Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #19

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I call bull crap on that.

Because they advertised her entire family on 20/20.

So why would they say that this was probably a real sadistic serial rapists or serial killer?

Those people usually kill their vics before releasing them. Jmo.

But the title is sensational. So I'm sure it will get clicks.

Yep! It's those attention grabbing headlines again with the same meat inside.

Don't give up so easily! :)

A screw-type hose clamp is a terrible choice because you can simply grab the screw with your fingers and turn it! I have one right in front of me and just verified this. When it is not clamped tightly around something (ie., loose on a person's wrists) the screw is easily turned. So it simply will not work as a restraint.

A hose clamp as a restraint is flat out comical.

Keith described it as something like a hose clamp. Therefore, I doubt it actually was a hose clamp.

Two alternatives that have been offered are band clamp, or shackle.

Just to be clear, there are different types of hose clamps. A band clamp is a hose clamp just like a worm gear screw-type clamp is also a hose clamp.

I used to sell clamps and build hoses, so I know a little something about this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lol. Santa needs more sprinkled doughnuts.

Join me and the elves and lets treat the Redding Law enforcement officers to unlimited doughnuts with extra sprinkles.

That will make me smile. Lol

Me too, Dex, me too.

Happy Sunday. :)

I did not blame the victim. I have repeatedly called SP a victim. Please do not put words in my mouth, I would never do that to someone on this board. We will all come to our own conclusions about any case on this board. No two people think alike. If I see something I don't like, I skip by it and move on.

I went through the same thing today. People need to roll and scroll. No one is blaming the victims here. We know better. Thank you. No need to reword. People need to redirect their anger and frustration in a better way than attacking posters on here. JMOO

Not to belabor the point too much (maybe I already have but I enjoy respectful back-and-forth)...

There were two abductors according to SP. since she has just been taken, she is probably freaking out. So the non-driving abductor can be in the back seat with her and force her to stay down in the floorboard at gunpoint. She is a tiny enough person that she will fit down there just fine. Perhaps also restrained in some way but it may be enough to have a gun pointed at you and a bag over your head.

And if their SUV is anything like mine, my side windows in back are tinted darker than the ones in front. I could literally have someone sitting upright back there with a bag and in chains and no one would see them in broad daylight. In fact, they might be more visible at night time when you have directed light sources instead of general bright sunlight.

Just food for thought. I'll shut up now.

Agree. But she never stated another 2 hour drive before getting dropped off.

So I guess we will never know much for now.

Btw. The mods usually give time outs to those that questions Dexter.

But I told them to hold off for now.

Lol. Just kidding. Much love. Many hugs. And I appreciate the respectful back and forth as well.

I guess we will never know until the family or LE wants us too.

Good job.

So that means they may speak English and wouldn't necessarily listen to only Spanish language radio stations.

I wonder if someone who only speaks Spanish would listen to an English language station because they like the music being played? I think it's possible. JMO

Also, regardless of their music preferences, they might have been pretty paranoid....scanning news stations, worried that someone had seen them grab SP and that the hunt had already begun.

But if he had stayed with her himself, I feel he would have been uncovered already. Because his alibi cannot be that he was hanging out alone in the Sacto area.

And if he had hired the 2 Latinas, would there be any evidence on any electronic devices?

Well, I'm sure police asked him that. You can bet police are already investigating where he says he was, what he was doing there, and who saw him there.

The "risk" is getting pulled over, correct? That is the risk you were talking about in your original post.

You get pulled over when you commit a traffic violation. That is no more likely to happen if I'm driving around in a radius than if I'm driving in a straight line.

So it's related to my observing the traffic laws, not the route I'm driving. Do you see what I mean?

There's
also the risk of getting into an accident where the police are called.

Hi all. I haven't read all the threads, unfortunately time does not permit me to do so, so I apologise if this has already been discussed and I've missed the discussion. The fact that SP was released on Thanksgiving Day is something I can't seem to ignore and believe there is some significance to it. I'm wondering, does anyone know anything about the "Thanksgiving Day Race" that SP was preparing for? How big is this particular event? Is it HUGE and could be considered extremely important to those who compete in it? Did someone, another competitor or someone involved in the race want SP out? Was she kidnapped and told to pull out of the race, and she refused and so they held her captive for 3 weeks, beating her, starving her and branded her to ensure she would NOT be competing in the race at all. SP was released by one person/woman (?). She was abducted by two. Was the other woman at home sleeping--big day ahead (?).. So many questions, I guess I need to know more about the actual race SP was preparing for, so if anyone can shed light on it, that would be great. Thanks all.

I don't recall hearing about a Thanksgiving race she was training for. Most local races in my state do not offer large amounts of money for the winners. Perhaps notoriety in the local paper. Larger races with contributors/sponsors may have larger cash awards for winners. I'm interested in hearing which race she had planned for?

How do you know that the kidnappers only spoke Spanish and only listened to Spanish language stations?

She lived in Cali all her life. So I bet she knew enough Spanish to recognize the 'numbers' to know what time they are saying.

I think the ransom deadline ended 4.5 hours before she was released.

So either it was paid.

Or that was good prediction timing on CG part or something.

Idk
I just googled "Thanksgiving Race" and although HUGE, it is NOT the kind of event I'm thinking of. Nonetheless, thanks for responding!

Quote Originally Posted by Jethro4WS
Is it possible to find out? I will tell you why I ask. If Sherri is left-handed there is a possibility that those who took her knew that.

I don't understand the importance. The kidnappers only want left handed victims?

You are wise to query. Jethro4WS has been an instrumental and valuable sleuth on the Missy Bevers' threads. When Jethro asks a question or makes a statement, I try not to speed read.

How do you know there is no evidence she was raped? LE will not and has not released that information to the public, unless Sherri says they can. We have just as much proof that she wasn't raped as we do that she was.
EXACTLY RIGHT which means there is no need to discuss. We have no evidence either way so let's leave this topic alone until or if we ever receive new information about this topic.

Thank you,
Tricia

Hmm... I agree, that is a possibility. A bunker might be supplied with enough food for three weeks, too.

jmopinion

Another unique place that I had not heard about for kidnap victims.

This may have been mentioned before. I just saw it on the news tonight. This person was very recently kidnapped in Mexico and was luckily rescued. He was being held in a real cave.

He was bound to the cave walls with chains and cuffs.

http://mexiconewsdaily.com/news/kidnap-victim-65-freed-after-12-days/

She lived in Cali all her life. So I bet she knew enough Spanish to recognize the 'numbers' to know what time they are saying.

This is Northern California we're talking about. It's probably 10 hours or more from the Mexico border. The demographics in Redding are 86% white and 8% Hispanic. There is no compelling reason for the average Resident of that area to know a lick of Spanish.

It was a Turkey Trot to benefit CASA (I believe), not a super competitive race, more of a family affair. I think the longest distance may have been 6 miles? But don't quote me. IMO, the abduction would not be related to the race. That's not to say that it couldn't have been related to any work she may have done with CASA though (which we don't have confirmation of at this point, JMO).

I don't recall hearing about a Thanksgiving race she was training for. Most local races in my state do not offer large amounts of money for the winners. Perhaps notoriety in the local paper. Larger races with contributors/sponsors may have larger cash awards for winners. I'm interested in hearing which race she had planned for?

I'm more interested in the time she was in the car the morning she was released. I can easily see them taking her north to Eureka (into Humboldt County) and holding her there. But then the one who released her traveling the very opposite direction, south of Redding to throw off the trail and make it appear as though she had been there the whole time. SP had previously worked in Eureka and it's possible may have encountered a stalker who planned the abduction. JMO

Agree. That is a huge key to if she was held closer to home or closer to the drop-off location.

But I guess that is information that they need to keep close to the vest.

It's a Charismatic/Signs and Wonders thing, IMO. I really haven't looked too close at Bethel but from what I've seen, (magically appearing feathers, gold dust, etc.) it sounds loosely affiliated with that whole Toronto Blessing and the Brownsville revival action from about 20-ish years ago.

Or...it's someone using the words and images that appeal to his
audience, admirers, and/or potential customers.

Jmopinion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member