Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #19

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
For those who are discussing KP's use of words like taken, snatched,abducted, kidnapped, etc - what significance, if any, are you giving to the word choice?

To me, they are interchangeable. I know some state statutes might get specific with regard to kidnapping or other words. But for the lay person, I don't really see a distinction?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They aren't going to solve this case.

A.) She was found alive and returned home. Living victims take a lower priority on the crime scale, and eventually go cold unless glaring new evidence is presented.

B) The don't have enough evidence to even name a suspect(s), much less convict one.

C) The victim wouldn't be able to make a positive I.D. even if LE were able to arrest someone for this.

D) A case this perplex and confusing would be a nightmare for a prosecutor, and an absolute dream for a defense lawyer.

F) The general public has a very short attention span and with other crimes occurring daily, will eventually lose interest in this story.

G.) The victim is back home safe-and-sound with her family , in time for the holidays no doubt, so any urgency that was present on the part of LE before is completely gone now. The only reason they are still discussing it is because the media keeps bringing it up.

H) The cops have been unable to figure out who kidnapped her, where she was held, who released her, or what the entire motive behind this was. To think that could all change in the drop of a hat is unrealistic and highly unlikely at this point.

Pull out a big manila envelope and write UNSOLVED across the front and back. Shove all the reports and interviews in there and then replace it in the file cabinet.

All done.

For those who are discussing KP's use of words like taken, snatched,abducted, kidnapped, etc - what significance, if any, are you giving to the word choice?

To me, they are interchangeable. I know some state statutes might get specific with regard to kidnapping or other words. But for the lay person, I don't really see a distinction?

Taken matches the wording of Project Taken. Not a word I would think of using in this context. Taken=someone took an object, not a person, but that's JMOO.

Taken matches the wording of Project Taken. Not a word I would think of using in this context. Taken=someone took an object, not a person, but that's JMOO.

Liam Neeson might disagree with you. LOL!

Where is the evidence that he "purposely insinuated himself" into the case? LJ, who would know if anyone would, provided a detailed, blow-by-blow account of how things developed with the AD. CG was not involved until the AD told LJ he needed a spokesperson. If CG was already involved, then the AD would not have asked. I get that LE didn't approve. But I also understand that nothing happened without Keith's approval.

The way I see it. Irrelevant of the who or the why and when. CG said yes and became the public face of the 'ransom appeal' He is not LE, neither is he associated with any LE organisation, or FBI etc. He is joe public, expert or not.

For all the above reasons he inserted himself into the investigation, that is my interpretation anyway.

Thanks! I did not know this but find it very interesting. If I understand correctly, familial DNA could not be done unless there was a match in the federal or state criminal cases. But if there was a match, there wouldn't need to be a familial test, would there? Unless ALL of the DNA collected could then be tested (familial) to identify the 2nd perp. Somewhat discouraging though, that either way, in SP's case with 2 women abductors that further testing wouldn't be effective.

BBM. You misunderstood, soanyway.

If LE recovered DNA samples from two unknown females and one unknown male on the inside of the hose clamps chained to Sherri when she was released, for example, LE could run it through the criminal databases in hopes of matching it to people already in the system. Same as always.

If they unfortunately got no direct matches to DNA samples from people already in the system......in California, LE could then search the criminal databases for male blood relatives that match up to the unidentified male DNA found on the inside of the hose clamps. If they got a match, that could be extremely helpful to the investigation.

I thought about that too...and even that the hair they cut was proof they had her ... once the other dropped her off, and the call came that she was found, the money was released

BBM. You misunderstood, soanyway.

If LE recovered DNA samples from two unknown females and one unknown male on the inside of the hose clamps chained to Sherri when she was released, for example, LE could run it through the criminal databases in hopes of matching it to people already in the system. Same as always.

If they unfortunately got no direct matches to DNA samples from people already in the system......in California, LE could then search the criminal databases for male blood relatives that match up to the unidentified male DNA found on the inside of the hose clamps. If they got a match, that could be extremely helpful to the investigation.

Where were hose clamps mentioned?

First I am truly convinced that SP and her family are nothing but victims here. How horrible for them to have to deal with the after effects of SP’s abduction and torture yet blessed they have her home. I think whoever did this hated SP. They were not going to kill her but they were going to torture her. They may have directly known her or, may have only known of her from others but she was specifically target. When thinking on the “blog writing attributed to her name but denied by those who know her that she did or would write it” it cannot be dismissed it is in some way connected to SP even if she did not write it. This brings in the racial component and is then supported by 2 Hispanic women kidnapping SP. This happens in just a few days before one of the most raucous elections that has one candidate threating some of our Hispanic residence making them not very happy. SP and her husband went to the same high school together. If I am calculating correctly she probably had her 15th class reunion in 2015 and his would have been this year. I think one of their pictures is in front of a prom type backdrop that looks like ones I‘ve seen taken at reunions. I wonder about old wounds coming up after 15 years being a factor along with the political climate. JMHO

Where were hose clamps mentioned?

“Sherri obviously has one free hand that still has some kind of, something like a hose clamp if you will, and then took obviously the bag off of her head,” Keith said. “She, at this point, has no idea where she's at, and gets up and basically tries to find help, runs to a house that didn't have any lights on, and didn't look what she said was very inviting, looked scary, and obviously if you could imagine her state of mind at this point.”

http://abcnews.go.com/US/sherri-pap...erious-disappearance-search/story?id=43930023

I think Skibaboo had made up some maps but we don't have much to place into a map on what info is out so far.

I spent a lot of time driving around street view and this just jogged my memory. It may be absolutely nothing but I was going to mention it and forgot. I remember seeing a creepy looking derelict house in the middle of nowhere. I don't remember exactly where, I drove all around Cty Rd 17 & 18 and surrounding areas wondering if she had been kept nearby.

when I get on my computer later I'll go find it, just because of the creepy feeling it gave me

On the dispatch audio from when she was found.

Long version? Wondering what type of hose clamp you cut...I'm not handy and only know of the small hose clamps, so...

my guess was a mother daughter team and they had to let her go by Thanksgiving so as to not raise any suspicions among any of their family members. Why ? Who knows

I thought of this also. Bernardo and Homolka made at least one decision to kill based on a pending Easter dinner. Seems to me that Kibbey had a pending court date when he let AH go. I think it fits.

Why hasn't the 911 call been made public yet from the truck driver?? We've heard the call between dispatch and CHP, but what about the initial call made? And I'm beginning to doubt the Sutton woman's account, unless her 911 call is released. She could've inserted herself for attention, that happens, even on a smaller level like a comment on the Help Find SP Facebook page.

I'm truly surprised the truck driver hasn't come forward, unless he's from an area not around here and not aware of the media about SP. Some folks don't keep up with current events in the news and don't use social media. He could've been passing through and not from around here at all. If he is aware, LE could've told him not to speak to media or he could be arrested for hindering an investigation.

Long version? Wondering what type of hose clamp you cut...I'm not handy and only know of the small hose clamps, so...

There are a number of kinds of hose clamps. Some have a screw. Others could be used with something called a "banding tool" which make them more or less permanent and would require cutting to get them off.

But on the day of SP's release, even if she had the screw-type clamp, LE might have just cut it off her rather than trying to locate a screwdriver.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bella257