Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #19

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sorry if there are posts on this thread that have offended you. I want you to understand that there are people here that do believe Sherri and KP. She is not responsible for catching these criminals. This is what LE gets paid for. I also think with time more details may come to her that will help with the investigation. Nobody knows the amount of trauma she has faced. Small details will most likely come to her each day. I don't blame her whatsoever. She is a victim, and shouldn't be re victimized by people pointing the finger.

Those who think that there might have been some coercion of SP to change some facts do not think of her as any less of a victim than you do. I don't blame her for anything she did to stay alive or out of fear following the release, if so. Respectfully, let's don't point fingers at a group of people who have an opinion you disagree with. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ouch! Surely this poor victim has scrapes and bruises on her wrists if she was wearing the shackles that AceDetective posted that scared me so (Thanks, Ace!), coupled with this data about the chain and hose clamps. SP is most fortunate to have been left for dead on the side of the highway and 911 was called by the passersby. I do think more than three, being CHP, Alison, and the trucker, 911 calls were made by drivers.

Does anyone have access to a transcript of KPs 20/20 interview? Was wondering what time KP received the phone call on Thanksgiving Day morning. The first call was to his cellphone that he couldn't answer and did not recognize the number calling him even though his wife is missing! Then, he hears the landline phone ring and he takes the call that is from Sherri or the CHP? Trying to establish a formal timeline of critical events in my storage bank? TIA

MHO
The Hispanic abductors did not care about Thanksgiving Day festivities. Thanksgiving is a traditional American holiday and typically not one celebrated by Hispanics, Mexicans, Muslims, Cubans and those who are not US citizens such as Canadians, et al.

BBM
1. I don't think she was left for dead by the single abductor that released her. Quite the opposite.

2. The media was very effective at obtaining cell phone information of family members and constantly flooded them with requests for statements and interviews. I'm not surprised KP did not answer his cell phone immediately.

My
in-laws from Argentina and Spain would disagree! I've spent many a wonderful Thanksgiving at t heir homes, complete with turkey, cranberry sauce, and stuffing with chorizo, lol.

I'm going to need that chorizo stuffing recipe please. :)

Im not sure about the US or Canada, but certainly over here aswell as A&E (ER) we have Minor Injuries Units, which are nurse led, treats minor injuries (obviously lol) I.e sprains, minor wounds and burns etc.

Im not sure ive ever seen injuries related to being minor in UK media etc though, usually non critical or non life threatening I think
BBM

Thanks! Yes, I read about the Minor Injuries Units in my googling. They sound like our Urgent Care Clinics. Although I think I've heard the term "minor injuries" in news reports, I hadn't seen SP's injuries referred to as "minor" in the media here, just as "non-life threatening" by Bosenko. So when a poster on the last thread called them "minor," I was all set to be politely indignant, jump up on my high horse and say "Wait just a minute. She was a mess. Don't minimize her injuries." The OP probably didn't mean it that way at all, but it hit me that way.

I figured I'd better research first to make sure I was on solid ground and I discovered that technically, "minor" is a medically appropriate word. Oops! I was glad I had googled first. It's not a word I would use, because I think others might react as I did. Or maybe not. Words interest me and I'm kind of precise (picky?) about word use. :) I think "non life threatening" is a more appropriate term that doesn't carry any minimizing implication in Sherri's case. But I thought it was interesting that my initial reaction was medically wrong and so I posted my findings in case anyone else was harrumphing about it like I was.

Since it was on the last thread, it's moot, but it never hurts to learn something new, so why not? There's nothing else new going on here! :D

What opportunity did he have?
We also have no idea if the containers were searched. My guess is they were. I also think his whereabouts, phone records and contacts before and after the kidnapping were vetted.
LE was already wary of him. His is why IMO he absolutely was thoroughly investigated.
IMO he would not kidnap a young mother, hold her for weeks while subjecting her to repeated beatings, starvation and then brand her to get publicity for his security consultant business
JMO

What
opportunity? He states he wasn't in town during her ordeal.

I agree that police have probably been investigating him. We disagree, however, on whether the police found everything on the up and up. The fact that he owns storage containers outfitted with different hostage environments (giving him the means), the bankruptcy (giving him a financial motive), and the opportunity we spoke about (his having been away during the same time period as SP) would not escape police. couple that with his already having lied about his business status while taking donations (the 501(c)(3) status was nonexistent), and that the army will not confirm that his experience and background are what he claims it is, no way are the police not doing a very thorough vetting and checking into everything about him and his past. That takes time.

As for saying he wouldn't kidnap and torture someone for business (financial motives), why would you say that? Why is he different from anyone else? Why can you believe that some random Latinas kidnapped her for NO apparent reason, yet some self-proclaimed, global kidnapping expert with no more military background than refueling airplanes would NOT?

My
in-laws from Argentina and Spain would disagree! I've spent many a wonderful Thanksgiving at t heir homes, complete with turkey, cranberry sauce, and stuffing with chorizo, lol.

Sounds wonderful! Do they currently reside in those countries? Guess I did not realize that Argentina had turkeys. My elderly father lives with me. His latest obsession is dreaming of seven lovely Argentine women who are wearing emerald green dresses.

Sherri said she was held in a basement (is this a verified fact, by the way? is there any source beyond Daily Mail?), so shouldn't we be suspicious of somebody with a basement rather than somebody with storage containers?

Basements are extremely rare in that part of California. Plus, how many people would assume they were in a storage container? I've never been in one, let alone kept for 22 days in one. If it was all renovated inside to simulate a basement or other hostage environment, I doubt I'd know the difference. I'd have no problem thinking it was a long, narrow room in a basement.

No, I do not know the answer to that question.

No not to my knowledge.

So basically you feel SP is withholding information? I've spoken to her and KP and I don't feel that way at all. I'm sorry if you and others feel that way; obviously I have not done a good job of projecting the honesty and sincerity of KP and SP.

They are good people, the kind you would love to have for a neighbor or friend in my humble opinion. That is why you saw such a massive level of community support for a town the size of Redding. While obviously not everyone that supported them knew the P's, many had friends that did whose opinions they respected.

Thank you for speaking up for them.
Sometimes the monsters who live among us do terrible things to truly GOOD people.

Sherri said she was held in a basement (is this a verified fact, by the way? is there any source beyond Daily Mail?), so shouldn't we be suspicious of somebody with a basement rather than somebody with storage containers?

The 20/20 interview. I believe KP says basement.

I do realize investigations take time. However routine things like his phone records and verification of his whereabouts do not. Warrants can be obtained in hours, not months IIRC. DNA testing also in criminal cases usually comes back in weeks, not months IMO.
I think with the publicity and concern this case has generated, if LE had any evidence that CG was involved in anything beyond the fact that he worked to help the Papini family they would have put him in handcuffs and marched him into the SCSObin front of the media

I agree. If he says he was 'out of town' then LE would quickly confirm or reject that claim. I really don't see him being able to set up a big conspiracy with lots of moving parts and lots of cash, without it being discovered by now, JMO.

Did
he say when that search took place? Was it before or after the hostage negotiator already entered the scene (November 6, according to the AD's letter to the media)?

He did not give the date of the search.

Basements are extremely rare in that part of California. Plus, how many people would assume they were in a storage container? I've never been in one, let alone kept for 22 days in one. If it was all renovated inside to simulate a basement or other hostage environment, I doubt I'd know the difference. I'd have no problem thinking it was a long, narrow room in a basement.

Are you sure they are rare there? My aunt and uncle had one and they live in a neighboring county. My old house had one, in Mendocino county. A lot of the very old houses had them, imo.

Those who think that there might have been some coercion of SP to change some facts do not think of her as any less of a victim than you do. I don't blame her for anything she did to stay alive or out of fear following the release, if so. Respectfully, let's don't point fingers at a group of people who have an opinion you disagree with. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When someone says, it all depends on Sherri, I'm sorry but that is blaming the victim.

No, I do not know the answer to that question.

No not to my knowledge.

So basically you feel SP is withholding information? I've spoken to her and KP and I don't feel that way at all. I'm sorry if you and others feel that way; obviously I have not done a good job of projecting the honesty and sincerity of KP and SP.

They are good people, the kind you would love to have for a neighbor or friend in my humble opinion. That is why you saw such a massive level of community support for a town the size of Redding. While obviously not everyone that supported them knew the P's, many had friends that did whose opinions they respected.

Sometimes it goes beyond needing thick skin and you darn near have to have a suit of armor, unfortunately, Lake16. Just know that you are doing good for SP and her family overall.. and that there will always be those who want to poke at things. Don't let 'em get ya down.

I said unless CG is responsible for SP's abduction- meaning had anything to do with it, it is a waste of time investigating him IMO. This case is about who did this to SP. Are you saying you think he was involved in her abduction? If so, what is your theory?

You can't know he's responsible unless you DO investigate.

I think I've made myself pretty clear as to what I think. He had motive (financial motives -- bankruptcy), means (training in this area, 30 containers simulating hostage environments; living in proximity to the victim and possibly seeing her and thinking she'd make a good target); opportunity (managing to be able to get away out of town during the same time as SP's ordeal).

I've now got the official ABC 12/2/2016 transcript for the 20/20 episode covering this case.

I think it could be really useful reference for us, but it's over 8,000 words and many pages long.

Any advice on the best way and place to post the text would be much appreciated.

I can't watch the entire interview because I live outside of the US. Is the text found at a link? Maybe you can post it in the Media thread. I would love to read it over again. TY. I did watch the interview when it was televised.

Believing that SP herself is a key to LE solving this case, based on what we know now, is not victim-bashing or blaming in any way, in my opinion (though I understand objection to phrasing it like she's deciding her moves.)

She may have told LE all she knows/remembers already, or she may be able to tell LE more with time...........we don't know.

What we do know is that the suspect descriptions and vehicle description provided by SP initially were very vague and not very useful to the public.

The sheriff said he'd update the public if more details became available and that he was hoping to get enough detail to release a sketch.

In the meantime, LE is investigating in attempt to determine who is responsible and bring them to justice. That is their duty and I hope they succeed. I also really hope that Sherri is able to help them narrow the field more quickly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper