Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #19

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Question for Lake16
I know SP's mom and dad are big boat people...I noticed a pic on mom's FB of a boat motor on a trailer in some sort of storage unit. I also noticed a hose clamp on a hose attached to the engine. Factor in that 1/4" chain is used to pull boats and I have to wonder if there might be someone who works on boats....someone that may have seen SP with her parents out boating or w/e.

I thought tow truck driver or plumber, but boat mechanics would have both items, chain & hose clamps, handy at all times.

Any women working on boats would sure narrow it down.

(Edited to add) "48% of Boat Mechanic are male in California, and 52% of the Boat Mechanic are female in California" - Salarygenius.com

Finally some new ideas I haven't heard yet. Good job! Very interesting...hmm

We must have as precise facts as possible in order to move forward. Perhaps someone will contact Matt Gutman to discover if he was told Sp was held in a basement and the producers snipped it.

How did they secret SP during the two and a half hour drive? SP is chained and restrained at the first crime scene where her mailbox is located? A bag of some type was placed over her head?

I would be dialing 911 if I witnessed that scene while traveling anywhere. So how did they hide her inside of the SUV? We need to locate that SUV. Dark gray? Dark red? Dark blue? Black?

Agreed. I wonder if it was shown in a clip somewhere. Maybe it was edited out. Or I could just be wrong and it was something I read here and elsewhere.

Basements, while rare, seem to be more common in homes out here built before the 1950's when the A/C fad really started. I've seen them in the older homes in the Chico area also.

Basements are not uncommon in Midtown Sacramento. A lot of old Victorian homes have them. JMO

I find that interesting conjecture, I had not thought about a boating connection. I don't get the impression that SP spends a great deal of time with her parent's though, but perhaps it is possible.

I think the chain and hose clamps are a huge clue...mostly because who uses hose clamps to bind a person? Or even a bag over the head of the captive that could be worked off pretty easily. A blindfold and a flex tie would be so much more efficient and less work....but maybe not something the perp had lying around in the SUV

JMO

Basements, while rare, seem to be more common in homes out here built before the 1950's when the A/C fad really started. I've seen them in the older homes in the Chico area also.

Lake you said there are a couple PI's that were hired by the Papini's. We already know what Garcia thinks. Do you know what theories the PI's that KP hired are leaning towards, if any?

I understand if you can't answer that. TIA

Exactly. For whatever reason and I think this warrants repeating. We don't know everything LE knows, but I hope we can all agree that SP was assaulted (and the degree is really irrelevant). JMO BBM

You are using your prefrontal cortex right now to read this article and absorb what we’ve written, rather than getting distracted by other thoughts in your head or things going on around you. But in states of high stress, fear or terror like combat and sexual assault, the prefrontal cortex is impaired – sometimes even effectively shut down – by a surge of stress chemicals.

Inevitably, at some point during a traumatic experience, fear kicks in. When it does, it is no longer the prefrontal cortex running the show, but the brain’s fear circuitry – especially the amygdala. Once the fear circuitry takes over, it – not the prefrontal cortex – controls where attention goes.

These advances in our understanding of the impact of trauma on the brain have enormous implications for the criminal justice system. It is not reasonable to expect a trauma survivor – whether a rape victim, a police officer or a soldier – to recall traumatic events the way they would recall their wedding day. They will remember some aspects of the experience in exquisitely painful detail. Indeed, they may spend decades trying to forget them. They will remember other aspects not at all, or only in jumbled and confused fragments. Such is the nature of terrifying experiences, and it is a nature that we cannot ignore.
http://time.com/3625414/rape-trauma-brain-memory/

You know I don't get it. You can state CG did it, or that sex trafficking is the reason, but you can't state you think SP isn't being fully honest here about what happened. I respect the fact she is a victim and am not interested in bashing her. I just don't buy that she has told all here, for whatever reason.

To know she was in a basement means she had to see something at some point. So she may have heard them open a door followed by immediate stairs...that could be an underground garage as well. Not underground, but below the apartment, whatever. JMO

Compelled to comment RE: the word "minor".

In the ER, we do not want to de-value someone who is in distress by telling them (or when talking to other staff) their injuries are "minor" or downplaying them. Likewise, we don't want to overplay and possibly cause panic. These terms are subjective and must be used with caution. For that matter - they're also somewhat judgemental. It isn't as though there is "minor", "severe", and nothing in between.

One minor injury is one thing. Many of them is quite another thing altogether. Cumulative injuries over time isn't minor, imo.

Also IMO, there was nothing "minor" about this situation at all. The word simply doesn't apply here.

This is why the terminology "non life-threatening" is used, as it was in this case.

You have stated "without permission" a couple of times...not sure what you mean. Facebook posts, unless private, are used all the time by all variety of media...just ask the countless people who have been fired over something they posted that went viral.

Also, SP's bio father...is there a contract or some sort of agreement that requires KP give his consent for family to give interviews? I certainly understand not wanting to compromise the investigation, if that is the case.

Thanks!

Used without permission means just what I inferred. It may not mean the media can't air those comments or print them legally. But they did not ask and receive permission to do so.

And my understanding is that KP, SK, and other family members have requested that other family members not give interviews to the media. The comment by SK about being the spokesperson for the family is a bit confusing. RR3 was allowed to be active on FB, perhaps unbeknownst to SK as those were very chaotic times. The problem was his FB post defending KP got picked up by the media and printed and SK was caught off-guard by the press. So the lines got blurred/crossed. RR3 continued to post when he felt it necessary on FB.

IIRC, LE stated that she was driven 2.5 hours following her abduction, not that she was specifically driven 2.5 hours away from the abduction site. But IMO, it makes sense that your implication is correct and it was a one way drive, versus driving around in circles to confuse her of the destination whereabouts. JMO

Lake: how did Sherri know she was 2.5 hours away from her abduction site?

I've been thinking about this but I just can't recall. Usually I notice when friends are left handed.
Is it possible to find out? I will tell you why I ask. If Sherri is left-handed there is a possibility that those who took her knew that.

I have searched the 20/20 transcript, and read through and re-watched the other interviews with KP and Sheriff Bosenko a few times.

Neither indicated that SP was being held in a 'basement'.

Looks like the Daily Mail made that assumption based on the description that she was held in a dark place with her head sometimes covered and wrongly presented it as fact.

I think the chain and hose clamps are a huge clue...mostly because who uses hose clamps to bind a person? Or even a bag over the head of the captive that could be worked off pretty easily. A blindfold and a flex tie would be so much more efficient and less work....but maybe not something the perp had lying around in the SUV

JMO

I think they are too. Those aren't items you're going to find with someone living in an apartment, for example. They are however, common items you'd find in a home's garage, with someone who works as a mechanic - cars, motorcycles, or other rec vehicle types.

Just throwing this out there... so far, it seems there have only been two angles to her abduction that have been discussed: that the kidnapping was pre-meditated and SP was targeted, or that these were kidnappers who happened to see SP and decided she'd make a good kidnapping victim.

But here's a third: while jogging, SP was accidentally hit by a vehicle. The drivers were too afraid to report this or bring SP to a hospital, but picked her up (disoriented or unconscious) and decided to treat her themselves. They always planned to release her, so kept their faces covered up.

This is pretty far fetched, but you never know what theories will come out of thinking outside the box...

No, I've never had conversations with those PI's. And for the record I think I stated that I leaned toward ST for the motive, not that I am convinced that is the only possible motive. I haven't ruled out other scenarios although I find some unlikely.
Lake you said there are a couple PI's that were hired by the Papini's. We already know what Garcia thinks. Do you know what theories the PI's that KP hired are leaning towards, if any?

I understand if you can't answer that. TIA

Is it possible to find out? I will tell you why I ask. If Sherri is left-handed there is a possibility that those who took her knew that.

I don't understand the importance. The kidnappers only want left handed victims?

We must have as precise facts as possible in order to move forward. Perhaps someone will contact Matt Gutman to discover if he was told Sp was held in a basement and the producers snipped it.

As best I can tell, the basement reference started with the Daily Mail article which in itself was a re-hash of the 20/20 interview. Chris Spargo has the byline on that article at one point: at another he shares the byline with Anneta Konstantinides.

Other sites have re-published the Daily Mail article, and creepycrusher posted some of those links. But it started with the Daily Mail.

I have reached out to both of the reporters on social media. I'll report back here if they respond.

This is the house that drew my attention. This is probably nothing but as I have been trying to look around for possible sites that SP could have been kept at I thought I would post it. I think it may have a basement if you zoom right close but am not sure. It looks abandoned but it's hard to say for sure

Google Streetview Link

The houses location in relation to where SP was dropped off, SS from the Case Map

house2.PNG

BBM. The police log you're referring to was a person who wanted to remain anonymous and contacted a family friend to report the tip rather than LE. No where was it stated that a family friend was holding a woman against her will.

While I'm not sure if CG was involved or is just an opportunist, his involvement timeline and work history is very odd.

on another site, someone has worked hard to verify his resume and credentials (provided by the gambles themselves)..It appears he has, at the very least, fluffed his resume to appear that he has more experience than what he truly has. His resume timeline is off in some instances where he says he was doing this at the time, but then when you dig deeper..he was doing something else at the same time. A plaque he posted as an award for SERE training has been pointed out as being fake by numerous people with military experience. The claim is that the award is homemade and that no way could CG have been a sere trainer as he wasn't in the military long enough and did not have nearly the credentials he needed to even enter training.

Someone found a google sites of papinis that show she was a friend of Jen gambles. If I am not mistaken, Jen gamble had been some sort of a life coach and I wondered if Papini was a client of hers or something. CG and jg both seem into mindset and becoming better and pushing yourself..CG offers survival trainings and sp had lots of survival things posted on her Pinterest.

I also stumbled upon a post that said Jen and CG own a 200 acre ranch in Shasta County..they sell survival gear, offer hunting expeditions and survival expeditions. They also own cattle and brand cattle..just kind of an odd coincidence with sp being branded. G7outdoors and G7ranch on Instagram if you want to look them up.

im curious as to how they went from being dirt poor and living in an rv to owning a 200 acre ranch

there was also that police report saying a family friend was holding a woman against her will in a storage container. I also thought it odd that he stated sp found the "key" to staying alive after she was returned.

it's all just very odd.,.you never heard of CG until sp went missing..and then he gets involved in the sp case and she's returned. There are more missing women in the area and requests for CG to become involved but haven't heard a peep out of him.

Listen, I don't mean to accuse someone if they are innocent. But no one can deny that there are too many weird coincidences with this. At the very least CG was just in the right place at the right and took advantage of the,opportunity to promote himself and his business.

If it was just two random Latinas, then there are not a bunch of other people needing to be involved.

But if it was CG, then he needed to have people working for him, to do the dirty work. And that would take a lot of coordination and communication to make it work.

Notnecessarily.

He could have HIRED those two latinas, for starters. Second of all, he could have kidnapped her, locked her away, and stayed with her himself. remember; he admits he was away for most of that same period of time. Many people have kidnapped people and kept them hidden - all on their own.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper