Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #19

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
We usually take a language in high school.
Most take Spanish.

Did she?

Not to be snarky but, my kid took four years of French in h.s. and made all As and Bs, plus spent seven days in France after graduation and speaking the language. It's not been as long as SP since my child graduated h.s., and I doubt mine could decipher a French radio station. If you don't use it, you lose it. To be fair, Spanish is spoken more frequently, but I took Spanish in h.s., and the Spanish speaking folks around here tried to slow their speech down for me, and I picked out very, very, little. Hand signs, pointing, and nodding yes and no, worked better for all involved. We had fun though! lol

Maybe I have the wrong acronym? I believe a few threads ago, someone made reference to a CASA race that SP might possibly have trained for.

I know upthread, reference was made to the Casa Superhero Run, and just wondering if that does or doesn't relate to the the capitalized CASA acronym.

It's the same organization.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maybe I have the wrong acronym? I believe a few threads ago, someone made reference to a CASA race that SP might possibly have trained for.

I know upthread, reference was made to the Casa Superhero Run, and just wondering if that does or doesn't relate to the the capitalized CASA acronym.

It's the same CASA/Casa, sillybilly.

The participants dress in superhero costumes and the funds raised benefit CASA and affiliated local social service programs, as I understand it. http://run4casa.com/#stag_widget_static_content-3

It does seem likely to me that she would've volunteered more with whatever programs (preK, Tball, etc.) her children were in. But IMO, this could have been something that she did prior to having her own children and maybe took fewer cases. My friend has developed lifelong friendships with the children (now adults) for which she advocated. The only significance is that her involvement (if such) could have put her at additional risk (in testifying against a parent that may have been abusing their child). JMO

Purely speculation mn my pArt, but I doubt she spent much time volunteering at CASA. She had a 2 and a 4 yr old. Those aren't usually the years that Moms can devote much time to other things. I volunteered more hours when my kids were in elementary and middle school. JMO

Re: gas station - most gas stations have cameras...at some point these two had to have gotten gas somewhere...as well as other supplies...unless of course they were all filled up, stocked up, and never went anywhere.

never went anywhere
LEO needs to be provided with a little more data on the description of the dark SUV and the two Hispanic women. Do you suppose that SP was held near the Redding area?

It requires copious man hours to gumshoe the videos but I would have already obtained recordings for at least a 90 mile radius. Too late now if it has not been done b/c those CCTVs record over their tapes so frequently that they only keep them for a certain length of time as in four days in the Will Smith/ Cardell Hayes murder trial. Police asked for surveillance tapes from Sake Cafe in NOLA five days after the homicide. Sake Cafe copies over tapes on the fourth day. Not lucky!

I think Hatfield's CASA theory is a good one.

IF Sherri did volunteer as a child advocate in the past, she could have caught the ire of a mother and daughter who held a grudge for years.......... and then decided to take Sherri away from own kids and put her through hell for while, to teach her a lesson.

Maybe Lake16 knows whether Sherri ever volunteered as a child advocate?

LEO needs to be provided with a little more data on the description of the dark SUV and the two Hispanic women. Do you suppose that SP was held near the Redding area?

It requires copious man hours to gumshoe the videos but I would have already obtained recordings for at least a 90 mile radius. Too late now if it has not been done b/c those CCTVs record over their tapes so frequently that they only keep them for a certain length of time as in four days in the Will Smith/ Cardell Hayes murder trial. Police asked for surveillance tapes from Sake Cafe in NOLA five days after the homicide. Sake Cafe copies over tapes on the fourth day. Not lucky!

It seems like captors would stick to remote areas so maybe gathering them would be less time consuming...hopefully.

It's the same CASA/Casa, sillybilly.

The participants dress in superhero costumes and the funds raised benefit CASA and affiliated local social service programs, as I understand it. http://run4casa.com/#stag_widget_static_content-3

Okay, got it !! Thanks to all who straightened me out.

I was thinking possibly Casa was something along the lines of Casa Loma or such and CASA was different.

Extremely interesting in conjunction with some other things I have seen!!!!

I have often wondered if Sherri had already finished her run and had wound or placed the earbuds on top herself . Mention of a possible ankle injury would make sense in regard to her phone appearing "placed" If she had to sit down, she may have placed her phone next to her in order to check her ankle.
Timing is everything, and the persons that abducted her may have just happened along at this time offering help. IMO this was a crime of opportunity

IF Sherri did volunteer as a child advocate in the past, she could have caught the ire of a mother and daughter who held a grudge for years.......... and then decided to take Sherri away from own kids and put her through hell for while, to teach her a lesson.

What was that job ad that she forwarded to a friend? Wasn't it for some kind of social work? I think someone found it on google plus maybe?

Purely speculation mn my pArt, but I doubt she spent much time volunteering at CASA. She had a 2 and a 4 yr old. Those aren't usually the years that Moms can devote much time to other things. I volunteered more hours when my kids were in elementary and middle school. JMO

Besides, SP may have had a job, at least part time. Her sister was not allowed the authority to release the employment info during her news conference.

Daily Mail
Last week, he promised their two children, Tyler four and Violet, two, that 'mommy' would be home by Thanksgiving
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...napped-Sherri-Papini-reveals-100k-reward.html

The rest of that quote:

Last week, he promised their two children, Tyler four and Violet, two, that 'mommy' would be home by Thanksgiving.

'Of course we all hoped it would come true, you have to have faith,' said Ken.

'But we had planned to have a nice family Thanksgiving and none of us were allowed to mention it, we would only talk about forgiving and thanks. None of us imagined it might actually come true.'

I did ask Lake, but he/she was not aware of anything other than that she did the CASA run previously and was planning for it this year.

Lake addressed the DM article in post 236 earlier today:

I have to head out, but one last thing, and I'm sorry I don't have an exact quote. Someone mentioned the People magazine "Interview" that KP did. To my knowledge KP has only spoken to ABC post SP release and the People magazine story is just a rehash of the ABC interview.

The post release DM interview of KP's father was not "authorized" by KP, and contains numerous factual inaccuracies. I've met KP's father a couple times and while a very nice and decent man he is somewhat of an "entertainer" in social situations who should not always be taken literally and his stories are often best served with a grain of salt. For instance, the supposed Thanksgiving day picture of the kids in the article was actually from several weeks earlier. I hope saying that isn't a violation of the TOS, if so mods please delete it.

The rest of that quote:

It does seem likely to me that she would've volunteered more with whatever programs (preK, Tball, etc.) her children were in. But IMO, this could have been something that she did prior to having her own children and maybe took fewer cases. My friend has developed lifelong friendships with the children (now adults) for which she advocated. The only significance is that her involvement (if such) could have put her at additional risk (in testifying against a parent that may have been abusing their child). JMO

BBM
If she had ever had anything to do w/a child being removed, from a family, (or a family perceived that she did), then I could see this as a viable theory.

What was that job ad that she forwarded to a friend? Wasn't it for some kind of social work? I think someone found it on google plus maybe?

It was for a Child Custody Recommending Counselor.

Was it ever on the logs? I can't seem to remember seeing it, but that's been a while ago. It is definitely omitted from the logs now, it was incident report #16-40875.

http://www.co.shasta.ca.us/docs/Sheriff/daily-logs/11-02-2016.pdf?sfvrsn=2

Late to respond to this—what's below isn't the Shasta Sheriff Nov 2 log, but the case was entered into the National Missing and Unidentified Persons Database on November 4, so may include some of the details from the log:

NamUs Papini.jpg

https://webcache.googleusercontent...._report_html/35943+&cd=12&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=ca

I'm not sure if there's anything groundbreaking here, but I found it interesting.

(The page is supposed to be available only to logged in members—but anyone can view the cached version. tsk.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Quantum-Dark