;)

I agree. If he says he was 'out of town' then LE would quickly confirm or reject that claim. I really don't see him being able to set up a big conspiracy with lots of moving parts and lots of cash, without it being discovered by now, JMO.

Interestingly, he was vague when he talked about it during his interview. I did think it was odd that he even mentioned it, b/c nobody asked him during the interview. He just threw that in there.

Hmmm.

As for a conspiracy with moving parts and cash, 1) I doubt there was any cash; there wouldn't need to be any real ransom if my theory is correct. As for conspiracies and moving parts, what makes a couple of random Latinas any more able to do that than a self-described, world-renowned hostage negotiator who supposedly trains the military in this kind of thing?

Are you sure they are rare there? My aunt and uncle had one and they live in a neighboring county. My old house had one, in Mendocino county. A lot of the very old houses had them, imo.

Okay.But
a lot of people right here on WS already said they were rare, and they live there. Nevertheless, a storage container could be mistaken for a basement room,if outfitted correctly. And I think most people would assume such a staged container was a basement since I doubt most people have ever actually spent any time in a container.

You can't know he's responsible unless you DO investigate.

I think I've made myself pretty clear as to what I think. He had motive (financial motives -- bankruptcy), means (training in this area, 30 containers simulating hostage environments; living in proximity to the victim and possibly seeing her and thinking she'd make a good target); opportunity (managing to be able to get away out of town during the same time as SP's ordeal).

I'm taking off my V.I. hat here and exploring your interesting scenario. Assuming it was true, the question I have is why would CG not manufacture a ransom demand (a call from his accomplices on another burner phone to his) and some proof of life? He could have taken the money of the AD that way, if there was one, or hit the P family up for the money as they had raised $50k also, or both. He pockets the money and arranges for his accomplices to release SP.

But so far everyone has denied a ransom was paid. I can state the family did not pay one with a fairly high degree of confidence.

Okay.But
a lot of people right here on WS already said they were rare, and they live there. Nevertheless, a storage container could be mistaken for a basement room,if outfitted correctly. And I think most people would assume such a staged container was a basement since I doubt most people have ever actually spent any time in a container.

If you're in a basement, you've gone into a building, and then down a (usually somewhat harrowing) flight of stairs. I don't see how she could misunderstand a storage container for a basement.

I realize that. They had his permission. They secure warrants however to safeguard the case in the event the husband is found to be involved in the disappearance. In the hot car death case permission was given to search phones computers etc. LE got warrants anyway. It protects the case if it goes to court. This is because warrants are sworn to by LE then signed by a judge.
Just because Keith gave them permission does not mean LE did not obtain search warrants JMO

I respectfully disagree; I work in the legal field and have never heard of getting a search warrant for a willing participant just in case they are found to be a suspect later.

In any case, getting warrants on his home/cars/phones would imply that the police felt there was enough cause to consider him at least a POI.

I feel they are going in a different direction, myself.

Just thinking out loud. What if one or all of the abductor(s) have/had/do lived in Redding at one time or another. They were familar with the area where Sherri was taken. What is 150 approx miles to where she was taken? If a gang, what if this was retaliation against the police agencies vs Sherri or her family. The branding/message was implied to the agencies.

Just my opinion
Sacramento, Woodland, Eureka, Clear Lake

BBM
1. I don't think she was left for dead by the single abductor that released her. Quite the opposite.

2. The media was very effective at obtaining cell phone information of family members and constantly flooded them with requests for statements and interviews. I'm not surprised KP did not answer his cell phone immediately.
Good info - thanks!

attachment.php

Attachments

• Lake16VI.gif
    Lake16VI.gif
    6.4 KB · Views: 422
I spent a lot of time driving around street view and this just jogged my memory. It may be absolutely nothing but I was going to mention it and forgot. I remember seeing a creepy looking derelict house in the middle of nowhere. I don't remember exactly where, I drove all around Cty Rd 17 & 18 and surrounding areas wondering if she had been kept nearby.

when I get on my computer later I'll go find it, just because of the creepy feeling it gave me

I too have been driving around street view. The JW Church is the only one near the intersection that I've found so I think that is the church. I'm still unsure of the whereabouts of the other two locations.

I don't have any specific information on that question. It was not one which I asked.
lake: was Sherri gagged while she was being held? Has her throat healed from all of her screaming?

The People interview from Nov 10 has the most extensive quotes from KP during the disappearance.

He states that she "would have to have been either snuck up on, or there would have been multiple or maybe two people..."

He then states "My gut says it is a person unknown to myself and Sherri."

After finding the phone, he said it "only confirmed what I already felt that I knew somebody grabbed her."

So I would say "grabbed" is the word he preferred to use, at least in the MSM we've seen.

ETA: in the 20/20 interview after SP re-emerged, KP used the word "taken" a number of times. Also "abduction."

Thanks for finding this information. The following was a post on the links only thread that quoted her sister using the word "taken" in a 11/7/2016 article. The word taken in the quote was BBM.

Family Believes Sherry Papini in Another Area By Now
Redding Record Searchlight
Posted: Nov. 07, 2016

"I think we exhausted the resources that we have out here to search for her," said Sheila Koester, Papini's sister. "We are trying to reach out to national news and social media networks ... We feel that it's moved to where she's been taken from this area, and everyone in the nation needs to be looking."

http://www.redding.com/news/local/S...tives-in-Sherri-Papini-search--400291581.html

The randsom letter was sent to KRCR on 11/6/2016

"KRCR first received this letter in an email from bringsherrihome@gmail.com, sent on November 6. In that email, the anonymous source said they were willing to provide proof that they had that kind of money available and were willing to release bank statements showing such. KRCR was unable to confirm the letter was from a legitimate source, and chose not to make the letter public at that time."​

Originally Posted by SpanishInquisition on 12/3/2016, thread #15
Yes, this is the TV station who said they had received it but refused to run the story back then:
http://www.krcrtv.com/news/local/sh...sherri-papini-website-offers-reward/168229851
This has been a huge detail to me ever since I found out about it given what was going on that early into the missing persons case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper