Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #19

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Basements are extremely rare in that part of California. Plus, how many people would assume they were in a storage container? I've never been in one, let alone kept for 22 days in one. If it was all renovated inside to simulate a basement or other hostage environment, I doubt I'd know the difference. I'd have no problem thinking it was a long, narrow room in a basement.

"extremely rare" is an overstatement.

Using your argument she could have been in a skyscraper, then, "renovated inside to simulate a basement."

Possible, yes, but not likely.

I've been trying to keep away from the whole CG thing as I see it as nothing but a sideshow. If CG meant to showcase his abilities, he sure did a terrible job of it. Wouldn't the ransom have been paid, or pretended to be paid, showing he secured her release? As it was, his deadline expired with no action. Fail.

---

As far as I recall, the 'basement' description first came from the Daily Mail, so I've always been suspicious as to whether or not it was true. Would really like to see it from Keith or the Sheriff or some other more primary source, or at least a more reputable source.

1. They have more methods and avenues than the internet does, and they can examine more and be more thorough. It can take awhile.

2. As far as we know.

sbbm

I agree it can take time. They have known of his involvement in this case for over a month. Plenty of time to verify his whereabouts, communications and phone records during the time prior to, during and after SP's disappearance. IMO.

Well,there
are many who are clearly upset that I feel CG may be involved, which I find strange. This IS a site for sleuthing, correct? Why sleuth if we are going to get offended when people actually look for clues, especially in obvious places?

rsbm

IMO other than the victims, including SP and KP, but also their family members and Lake16, (MO but also WS TOS :) ) everyone sleuthable should be scrutinized. It's what we do.

While I'm not sure if CG was involved or is just an opportunist, his involvement timeline and work history is very odd.

on another site, someone has worked hard to verify his resume and credentials (provided by the gambles themselves)..It appears he has, at the very least, fluffed his resume to appear that he has more experience than what he truly has. His resume timeline is off in some instances where he says he was doing this at the time, but then when you dig deeper..he was doing something else at the same time. A plaque he posted as an award for SERE training has been pointed out as being fake by numerous people with military experience. The claim is that the award is homemade and that no way could CG have been a sere trainer as he wasn't in the military long enough and did not have nearly the credentials he needed to even enter training.

Someone found a google sites of papinis that show she was a friend of Jen gambles. If I am not mistaken, Jen gamble had been some sort of a life coach and I wondered if Papini was a client of hers or something. CG and jg both seem into mindset and becoming better and pushing yourself..CG offers survival trainings and sp had lots of survival things posted on her Pinterest.

I also stumbled upon a post that said Jen and CG own a 200 acre ranch in Shasta County..they sell survival gear, offer hunting expeditions and survival expeditions. They also own cattle and brand cattle..just kind of an odd coincidence with sp being branded. G7outdoors and G7ranch on Instagram if you want to look them up.

im curious as to how they went from being dirt poor and living in an rv to owning a 200 acre ranch

there was also that police report saying a family friend was holding a woman against her will in a storage container. I also thought it odd that he stated sp found the "key" to staying alive after she was returned.

it's all just very odd.,.you never heard of CG until sp went missing..and then he gets involved in the sp case and she's returned. There are more missing women in the area and requests for CG to become involved but haven't heard a peep out of him.

Listen, I don't mean to accuse someone if they are innocent. But no one can deny that there are too many weird coincidences with this. At the very least CG was just in the right place at the right and took advantage of the,opportunity to promote himself and his business.

As far as solving this case, I keep referring to Missy Bevers in my mind. Her murderer is on surveillance tape, yet no arrest or publicly-announced break in the case over six months later. We have much less to go on here.

Again - this is some other site that calls itself "World Breaking News" that is referring to the original 20/20 interview. But when you go to the actual source - the official ABC transcript of the interview, which I have, there is no mention of a basement.

That is not to say that she wasn't kept in a basement. That's not to say that perhaps KP mentioned it in portions that weren't used or insome other interview I'm not aware of. But he did NOT say it in the interview that was aired, assuming that the broadcast and the transcript are in sync.

That this "World Breaking News" thing which is not MSM would use the term basement and not put it in quotes with direct attribution - we have to ignore it IMHO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Okay well I'm telling you, I heard him say it. Maybe it wasn't the 20/20 interview, but I heard him say it then I tried to find the link for you and found one.

... a guy who owns shipping containers decked out to simulate hostage situations from around the world for 'training purposes'...

Can anyone steer me to the source of this claim? (that CG has storage containers designed to simulate hostage/kidnapped victim scenarios).

People on the internet have found out information on him in a matter of hours. Why would it take longer for LE?
There is no evidence CG was involved in SP abduction

Police are naturally going to be digging deeper. That is what investigation is all about. You can bet they'll digging into his military background, into all of the companies he's either said he's worked for or started with regard to hostage negotiation, into his finances with regard to collecting donations (starting with that phony 501c3), they'll be scrutining bank records, phone and text logs, his computer history; they'll be interviewing people he's been in the military with, worked with, etc. etc. That takes time. This isn't a 1 hour lifetime movie.

"There is no evidence CG was involved in SP abduction". That's what investigations are for. To FIND evidence, wherever and whoever.

What I'd like to know is why on a "websleuthing" board some people are so very reluctant to ever sleuth ANYone.

Okay well I'm telling you, I heard him say it. Maybe it wasn't the 20/20 interview, but I heard him say it then I tried to find the link for you and found one.

I fully agree with northXnorthwest1 -- and this is important for the integrity of how Websleuths operates, IMHO. This does not mean you didn't hear it -- but we can't rely on hearsay for a myriad of reasons (for starters, we can't defend the claim and say "it's true because we heard creepcrusher insisted he said it was true."). Would you be able to point to the video, and say at what point in the video this was said?

Question for Lake: Did the Papinis belong to Bethel Church? Is the only link to Cameron Gamble via the Jeters?

I thought KP referred to SP as having been TAKEN. He stated this on 20/20. He said "I knew she was taken." Not kidnapped or abducted.

What do you mean by your comment? I'm not understanding your intent.

IMO, if KP had used the term 'kidnapped' or 'abducted' he still would have been criticized by the same people who criticize his use of 'taken' or 'someone took her'. They mean the same thing. Why is he being sleuthed?

I have to head out, but one last thing, and I'm sorry I don't have an exact quote. Someone mentioned the People magazine "Interview" that KP did. To my knowledge KP has only spoken to ABC post SP release and the People magazine story is just a rehash of the ABC interview.

The post release DM interview of KP's father was not "authorized" by KP, and contains numerous factual inaccuracies. I've met KP's father a couple times and while a very nice and decent man he is somewhat of an "entertainer" in social situations who should not always be taken literally and his stories are often best served with a grain of salt. For instance, the supposed Thanksgiving day picture of the kids in the article was actually from several weeks earlier. I hope saying that isn't a violation of the TOS, if so mods please delete it.

1. They have more methods and avenues than the internet does, and they can examine more and be more thorough. It can take awhile.

2. As far as we know.

sbbm

Okay but you have to agree- if CG is responsible for SP's abduction, he's got to be the one of the dumbest criminals in the world. IMO he's going to be thoroughly looked at by LE. If he did it there is no way he'd get away with it. He put himself right in the middle.

Police are naturally going to be digging deeper. That is what investigation is all about. You can bet they'll digging into his military background, into all of the companies he's either said he's worked for or started with regard to hostage negotiation, into his finances with regard to collecting donations (starting with that phony 501c3), they'll be scrutining bank records, phone and text logs, his computer history; they'll be interviewing people he's been in the military with, worked with, etc. etc. That takes time. This isn't a 1 hour lifetime movie.

"There is no evidence CG was involved in SP abduction". That's what investigations are for. To FIND evidence, wherever and whoever.

What I'd like to know is why on a "websleuthing" board some people are so very reluctant to ever sleuth ANYone.

They will also investigate any and all trips he's made to foreign countries since leaving the military. He's claimed to have made many.

Trust me. I don't think this is a TV show. Nor do I think it's a movie.
It's my opinion he has nothing to do with taking a young mother to gain publicity for "saving" her.
He's going to risk his liberty, his wife and kids, his home, ranch, livelihood and everything he has to do a crime? He's going to not only hire people to do it, he's bought them chains and a vehicle and approved beatings, broken noses, branding and starvation?
The "hero" scenario seems more like a movie of the week to me than an abduction of a jogger by strangers for whatever purpose they had in mind.
JMO

:confused:
attachment.php

:confused: :confused: :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics